Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lies of P - a Pinocchio-Inspired Souls-Like Game

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

lxetzUJ.jpg

4L4BMHF.jpg

HPQoMYA.jpg

kiXKTaH.jpg

steam_ending.gif

You wake up at an abandoned train station in Krat, a city overwhelmed by madness and bloodlust. In front of you lies a single note that reads:

"Find Mr. Geppetto. He's here in the city."

Play as Pinocchio, a puppet mechanoid, and fight through everything in your path to find this mystery person. But don't expect any help along the way and don't make the mistake of trusting anyone.

You must always lie to others if you hope to become human.

Inspired by the familiar story of Pinocchio, Lies of P is an action souls-like game set in a cruel, dark Belle Époque world.
All of humanity is lost in a once beautiful city that has now become a living hell filled with unspeakable horrors.
Lies of P offers an elegant world filled with tension, deep combat system and a gripping story.
Guide Pinocchio's and experience his unrelenting journey to become human.
A Dark Fairytale Retold
The timeless tale of Pinocchio has been reimagined with dark and striking visuals.Set in the fallen city of Krat, Pinnochio desperately fights to become human against all odds.
Visual Concept
The city of Krat was insipired by the Belle Époque Era in Europe (late 19th Century to the early 20th Century) and is the epitome of a collapsed city bereft of prosperity.
'Lying' Quests and Multiple Endings
Experience interconnected procedural quests that play out depending on how you lie. These choices will then affect how the story ends.
Weapon-Making System
You can combine weapons in a multitude of ways to create something new altogether. Research to find the best combinations and make something truly special.
Special Skill System
With Pinocchio being a doll, you can change parts of his body to gain new skills and hopefully an edge in battle. But not all of the enhancements are for fighting though, they can also provide several other unique and useful features.

This game seems to be made by Korean Devs and Publisher, so I figure the jRPG forum would be a better fit for this thread than general rpg forum... what do you guys think?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Everything about it looks ok except for the fucking name and concept lmao.

I can only imagine somebody in that company came up with the idea as a joke but everybody in the office took it seriously.

Jinn

Arcane
Intrigued, but can't say anything until actual gameplay footage is released. The setting and atmosphere has serious potential though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Too bad they followed the Bloodborne/DS3 trend of making everything look like plastic.

Visperas

Augur
The fact that it's a Korean team gives me hope. We all know how amazing Torubleshooters is, right?

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Always wary of trend-following devs who describe their own games as 'X-like', especially 'Souls-like'. It's fine and dandy to be inspired by another series in how you design your game, but advertising it in that manner and to that extent is meaningless fucking pandering and indicates a severe lack of confidence in what you built.

mogwaimon

Magister
I dunno, I'm getting a good feeling about this one. I feel like this could be a cult hit in the making and honestly I haven't had a lot of good feelings about upcoming games in a very long time. I'm not going to discount this one out of hand, least not until we see some proper gameplay footage.

fork

I would have called it "Nose of P".
Missed opportunity if you ask me.

Then again, it's going to be shit either way, so who cares about the title, right?

Visperas

Augur
Looks pretty good so far. I wonder if it'll have some movement abilities. Have we even seen a jump?

lightbane

Arcane
It's a strange combination of sheer dumb and some effort, it is impressive. I suppose the ubiquitous plastic-look that most games today have will fit for once.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Honestly, it looks pretty cool
Even visually, I appreciate the effort of trying something different instead of just copy-pasting gothic looking assets all over the map

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
:mca:
Lies of P OST Update
Original Soundtracks released on Official Lies of P Youtube

We just revealed two original soundtracks that you don't want to miss! Follow the melody and immerse yourself into the world of Krat as our Pinocchio.
Oblivion LOP LP ver.

Wings of Hypocrisy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom