Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

mastroego

Arcane
Killed all the gorgon's simps and now it's time to kill the whore herself.
i7JFoit.jpg
rating_citation.png

HansDampf

Arcane
Indeed, the software renderer looks better than the hardware with software sector light mode on. (Though there may be some discrepancies between my sreenshots and GZDoom's software mode as I currently don't have a working graphics card and had to use ZDoom.)

Hardware with software sector light:

wfpVUKy.jpg

Software:

uw9pnP7.png

Hardware with software sector light:

an0XcIb.jpg

Software:

tuqlwMW.png
You can also set the Tonemap to "Palette" which emulates the original color palette (I think). That seems to be the main difference here.

This is with Hardware mode, Software sector lightmode, and Tonmap: Palette.
UJQs7El.jpg

FtAIY8L.jpg

There may be more subtle differences due to my gamma settings and stuff. I always run Hardware mode because I'm an anti-alias whore.

schru

Arcane
Yes, that looks better and might be the optimal solution for ‘Sigil’, since it'll have a fully 3-D projection and Romero meant it to be played in the source port anyway.

ferratilis

Magister
In GZDoom, I also make sure to disable rocket trails, set transparency to 'classic', Lost Souls translucency to 1.00, and decals to 0 because classic Doom didn't have any of these. Also in hardware options, fuzz style set to 'software' is the closest to how spectres looked in vanilla. My sprite clipping is set to 'smarter' and rendering quality to 'quality' but it mostly feels like placebo. Maybe it depends on the wad.

schru

Arcane
There's also the setting to stretch short skies (which affects all original skies) that's on by default, or at least used to be, as I think there was a kind of skybox in the newer versions of GZDoom?

The compatibility options also affect major things like the way monsters become active and move, so the strict setting should be used for the original games.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Terror from the Deep strikes the Maldives at night. I guess I should have researched Gauss tech instead of Med Kits and Sensors, 'cause the Harpoons didn't seem to affect the Calcinites.
M4wZaqd.png

But at least we got a souvenir.
okmYUab.png

ferratilis

Magister
Enhanced Plus Edition :D

I could swear it was called Definitive Edition some months ago. Even Owlcat doesn't know what to call it anymore. But it feels very responsive and loads fast. Might be because I'm at the beginning and the inventory is not overloaded with useless items. We'll see later.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

I could swear it was called Definitive Edition some months ago. Even Owlcat doesn't know what to call it anymore. But it feels very responsive and loads fast. Might be because I'm at the beginning and the inventory is not overloaded with useless items. We'll see later.

They still haven't fixed the pathfinding. Holy shit. My party gets stuck on simple area transitions more often than not.
e: The SOUND in this is something else however. Those are some great innawoods effects.

Last edited:

Psquit

Arcane
2GPZH35.jpg

Redneck Rampage: The south will rise again!
kdg1wEb.jpg
yBQtXwb.jpg
SlYZfAQ.jpg
eB9y2Nv.jpg
KQwHU9f.jpg
y8L15k6.jpeg
52XvbXq.jpg
D6Wxedu.jpg
hou1rfx.jpg
gmhyEEF.jpg
G2k1sgM.jpg
MyThv7w.jpg
b7jkpGi.jpg
4lXHTbG.jpg
k4PPEK2.jpg
cZneEnO.jpg
DMkvd5j.jpg
R3KYGSj.jpg
tbN1ckU.jpg
11YEmaD.jpg

U9UGt0W.jpg
Og9Vr5a.jpg

7/10, it's not a bad game. If you want that nostalgia Gun Survivor feel, this is your game. As a Resident evil game... yeah.

What's next? here's a clue.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Edgy Resident Evil is so gay. All that redneck stuff felt like Texas Chainsaw Massacre done much more embarrassingly.

Psquit

Arcane
Resident Evil always had a certain edginess, but all that redneck crap felt out of place.

tMc4U8K.jpg

Van Helsing: Featuring Chris from the Resident Evil Series.

1yLDxao.jpg
WgelLHf.jpg

PJcuzag.jpg

I like the ambush sequence, clearly RE 4 inspired but not as revolutionary by today's standards.

oBh9kSQ.jpg

The five main bosses I think.

ksBazti.jpg

Mother Miranda = Lord Osmund Saddler. A lot feels like RE 4 like: The giant castle, the dungeons, and the secluded village with its own religion.

5kHyuax.jpg
2IPdgJ0.jpg
UnFqFG2.jpg
rfcaop9.jpg

4 hours in and its already better than RE7. The first hour is a slog (story but you can skip the cutscenes this time). Probably will finish it when I beat Wolfenstein 2009.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

They still haven't fixed the pathfinding.

Ironic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom