Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LabRat

Learned
Druids being my favoured class I am mildly disappointed, I understand limiting scope but these are core classes we are missing. Is there mod support?
There are some interesting subclasses in the TCE rulebook. such as Circle of the Stars Druid and Genie Patron Warlock. If you want to being a Celtic druid, Circle of the Stars is a good choose.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Lissun niggaz.

This game isn't supposed to be the BIG SLAMDUNK that Feargus uses as fantastical inspiration to reach peak orgasm when banging his wife at night. This is the "humble first entry." This is the game that turns heads and makes you go, "well what do we have here?" This is the modest one, the first of what could be many. So I don't expect there to be an insane variety of classes or kits. You may say, "but what of Kingmaker? What of the Owlcat?" Lissun nigga, Owlcat were being held at gunpoint by the mofukkin Bratva to deliver. Solasta devs? Look at 'em, they spend 6 hours waiting for their cats to hit a pose before signing off on a new blog update.

So basically, uh, yeah, stop being little annoying Asian grannies harping on about shit like "Lao, where are Druid? Lao, why no Barbarian?" That'll come when you do your GOD GIVEN duty as a member of this accursed garbage hobby called RPGaming, buy this bitch ass game knowing half our funds are going to fancy feasts and litterbox sand, and then wait for the INCLINE sequel to come and fuck us bloody with a prestigious set of balls you just can't wait to suck on.

I'm outta marlboros.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lao, why no Barbarian?" That'll come when you do your GOD GIVEN duty as a member of this accursed garbage hobby called RPGaming, buy this bitch ass game
I backed this game you glorified double table. And if there are no barbarians I will feed your offspring to their cats. Or the other way around, whichever is more painful.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
When I advocated for sorcerers on Solasta, I was ignorant about how Sorcerer class works on 5E. Now I wanna a Druid and a Barbarian. To be fair, Greenmage can be seem as a Wizard/Druid hybrid. With some "divine" spells but no shapeshift.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahh it is a shame that it is not 6 party and it doesn't have set passive chacks. Rolling for non combat shit is really annoying in d&d and it doesn't make sense.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lissun niggaz.

This game isn't supposed to be the BIG SLAMDUNK that Feargus uses as fantastical inspiration to reach peak orgasm when banging his wife at night. This is the "humble first entry." This is the game that turns heads and makes you go, "well what do we have here?" This is the modest one, the first of what could be many. So I don't expect there to be an insane variety of classes or kits. You may say, "but what of Kingmaker? What of the Owlcat?" Lissun nigga, Owlcat were being held at gunpoint by the mofukkin Bratva to deliver. Solasta devs? Look at 'em, they spend 6 hours waiting for their cats to hit a pose before signing off on a new blog update.

So basically, uh, yeah, stop being little annoying Asian grannies harping on about shit like "Lao, where are Druid? Lao, why no Barbarian?" That'll come when you do your GOD GIVEN duty as a member of this accursed garbage hobby called RPGaming, buy this bitch ass game knowing half our funds are going to fancy feasts and litterbox sand, and then wait for the INCLINE sequel to come and fuck us bloody with a prestigious set of balls you just can't wait to suck on.

I'm outta marlboros.

You make a good sales agent, amphetamine addicted arachnid.
I'll give this another shot.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
how Sorcerer class works on 5E
how does it work ? Also how the wiz work ?

Has a monopoly on metamagic and extremely limited spell selection. But Solasta did a amazing job with sub classes. I an curious about what they will do with sorc. Wizards in other hands, are like PF1E arcanists. Prepare spells like prepared casters and cast like spontaneous casters, but has no metamagic. A funny video showing sorc on 5E.

Barbarian rage power in other hands, is completely different on 5E
dnd5e - rage said:
  • You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
  • When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
  • You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/barbarian
Barbarians on 5E also get a lot of other stuff like unarmored defense, relentless rage and etc. Sadly no decapitations. 5E hates OHK stuff.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
how Sorcerer class works on 5E

Has a monopoly on metamagic and extremely limited spell selection. But Solasta did a amazing job with sub classes. I an curious about what they will do with sorc. Wizards in other hands, are like PF1E arcanists. Prepare spells like prepared casters and cast like spontaneous casters, but has no metamagic. A funny video showing sorc on 5E.

Barbarian rage power in other hands, is completely different on 5E
dnd5e - rage said:
  • You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
  • When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
  • You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/barbarian
Barbarians on 5E also get a lot of other stuff like unarmored defense, relentless rage and etc. Sadly no decapitations. 5E hates OHK stuff.

Are wiz still like in older iteration where they could learn all the spells from scrolls ?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are wiz still like in older iteration where they could learn all the spells from scrolls ?

Yes. On Solasta, you can literally inscribe on your spellbook. You get spells from scrolls and from leveling up. Solasta gives a bit of scrolls, scrolls aren't scarce like on Dark Sun games(which makes sense then being scarce), nor plentiful like Baldur's Gate 1/2. However, your spellbook has "pages" and inscribing spells on it takes space on Solasta. I don't know if it is a 5E rule or not.

Reinhardt

Arcane
When I advocated for sorcerers on Solasta, I was ignorant about how Sorcerer class works on 5E. Now I wanna a Druid and a Barbarian. To be fair, Greenmage can be seem as a Wizard/Druid hybrid. With some "divine" spells but no shapeshift.
It's too late Meredoth, you're personally responsible for everything wrong in Solasta. We can even attribute all bugs and glitches to you because of the developers feeling demoralized about adding sorcerers instead of barbarians.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Yes. On Solasta, you can literally inscribe on your spellbook. You get spells from scrolls and from leveling up. Solasta gives a bit of scrolls, scrolls aren't scarce like on Dark Sun games(which makes sense then being scarce), nor plentiful like Baldur's Gate 1/2. However, your spellbook has "pages" and inscribing spells on it takes space on Solasta. I don't know if it is a 5E rule or not.

Yeah, inscribing scrolls is quite costly tho. 50 gold x spell level. The money is often the more limiting factor than the scrolls itself, since you can copy spells from spellbooks aswell as from scrolls. Kill a wizard and you can loot all his spells, but the cost could be in the thousands, which is as much as a plate armor.
Standard 5e rules is 2 spells per level up inscribed for free and as many from scrolls as you want if you get the money and books for it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok see you tomorrow morning.

Don't you fucking fuck fuckinf gfucklfuckdhgkahahahaHAAAAILLKILLYOUILLKILLYOUALLAHAHHAHAHA
thinking.png
Next morning then?

Larianshill

Arbiter

3uKJm0k.jpeg

They don't. Sorcerer has some of the fewest spell knowns in the entire system, and a tiny spell list too. Sorcerer's niche is supposedly blasting, but he doesn't excel in it. There ARE several tricks that sorcerer can do, but no one else can, and they all relate either to Quicken Spell, Subtle Spell or (most often) Twin Spell. When you do cool shit as Sorcerer, it doesn't feel like you did something cool, it feels like you exploited the system and did something the rules didn't really intend.
Or you can just twin spell Haste on your party. That works.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Getting those wall climbing boots makes killing spiders so much more satisfactory. Where you gonna run now you little freak? *laughs in sneak attacks*

LabRat

Learned
Divine Soul Sorcerer can be a good supporter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom