Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Smerlus

Educated
I have that game ending bug where I wasn't able to talk to the one guy at the end of the one mission and the quest says go back to his office and chat with him.

When I get there he's just pacing back and forth without being able to interact with him.

I dont see that on the list so it's probably still fucked.

Jinn

Arcane
I have that game ending bug where I wasn't able to talk to the one guy at the end of the one mission and the quest says go back to his office and chat with him.

When I get there he's just pacing back and forth without being able to interact with him.

Haha, yeah, that's the same bug I had when I "completed" the game in 2018. They haven't fixed a thing.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Haha, yeah, that's the same bug I had when I "completed" the game in 2018. They haven't fixed a thing.

They did not reach that point in the game. The wonders of Russian game development.

Codex Year of the Donut
Just five more years and it will be ready to play
s420.gif

Zariusz

Arbiter
Did they added new content since premiere? Like more armor, quests and areas to explore, in my first and only playthrough only south, west and east of station had areas to explore and north was empty.

Smerlus

Educated
They just started asking for saves with that Captain Reibel bug. I'm not sure what they plan on doing with them but hopefully they will fix it. It was a decent janky game.

Smerlus

Educated
Holy shit. They fixed my save.

If you have the bug where you can't interact with captain Riebel in the vultures nest you can email your save file to jane@herocraft.com and they will fix it for you in a couple days.

They one side quest is stilled fucked but I might be able to finish the game now.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I bought this when it came out, but I couldn't play it because I refused to play a game where I couldn't rebind the keys and these recent posts aren't filling me with confidence. Is this thing playable yet?

Smerlus

Educated
In May of 2020 they came out with their last patch. It didn't address the issue I ran into so I would say it isn't entirely clear to playthrough.

You could be lucky and dodge that bug. I dont know how many other ones you'd run into though.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In May of 2020 they came out with their last patch. It didn't address the issue I ran into so I would say it isn't entirely clear to playthrough.

You could be lucky and dodge that bug. I dont know how many other ones you'd run into though.

Do you remember the bug and if it seemed avoidable by some players' actions?

Smerlus

Educated
There's a map where a mission takes place and afterwards there's some of your leaders standing by. The quest markers don't say you have to talk to them but if you don't talk to the Captain Reibel character and leave the map, then he doesn't acknowledge you after that. He is supposed to give you the next quest after that.

Sorry I dont remember the exact name of the mission.

PirateScum

Augur
Has this game been fixed? Is it finally playable and possible to finish?

Not really fixed, since the current two or three guys still working on patches take super long for every new patch and out of 10 things they fix, 3 new issues will be introduced as well.

That being said, I finished this earlier this year. The things you should consider while playing:
1. Much saving in different slots
2. Talk to Riebel twice... every time, just to be sure he doesn't have anything new to say.
3. Take a look at this walkthrough, which explains how to not screw up the quests "Bane of Mills" and "What is the Price of Freedom". These are the notorious quests which might lock progress. Happened to me two years ago, but it worked like a (paranoia-induced) charm with the walkthrough:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QnC5b2HU45uYzYvq5NW9LNuHefY8AKcv/view
4. Savour the atmosphere while it lasts!

LSkKrnr.jpg

iwpPOnx.jpg

z1DH0oL.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
According to some Russians on Steam forums there is only one person working on "fixing" the game.

This game is one big tragedy.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Doesn't seem like this one is going to make it to the level of polish where I could be bothered with it; basically another Ultima Ascendant. :(

Okay, maybe not that bad...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Jinn

Arcane
It is not that bad,don't be melodramatic.

I guess my melodrama is balanced out by your extreme positive bias. The game has a bug preventing people from finishing it STILL. It's not an overstatement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom