Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Drakortha

Liturgist
I'm gonna wait 5 years after release when the full all-DLC-included edition costs 15 bucks during a Steam Summer Sale and there's three dozen gameplay rebalance mods and some foot fetish mods I can install to make the gameplay better and give me something to look at :M

As long as the moddability is the same as all other Bethesda games, it's gonna be decent years after release with enough mods installed over it.

Please kill yourself.

Quillon

Arcane
I'm gonna wait 5 years after release when the full all-DLC-included edition costs 15 bucks during a Steam Summer Sale and there's three dozen gameplay rebalance mods and some foot fetish mods I can install to make the gameplay better and give me something to look at

For me its better to play bethesda games at release and installing those first few mods/fixes as they come out, then again in a year when there are a lot more mods but the process is still manageable in reasonable time :P I am not anymore amused with spending a week to choose from thousands of mods and install them properly only to play a few hours after that. And whenever I followed a recommended modding guide, no matter what anyone says its always to their own taste/not satisfying/what I want.

Wunderbar

Arcane
He's a rat, but he's still relatively credible as far as leaking stuff goes. It's not like i'm reposting another coolstory about crunch or harassment.

I doubt he would waste his credibility points by saying something without knowing for certain.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
bethesda is good at making open world games that push the envelope... hope this one is going to be good not like piece of trash cyberpunk

i'd gladly settle for an updated skyrim in spaaaaace. i'd still only buy the ultradefinitive last ending edition 10 years from now for no more than 10 bucks, and i'd still feel guilty for not giving my money to modders, who transformed an interstellar turd into something bearable.

Dodo1610

Arcane
:negative:

so much for the "fallout 76 was made by a different team!"

People actually thought that, why? F76 was announced as Bethesda's biggest game ever by Todd Howard himself, it was the first time their main studio in Maryland even got support from other Beth studios like the one in Austin/ex Battlecry studio.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I can see it already: another CGI trailer at E3/Summer Game Fest, maybe followed by a short in-game teaser, that doesn't tell you shit about the game's nature. More details at QuakeCon (if the fanboys are "lucky"), but the first actual gameplay showing will be at The Game Awards.

Wunderbar

Arcane
People actually thought that, why?
the consensus was that Zenimax pushed Bethesda to make a multiplayer survival battleroyale cashgrab, and since their Rockville studio was busy with the next big thing (supposedly Starfield), Battlecry was assigned to do the job. However, the development got into trouble thanks to bethbryo not being well-suited for multiplayer games, so Zenimax ordered Rockville and Todd to help them out.

F76 was announced as Bethesda's biggest game ever by Todd Howard himself
he lied.

KnightShadePrime

Literate
Console fanboys using the word "exclusive" when it's on multiple platforms is amusing.
It's not like the console bro fanboys really pay any attention to PC.
They're too busy arguing with the other camp of boneheads about which weak hardware platform is "better".
And crowing about when their side gets an exclusive, to rub it in the others' faces.

And if they ever did think of PC for a moment, like when we get one of their "exclusives":
9ebbbd56880db8be78ecfdd50818e788.gif

Meanwhile, their mental and hardware retardation only drags gaming down.

mogwaimon

Magister
They're too busy arguing with the other camp of boneheads about which weak hardware platform is "better".

Their platforms are not weak currently. Try buying a gaming computer with 8 zen 2 cores, 16gb of fast ram, 1 terrabyte ssd and 11 terraflops of rdna2 gpu for 400 euros.

yea no, with the current shortages it's more like 850-1k dollars, kek. which makes the proposition of acquiring one of those consoles far less attractive, not to mention Sony is charging 70 bucks a game instead of 60, when 60 was already far too much for what you got in some cases. I'll stick with my PC, thanks.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
yea no, with the current shortages it's more like 850-1k dollars, kek. which makes the proposition of acquiring one of those consoles far less attractive, not to mention Sony is charging 70 bucks a game instead of 60, when 60 was already far too much for what you got in some cases. I'll stick with my PC, thanks.
Over here the only console with a shortage is the ps5, I got my series x easily and it wasn't 400 euros, it was 500.

Regarding game prices, they are indeed ridiculously expensive, but with gamepass, I get to always have something interesting to play for a cheap monthly sub.

The only downsides so far, is not having a good 4k tv capable of taking advantage of features like hdr and 120fps, and the occasional bug with the controller.

Gargaune

Magister
Regarding game prices, they are indeed ridiculously expensive, but with gamepass, I get to always have something interesting to play for a cheap monthly sub.
And that's the latest scam, the industry's been clawing for a subscription model for ages and they'll raise prices as they consolidate market shares. A constant, reliable cashflow riding on the back of a few good titles amortizing an endless stream of hopeless rubbish, just like on TV, rather than individual products succeeding or failing à la carte, and diluting lemons in the larger distributor operation instead of the publisher's. Sure, TV shows also bomb, but the environment is more friendly to failure and mediocrity thrives. Funnily enough, I have TV as part of my internet subscription and I never watch it.

DraQ

Arcane
This engine update is so big, and with the power of XBOX, Starfield will allow 16 times the detail ~Todd

Who else is tired of this shit?
TardTranslation:
We are so incompetent at software development that we somehow made something so monumentally fucky and inefficient that even we have managed to make it 16x better given enough time.
Better now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom