Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Video game authors worthy of respect

v1rus

Arcane
Well, what would the Codex say? Which game designers/writers does this :obviously: place rank among the titans of :obviously:

grimer

Learned
ppl who write the manuals. storyfag """authors""" deserve no respect for ruining this medium w their bsb fanfics

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
david-w-bradley-26520849-abff-4a6f-aa47-3a1e33a2eb7-resize-750.png

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
While there are a lot of Game Designers that at one point made some really great work, there's only three devs I can think of that over the years seem to have maintained a consistent level of quality:
> Itsuno
> Kamiya
> Mikami

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

If he had died in the early 2000's and not released another game, then yes.

Sid Meier had a good run too, with occasional shitty titles as well.

Styg and Vault Dweller certainly qualify, though both got only 1 and a half games out so far.

no one.
last hope i had was for braben (who i'll hold in contempt for not signing my boobs) and roberts. in hindsight, even sick in the head molyneux doesn't look so bad.

Todd Howard. The Codex hates his guts yet they still play all his games on launch day.
"the codex", as a hive mind, is supposed to play everything on launch day. knowledge is power, or so they say. also "know your enemy". me, as part of the hive mind, i'd gladly have an alternative. can you please direct me to other open world games with such extensive amount of mods?

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Well, what would the Codex say? Which game designers/writers does this :obviously: place rank among the titans of :obviously:
Phil Fish, his bitch fits and dramas have managed to resuscitate the PC 2d platformer genre
Fez is to 2d platformers what Ass Creed is to stealth games, if that. Games that surpassed it existed before it came into existence and many more came after. Fish xirself would cannot even if he found Fez DNA in Cuphead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom