Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Hardsuit were a bunch of clowns who didn't know what they were doing.

I can almost picture the endless meetings discussing real world political easter-eggs they could litter in their unfinished concept game whilst shovelling publisher money into a fire to offer employee's free craft beers from a local immigrant brewery or a salad bar Tuesday.

Time to go back to their barista jobs at Starbucks - they had a good run playing pretend as developers.

Pathetic.

(That trailer they released that looked like something a 14 year old would slap together in Gmod still makes me laugh)

Semiurge

Cipher
4bca6fb9710f4fd12d7914c32e1061b69b98d534.gifv

866606fad013d37f3ce50e7f349e31296c13fba3.gifv

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
With the advent of sparkly Hollywood teenvamps and subsequently women infesting and taking over the internet a few years after the release of VtMB, any hope for a proper sequel was lost long ago. What was the last piece of popular media that featured dangerous, cool and sexy vampires? Blade Trinity?
I hope everyone knows that no matter who picks this up it will be utter dogshit. Best to reminisce over the past. Let's pay Wesp to remake VtMB from scratch (throw in some extra for therapy as he seems to genuinely like CP2077, huge problem).

Semiurge

Cipher
What was the last piece of popular media that featured dangerous, cool and sexy vampires?

True Blood? It was very woke, but also edgy. The plot twist of a politician suggesting that every human should have a personal vampire "guardian" that was supposed to keep the human safe from "rapist" vamps and who would be paid with blood tickled my funnybone.

Last edited:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
With the advent of sparkly Hollywood teenvamps and subsequently women infesting and taking over the internet a few years after the release of VtMB, any hope for a proper sequel was lost long ago. What was the last piece of popular media that featured dangerous, cool and sexy vampires? Blade Trinity?
I hope everyone knows that no matter who picks this up it will be utter dogshit. Best to reminisce over the past. Let's pay Wesp to remake VtMB from scratch (throw in some extra for therapy as he seems to genuinely like CP2077, huge problem).

Interview with a vampire is the only good vampire media ever produced, due to Tom Cruise and kristen dunst acting

Caim

Arcane
absolutely NOTHING about the studio working on bloodlines 2 and absolutely NOTHING about Swansong... why the fuck did PDX even buy this franchise?
To try and make big money, but the one-two of nearly causing an international incident with Chechyna (and through extent Russia) and the game not coming out any time soon, they won't be making back their money any time soon.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Bloodlines, sadly enough. :lol:

Wouldn't even come close to qualifying as popular media, unfortunately.

True Blood? It was very woke, but also edgy. The plot twist of a political player suggesting that every human should have a personal vampire "guardian" that was supposed to keep the human safe from "rapist" vamps and who is paid with blood tickled my funnybone.

... I'll admit that irritatingly gay abomination of a series did have some ok elements. But they were too few and far between for it to count. On the occasions when they took a break from advertising faggotry or hating on smalltown America and focused on human-vampire politics/history it was decent.

Interview with a vampire is the only good vampire media ever produced, due to Tom Cruise and kristen dunst acting

Too gay.

Semiurge

Cipher
What was the last piece of popular media that featured dangerous, cool and sexy vampires? Blade Trinity?
First Underworld is cool, but every new movie in the series is worse than the previous one

First Underworld has a plot thinner than institution grade tp. Without a latex catsuit in it, who'd bother watching? It's got nothing on Blade II.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Michael Sheen makes a pretty good werewolf too. And Bill Nighy a great old vampire scenery chewer.

Hey and Kevin Grievoux, the writer, was great too with his deep growling werewolf.

Casting was good, mood was great, story was minimally competent which is rare for such films despite the meh ending, so all in all, a success IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom