Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I don't blame them for using the DLC model, myself. If that's what makes them money and keeps them developing the games, so be it. Its just that these DLCs are so... overpriced for the content they give. Paradox really needs to find a better model, or the only people able to enjoy their games in full will be pirates and the rich.

Problem is, Paradox is not selling you a game, they are selling you the technical pre-alpha of the game, and then they demand regular payments and many years to get the full version. It is a glorified early access model. A game you pay 60$ for should be finished at release, DLCs should only add content and expand the game, not be required to finance the finishing of the game.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
The only way to increase naval capacity is to spam anchorage in the starbases?
If you have species that has perk that increases limit on number of ships... You can get additional slots. Less minerals/alloys because your POP is doing something else, but it can be helpful. IIRC military positions also increases free naval slots a bit. Or you can bit the bullet and make ships until you get over 2x capacity. After that, you'd be likely in negatives.

zapotec

Liturgist
I stilll don't understand the advantages of syncretic evolution, you control two races but they don't grow simultaneously...

I stilll don't understand the advantages of syncretic evolution, you control two races but they don't grow simultaneously...
first and foremost: larping. also back in the day the *did* grow simultaneously. besides, if you're more keen on minmaxing you usually heavily specialize the two races, one for labour and the other for command.

zapotec

Liturgist
Hmm the more i play the game, the more i feel i am playing "job center simulator".
I have only 20 hours in the game, but for me it seems that focus of the game is moving these population between the various jobs.

I mean, why in a galaxy space-faring game i should care if planet X has 5 clerks instead of 6, no idea.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Well, you can specialize them for particular roles to min-max a bit.

Which is ridiculously useless. By that time you should be already snowballing.

What do you mean by "by that time"? You start with it, unless the game has changed since I last played.

My bad. I confused it with Xeno-compatibility.

Well, you can specialize them for particular roles to min-max a bit.

Which is ridiculously useless. By that time you should be already snowballing.

What do you mean by "by that time"? You start with it, unless the game has changed since I last played.

My bad. I confused it with Xeno-compatibility.

Oh. Yeah, that one is completely useless dogshit and exists for literally nothing beyond xenophile larping.

Ravielsk

Magister
I mean, why in a galaxy space-faring game i should care if planet X has 5 clerks instead of 6, no idea.

Because PDX needs to cover up the fact that most of the time there is literary nothing for you to do in the game. Besides endless micro of your own planets the game has no actual gameplay in peace time.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Hmm the more i play the game, the more i feel i am playing "job center simulator".
I have only 20 hours in the game, but for me it seems that focus of the game is moving these population between the various jobs.

The game is the typical Paradox studios garbage, they add useless micromanagement to cover up for the fact that there is no game apart from random events and map painting.

The irony is that at launch, they made some token attempts to reduce micromanagement, but quickly realised that:

1) Their fans didn't like the fact that there was nothing to do, and the game felt like on autopilot. Like all of Paradox games would feel if they had the same system implemented

2) Their system to reduce micromanagement wasn't good anyway. It was inefficient. Cause Paradox can't code AI for shit.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Because PDX needs to cover up the fact that most of the time there is literary nothing for you to do in the game. Besides endless micro of your own planets the game has no actual gameplay in peace time.
Well when you don't have million planets each with industry that can produce space ships, you probably quite a bit cares how well managed are 3 - 5 planets that DO have industry.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Well when you don't have million planets each with industry that can produce space ships, you probably quite a bit cares how well managed are 3 - 5 planets that DO have industry.

Yeah, well. A GRAND strategy (in spaaaace!) game should focus on "millions" of planets rather than 3-5 of them.

Silva

Arcane
How Stellaris peacetime stack against, say, CK2 or Imperator 2.0 or Vic2 ? Is there some meat in it that's fun to engage for someone who plays these games for the peacetime and don't care about map painting?

Also, are there mods that replace the furry races with human ones? Like a Dune mod or shit like that?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
How Stellaris peacetime stack against, say, CK2 or Imperator 2.0 or Vic2 ? Is there some meat in it that's fun to engage for someone who plays these games for the peacetime and don't care about map painting?

Also, are there mods that replace the furry races with human ones? Like a Dune mod or shit like that?
There are specific peacetime builds you can play, but I've had very limited success with them.

I do however believe it is possible, it's just much easier playing an Empire. Thanks to the influence mana.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom