Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Biomutant roots its Release

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Biomutant; Experiment 101

Biomutant is now out on GOG and Steam. It's $59.99 on both sites. Though, if you get it on GOG, you also get a copy of Shadow Warrior 2 for free. Keep in mind, the reviews on Steam are currently Mixed, stating the combat is a little boring and the game is just kind of bland which I'm guessing has to do with the expectations versus the price. The character creation looks fairly interesting for this thing, with stats affecting how you look. I'm not sure I care much for the wheel slider for attributes, though. I don't know why Charisma is the opposite of Strength and how that balances out. Anyway, stuff:

BIOMUTANT® is an open-world, post-apocalyptic Kung-Fu fable RPG, with a unique martial arts styled combat system allowing you to mix melee, shooting and mutant ability action.

A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided. Explore a world in turmoil and define its fate – will you be its saviour or lead it to an even darker destiny?

I've watched a few plays of this game, and it really doesn't look bad or even bland. That said, there was a lot of hype around this thing and there's that full price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was slow motion?. If that's so then is a dealbreaker for me.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Meh! If bullet time, furries, and kung fu panda is your thing, then go for it. Maybe the mutation idea is a draw. Crafting, eh.....
I'll really have to watch vids on this if i can stomach the fur.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The setting kind of reminds me of some of the crazier shit from Gamma World, if anyone is old enough to remember that tabletop RPG. Of course, that's back when TSR and Gygax were around.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm sorry, even though I've only seen some videos on this game and haven't actually played it, there's no way it's like Gamma World.

Now ELEX. ELEX is like Gamma World.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'm sorry, even though I've only seen some videos on this game and haven't actually played it, there's no way it's like Gamma World.

There were a lot of crazy mutant things in Gamma World. I remember watching some guys at the old, old brick and mortar tabletop story back in the late 1980s playing Gamma World. I remember one guy was playing an intelligent cyborg badger. They were raiding some military base with crazy robot zombies looking for parts. It looked pretty wacky, but it could have just been the guy running things.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There were a lot of crazy mutant things in Gamma World. I remember watching some guys at the old, old brick and mortar tabletop story back in the late 1980s playing Gamma World. I remember one guy was playing an intelligent cyborg badger. They were raiding some military base with crazy robot zombies looking for parts. It looked pretty wacky, but it could have just been the guy running things.
That sounds perfectly in keeping with the generally gonzo, over-the-top nature of Gamma World, filled with wacky mutants, ruined technology centuries in advance of our own time, and plenty of robots.

gw-gw2.jpg

gw-acc-screen.jpg

gw-gw8.jpg

Artwork by Jim Holloway, Erol Otus, and Keith Parkinson

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Its probably close to Kung fu pa da, TMNT, mulan, mortal combat, and furcadia, Second Life, Elder Scrolls Online, Tera, Archeage, IMVU, World of warcraft, Wildstar, Final fantasy 11, final fantasy 14 and a smattering of a shooter. Supposedly influrnce from fallout 3-4-vegas, and thr much much loved ultimate awesomeness knoen as Outer Worlds.

Get yer yiff on and a furpile slumberparty of death.
qAfMPF1.jpg

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
And now they've fixed a bunch of stuff.

Patch notes 1.4: https://thqnordic.com/article/biomutant-patch-14-pc-and-consoles-released

So again it's time to visit the Omphtelbuff, to talk with the Humperlump about their important Quest to kill the Bramblebiff and liberate the Uklhabong.

(yeah... some parts of the setting are that awkward... )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom