Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Betrayer (17th century FPS from Ex-Monolith devs)

TedNugent

Arcane
This makes me butthurt and sad.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is dis game gud
The more I think about it, the more I think Sir, You Are Being Hunted is better, at least in gameplay. It's the same open fields with little cover, but with better AI and far superior stealth mechanics. Betrayer is more running around popping moles (with inferior shooting gameplay) and clicking on chests. Betrayer has a major edge in atmosphere, plus you get to read a (good?) story from some dood's torn up diaries that has no apparent relation to what you're doing but might pay off later. Choose wisely.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Do any of you use an AMD GPU, and if so, have you fixed the weird glitchy shimmer on objects that you can interact with? I'm positive it isn't an intended effect, despite any highlighting the game might do for such objects.

Deathsquid

Learned
Is dis game gud
The more I think about it, the more I think Sir, You Are Being Hunted is better, at least in gameplay. It's the same open fields with little cover, but with better AI and far superior stealth mechanics. Betrayer is more running around popping moles (with inferior shooting gameplay) and clicking on chests. Betrayer has a major edge in atmosphere, plus you get to read a (good?) story from some dood's torn up diaries that has no apparent relation to what you're doing but might pay off later. Choose wisely.
How IS that game, anyway? I found it an interesting concept but then it also felt somehow, I dunno, too "quirky"? Any reason to put it on a (massive) backlog, or just skip?

Do any of you use an AMD GPU
Why tho
and if so, have you fixed the weird glitchy shimmer on objects that you can interact with? I'm positive it isn't an intended effect, despite any highlighting the game might do for such objects.
I actually think that bug has been there on NVIDIA as well at one point. IIRC the game was built on CryEngine, and that engine, while not fucking Unity, has a fuckton of bugs. Sorry, not really helping you out, I know.

It's a real shame that this game never got more attention, and that what attention it got from the "press" was largely negative. It's a great little game whose only sin is repetitiveness.

Not surprised it's having legal issues though, the devs have been completely MIA almost since the moment it launched.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Now that's just freaking sad.

Not surprised it's having legal issues though, the devs have been completely MIA almost since the moment it launched.

Not really true, the game got a modest content update some time after release.

index.php

Arcane
https://af.gog.com/en/news/release_betrayer_available_to_play_for_free?as=1649904300

Release: Betrayer available to play for FREE

Bet you didn’t expect this news, but here we are – Betrayer is now available on GOG for FREE, as we continuously work on making games last forever!

Betrayer
is an atmospheric first-person horror adventure set in the New World during the early 17th century. You’ll step into the year 1604, having set sail from England with the expectation of joining a struggling colony on the Virginia coast. Instead of a thriving community though, you’ll be greeted by an eerie silence and mysteries; wondering what calamity befell this land, robbing it of vibrancy and life. Through the careful gathering of clues, your quest will be to reconstruct the narrative of this ill-fated settlement and uncover a way to restore order.

Check it out now, for FREE on GOG!

We'd also like to take a moment for a big thank you to Tyler, also known as tfishell – one of our fellow gaming enthusiasts, who helped us bring this gem to our catalog. We couldn't have asked for a more passionate and awesome community. Let's keep making games last forever, together.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Do any of you use an AMD GPU, and if so, have you fixed the weird glitchy shimmer on objects that you can interact with? I'm positive it isn't an intended effect, despite any highlighting the game might do for such objects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom