Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Darth Canoli

Arcane
If you never played the game, it's alright to play BB without any mod or just get: "turn it in" (it's included in the latest legends build), it allows you to turn some quest to any of the faction settlement for the ones requiring a lot of walking, it's just a life saver.

Fixed, it was a slip of tongue.

Convince me Legends mod isn't trash. I never played it, but that's because it reeks of trash.

"Camp" looks like a smorgasbord of different cropped pictures spaced out. It's so uncanny that it makes Daggerfall placement seem human by comparison.
Useless bloat like female gender inclusion, tons of items that clearly don't fit with the rest of the game aesthetic, cheap enemy reskins.

Nope, there is a lot of options and customization, enough for you to play the mod how you like and i believe a couple of people, me included already talked about it in these pages.
Just read the whole thread if you want more details.

That was the true definition of glas cannon for me.Just had 2 shield bros and others were all ranged.
It was effective till it wasn't...

It could work with 2/3 very good 2H bros + a mix of archers + arbalest + gunners and eventually some throwers + nets.
You would probably have some trouble with armored unholds, particularly the white ones, with direwolves swarming your archers, same for gobo riders and perhaps with alps as well and necrosavants (and some legendary locations).

Old One

Arcane
For an all missile band you'd certainly have to start off playing more-or-less normally until you got a couple archerbros good enough. Then you'd have to transition to more and more archerbros as you got more and more good ones. It would be a huge challenge though. I guess you could try it with the band of poachers start.

And now an update on my first "real" band after the tutorial group...

They (not me - they) accepted a two-skull job to eradicate some monsters that had been bothering a village. The monsters turned out to be a group of 17 Nachtzerkers, or whatever they're called - the ghoul things. One was already full size at the outset, and two others were mid-size. Long story short, the battle ended with three full size ghoul toad monsters eating everyone in the band. I think the lads did pretty well to whittle them down to three, but when they got to full size the lads couldn't damage them fast enough to kill them before they would chow down on a corpse and heal themselves.

Luckily I wasn't a big fan of that band anyway.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Started a new company and my first quest of the game got me killed by five orcs. Probably the shortest game I have had so far.

All I could think was:

Welcome to Battle Brothers, bitch!

Tigranes

Arcane
For an all missile band you'd certainly have to start off playing more-or-less normally until you got a couple archerbros good enough. Then you'd have to transition to more and more archerbros as you got more and more good ones. It would be a huge challenge though. I guess you could try it with the band of poachers start.

And now an update on my first "real" band after the tutorial group...

They (not me - they) accepted a two-skull job to eradicate some monsters that had been bothering a village. The monsters turned out to be a group of 17 Nachtzerkers, or whatever they're called - the ghoul things. One was already full size at the outset, and two others were mid-size. Long story short, the battle ended with three full size ghoul toad monsters eating everyone in the band. I think the lads did pretty well to whittle them down to three, but when they got to full size the lads couldn't damage them fast enough to kill them before they would chow down on a corpse and heal themselves.

Luckily I wasn't a big fan of that band anyway.

I'm curious, but how would this archerband deal with undead, lindwurms, and so on? And would every battle take far longer because you're basically having to hit-and-run? Would every archerbro need high stamina & related perks to jump around like mountain goats?

Now, if we had a BB DLC allowing mounted bros, then there's a thought...

Old One

Arcane
I began a new game using the start with three beast hunters. I've decided I'm going to use ten-letter words instead of random seeds for map generation. In this case I chose Incendiary, just because it was the first ten-letter word that popped in my head. It made a pretty good map with lots of settlements. In my previous game the map was very difficult - very few settlements at all, and north of the desert city states only one town with a temple, which was inconvenient to say the least.

I hired a eunuch with a deathwish.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm curious, but how would this archerband deal with undead, lindwurms, and so on? And would every battle take far longer because you're basically having to hit-and-run? Would every archerbro need high stamina & related perks to jump around like mountain goats?

Now, if we had a BB DLC allowing mounted bros, then there's a thought...

I think he said 80/90% archerband.
1x 2H swordman (Lonewolf starter or Master swordman or Hedge knight)
1x 2H axe (id)
2x gunners
2x arbalest
2x archers
2x throwers
You can eventually switch off bows for some fights.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Been playing it on Switch. Playing on the computer is much much more enjoyable due to ease of control, but the port is decent and the lag ain't bad except when you zoom out too much on the overall map, and it becomes impossible to control or see anything accurately. The developers promise to fix what they can over the next month, and I think it's a good buy for those who must play it in bed or want to support the developers.

It's playable but I was expecting a better port. Lots of annoying issues. The most critical I've found so far is the overworld pathfinding. Sometimes the party goes to the opposite direction of your destination when it's closer to the water and gets stuck in there. That happens with the NPCs aswell(once I found 3 city state militias stuck in the water close to the city).

The crashes stopped for me but I've experienced a lot of them in the first hour. They should try to do something about it too because it leaves a really bad first impression.
I was wondering, how do the controls work on Switch? Does the directional pad match correctly, or is it awkward on a hex grid?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How do you fight the imperial undead with their heavy shields and insta-gibber backline? They always seem to wreck me (Well, everything does, but anway...). I mean I guess having a shit ton of axes to hack their shields, but it only seemed to work so far.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Been playing it on Switch. Playing on the computer is much much more enjoyable due to ease of control, but the port is decent and the lag ain't bad except when you zoom out too much on the overall map, and it becomes impossible to control or see anything accurately. The developers promise to fix what they can over the next month, and I think it's a good buy for those who must play it in bed or want to support the developers.

It's playable but I was expecting a better port. Lots of annoying issues. The most critical I've found so far is the overworld pathfinding. Sometimes the party goes to the opposite direction of your destination when it's closer to the water and gets stuck in there. That happens with the NPCs aswell(once I found 3 city state militias stuck in the water close to the city).

The crashes stopped for me but I've experienced a lot of them in the first hour. They should try to do something about it too because it leaves a really bad first impression.
I was wondering, how do the controls work on Switch? Does the directional pad match correctly, or is it awkward on a hex grid?

IIRC The d-pad acts somewhat as the arrow keys(I don't know if those have any function on PC though, as I don't think I've ever tried to use them) and the analogs as the mouse. It's obviously nowhere near as good as M+KB but it's acceptable within its limitation - it didn't bother me particularly, although, as I mentioned, overworld navigation could be better if they implemented a pause-on-sight feature(and added additional map travel speeds). I've used the d-pad only for selecting skills and navigating some UI elements from time to time. For everything else I've used the analog sticks.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
How do you fight the imperial undead with their heavy shields and insta-gibber backline? They always seem to wreck me (Well, everything does, but anway...). I mean I guess having a shit ton of axes to hack their shields, but it only seemed to work so far.

2H sword to hit the backline, wait before playing on turn 1/2 so you can flank them, reach weapons like polearms and the reach axe ...
I always send a couple of high def guys in the middle with a weaker one to attract and agglutinate them before flanking them with the others, obviously, you try to kill their backline first, if you flank them with a 2H sword, you can get 2 per strike...

Brancaleone

Liturgist
They have high defense/armour low hp, so if you still don't have specialized equipment you can try flails' standard attack on shieldbearers (especially three headed flails, since wounds don't apply and therefore the three separate attacks have no drawback here).

Old One

Arcane
Speaking of mods...are there any map gen mods? I'd be quite pleased with a simple increase in map size by about 30%.

I looked at Legends, but it's unappealing to me; I like the look of some things, but a lot of things look superfluous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom