Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Bliblablubb

Arcane

If I ever play this game again in a year or so, I need that mod replacing AltF4 Cuntingham with Sasquatch. Daaaayum Johnny, you pick them... thicc? :hahano:

blachan

Novice
If they mod in an option to hide undiscovered map markers I could try replaying it and finishing it this time.
The game is not designed with organic exploration in mind, there's only like two quests that start with you talking to an NPC in the street, all the others are calls. No markers would virtually make no difference
lost opportunity given that the city looks so nice

Quillon

Arcane
just came across this

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Jackie_Welles
If Jackie's body was send to his family or if Delamain was told to wait for V:

Mama Welles called V and mentioned his family and friends were conducting a traditional ofrenda to mourn his loss. Guests include Viktor Vektor, Padre, several Valentinos, and Misty if V insists that she should attend in spite of Jackie's mother's opinion. V can choose to speak at the ofrenda. When the ceremony concludes, Jackie's mother presents V with the key to Jackie's beloved ARCH motorcycle as a parting gift. After The Heist you can find Jackie interred in the Columbarium in the south part of North Oak. The epitaph on his tomb reads: "Good night, sweet prince."[3]
If Jackie's body was send to Viktor:

Although the Jackie's body was delivered to Viktor Vektor, it was intercepted by Arasaka. Takemura revealed later to V that Arasaka used Soulkiller to find out more about the heist. Few engrams are met to learn more about the Relic's true nature. However when Jackie's engram appears to V in Mikoshi, they admit that it's nothing but data pretending to be human.
If V accepted Johnny's mission, V will free Jackie's engram and let it fuse with the image of Alt Cunningham to become an even more powerful AI.[4]

do you guys think its good narrative design for such a seemingly unimportant choice to have wildly different outcomes? that player has no idea about in the second case in this instance? I mean it should be good to have different outcomes but the "gotcha" dialog choices before jackie's demise already rubbed me the wrong way then this fucking shit that I've just found about that instead of a sobby funeral jackie could'a been in the main narrative down the road... annoying af

Tyrr

Liturgist
just came across this

Mama Welles called V and mentioned his family and friends were conducting a traditional ofrenda to mourn his loss. Guests include Viktor Vektor, Padre, several Valentinos, and Misty if V insists that she should attend in spite of Jackie's mother's opinion. V can choose to speak at the ofrenda. When the ceremony concludes, Jackie's mother presents V with the key to Jackie's beloved ARCH motorcycle as a parting gift. After The Heist you can find Jackie interred in the Columbarium in the south part of North Oak. The epitaph on his tomb reads: "Good night, sweet prince."[3]

Although the Jackie's body was delivered to Viktor Vektor, it was intercepted by Arasaka. Takemura revealed later to V that Arasaka used Soulkiller to find out more about the heist. Few engrams are met to learn more about the Relic's true nature. However when Jackie's engram appears to V in Mikoshi, they admit that it's nothing but data pretending to be human.
If V accepted Johnny's mission, V will free Jackie's engram and let it fuse with the image of Alt Cunningham to become an even more powerful AI.[4]

do you guys think its good narrative design for such a seemingly unimportant choice to have wildly different outcomes? that player has no idea about in the second case in this instance? I mean it should be good to have different outcomes but the "gotcha" dialog choices before jackie's demise already rubbed me the wrong way then this fucking shit that I've just found about that instead of a sobby funeral jackie could'a been in the main narrative down the road... annoying af
Reminds me of this.
lTS1xXK.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
Reminds me of this.
No, this was intentional. Disney wants to sell more books, comics, SW:BF2017 skins and more and more along with the movies because they sank too much money into the franchise already and these money never coming back since each movie returns less money due to budget overbloat.
What. Code bloating makes programs stronger? If so, then Javascript codemonkeys should be the most powerful wizards, yet it doesn't happen. Are we sure the script is not written by a girl or Adam Badowski itself or any other humanitarian at the studio in exchange for a rice bowl paid by their current chinese overlords?

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Ideally you'd want a mix of obvious, deliberate choices and obscure ones, with unexpected ramifications. Like in DX, for example, telling Reyes to either skedaddle or stay on as a spy pays some significant dividends much later on. But it does seem like CDPR might've leaned a little too hard into the "butterfly effect" sort of player agency, and that's where they built player agency to begin with.

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Ideally you'd want a mix of obvious, deliberate choices and obscure ones, with unexpected ramifications. Like in DX, for example, telling Reyes to either skedaddle or stay on as a spy pays some significant dividends much later on. But it does seem like CDPR might've leaned a little too hard into the "butterfly effect" sort of player agency, and that's where they built player agency to begin with.
They didn't really "lean into" it. They were all in on it since their first game. One would think that with foreknowledge of having played through the game you could make the right choice leading to a desired outcome, but in the Witcher games reality would seemingly alter itself to have your choice give a "bad' result, regardless of which one you make.

Wesp5

Arcane
do you guys think its good narrative design for such a seemingly unimportant choice to have wildly different outcomes?

No, because nobody could have guessed that. Also it would mean to replay basically the whole game just to see the changes!

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Look at this fucking retard. Nope, the AI isn't bad because it isn't 360 no scope headshotting you through the wall. It's bad because it doesn't behave realistically at all. People are not braindead, unlike the enemies in Cyberpunk 2077. Or maybe everyone being a braindead retard seems realistic to these idiots because they are drawing experience from the CDP office. Makes you think.

Gargaune

Magister
Nope, the AI isn't bad because it isn't 360 no scope headshotting you through the wall. It's bad because it doesn't behave realistically at all.
Yeah, I don't think combat performance is what most people were ragging on the AI for... Which is concerning, 'cause that means either these guys were deliberately arguing against a strawman, or they're just not in the loop with their own feedback.

Reminds of this one time I was walking down the street and some Tyger Claws decided they didn't like my baggy coat that made me look bigger than I really was. They started shooting at me and I kited them towards the nearby police patrol only to realise they were there for decor. But the instant I started firing back, guess who turned into Dirty Harry?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
just came across this

I felt ripped off that my decision to have Viktor the ripper deal with Jackie's bloody corpse rather than deposit it at his mother's home resulted in its interception by Arasaka and only a passing appearance of his engram at the end (in the Arasaka route), whereas I would have experienced extensive character interactions with either of the other two options. Though the differences are cosmetic either way. :M

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Look at this fucking retard. Nope, the AI isn't bad because it isn't 360 no scope headshotting you through the wall. It's bad because it doesn't behave realistically at all. People are not braindead, unlike the enemies in Cyberpunk 2077. Or maybe everyone being a braindead retard seems realistic to these idiots because they are drawing experience from the CDP office. Makes you think.

Sounds like if they could, but they won't because of all the plebs playing since they wouldn't be able to handle it and have their mind shattered - release the coolest AI ever, except well, it would cheat because that is the only way apparently.

typical user

Arbiter

They made it like this so braindead Badowski would have fun and not force them to scrap their entire work because he found it too difficult and wanted the same complexity because he played RDR2 last weekend.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
let's hope this game will be halfway decent a year from now
It's close to 8 months since the game came out.

In that time, other than "fixing" performance issues and smoothing out the most glaring and gamebreaking bugs, CDPR has done nothing to improve the game, none of the supposed placeholder systems have been swapped for their planned counterparts, no cut content has been reimplemented, no free DLC has been released, no paid DLC has been announced.

We all know they've just given up on the game and are pretending to be patching it until most people stop caring, so they can announce they're dropping support without suffering widespread criticism.

Rafidur

Learned
Trying to guess the context. "My autistic brother..." reddit post? Games journalist? Streamer playing with donkey kong bongos?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom