Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

So after all the work I did running errands for Berserkers and even making some decisions I didn't want to make just to stick to their Law I ended up having to bribe Ragnar with 2000 moneyz to be allowed to join. Damn hippie faggots. So I killed one of them who attacked me first and gave few of them diarrhea by giving them moldy bread, big deal. Also I supposedly failed Angrims test by picking up a weapon he told me to pick up. But then I didn't see any other option to progress that quest. I saw that I would be breaking the law by following his orders, but game wouldn't give me any dialogue choice when I returned to him without picking that up. Was there some hidden way to solve that?

Codex Year of the Donut
So after all the work I did running errands for Berserkers and even making some decisions I didn't want to make just to stick to their Law I ended up having to bribe Ragnar with 2000 moneyz to be allowed to join. Damn hippie faggots. So I killed one of them who attacked me first and gave few of them diarrhea by giving them moldy bread, big deal. Also I supposedly failed Angrims test by picking up a weapon he told me to pick up. But then I didn't see any other option to progress that quest. I saw that I would be breaking the law by following his orders, but game wouldn't give me any dialogue choice when I returned to him without picking that up. Was there some hidden way to solve that?
you actually fell for the elex meme

Faarbaute

Arbiter
One of the things I liked most about the story and especially the factions in Elex, was that you rarely felt lectured to by the developers. For example, the berserkers beeing anti technology never comes across as the developers lecturing you about the dangers of technology.

It was just this faction that had this idea. You are not forced to agree with this.

It would have been very easy to ruin each faction by presenting them and their ideas slightly diffrent.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
One of the things I liked most about the story and especially the factions in Elex, was that you rarely felt lectured to by the developers. For example, the berserkers beeing anti technology never comes across as the developers lecturing you about the dangers of technology.

It was just this faction that had this idea. You are not forced to agree with this.

It would have been very easy to ruin each faction by presenting them and their ideas slightly diffrent.

All the factions are nice in one way, assholeish in another. I'm still not sure whether that's a good design decision or not, to have that balance. It's what made me stop playing the game by about lvl 20 - I just didn't like any of them and I was paralyzed by having to decide between three assholes.

Having gotten to the stage where my 2nd tier weapons without faction were already trivializing the general monsterage, my interest in the game suddenly dropped off a cliff. It's like, the more I was stuck dithering, the more the glamour of the game faded and the sameyness of the clutter became more salient (same thing happens with me with Bethesda games - I've never finished a Bethesda MQ because I get into pottering about, but the more I potter about the more the Potemkin village nature of the game becomes apparent, so I lose interest).

Shame, I'd loved it to bits up to that point, I was really solidly and happily living in the illusion of the the game's nicely-constructed virtual world for a week or so, and it was glorious.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
LOL. So, you were send by a tech burning faction to pick laser rifle. By one of the most ANTI-LASER TECH person in the town. Isn't the most logical thing to... ?
Also why did you think they would be happy with you giving someone diarrhea?
Or murdering someone who attacked you first?

LOL. So, you were send by a tech burning faction to pick laser rifle. By one of the most ANTI-LASER TECH person in the town. Isn't the most logical thing to... ?

Most logical thing to.. what? What is the way to progress the quest other than picking it up? Don't tell me it's to return to him without doing it because that did nothing.
I'm not even gonna bother with the part where you took my joke seriously.

ADL

Prophet
Where's the ELEX 2 leaks? I remember you promising them a long time ago.
Didn't they acquire the rights to Gothic almost immediately after releasing ELEX in 2017? Wouldn't be surprised if we get a Gothic 5 from them before another ELEX game.

I'm still hoping they remember they actually managed to come up with fun melee combat in Risen 1 and try to do it again. I am enjoying Elex enough to be doing a second run but damn the combat is fucking atrocious.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
How can I recognize which part of that paragraph was joke, when it was one big monolithic paragraph?

Didn't they acquire the rights to Gothic almost immediately after releasing ELEX in 2017? Wouldn't be surprised if we get a Gothic 5 from them before another ELEX game.
I would, given that it has basically been confirmed multiple times that they spent the last 3 years or so working on ELEX 2.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I would, given that it has basically been confirmed multiple times that they spent the last 3 years or so working on ELEX 2.
They probably would finish the story in ELEX 2, then do Gothic 5.

Codex Year of the Donut
Most logical thing to.. what? What is the way to progress the quest other than picking it up? Don't tell me it's to return to him without doing it because that did nothing.
You failed the test the moment you didn't question the order to go collect it. It has been a while since I played, but yes, there are two possible outcomes in that quest and you messed up.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Gothic 4. The series ended with 3. I insist.

That's probably because primitivism is possibly the most retarded of ideologies and such beliefs would be really hard to justify.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

They are probably obliged to use number 5 or higher to prevent confusion.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I doubt it. After all, they did all they could to remove Arcania from the Gothic canon.

I think they will just reboot the entire franchise, starting with the first game's remake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom