Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Myzzrym

Tactical Adventures
Patron
Developer
Heyo folks!

Just dropping by after the 1.0 launch rush. Clarify a few things, so and so. First of all, thank you to all of you who left us warm wishes, know that we appreciate it! For the others, go f... just kidding, y'all have the right to criticize whatever you want. Even if we don't see eye to eye on some topics, eh that's life, we don't need to agree on everything. That said, let's go!

Discord Mods (Myzrym) really angry about other DnD settings.
Just got ban for posting DS lore, when asked why Dark sun CRPG game is so cool.

I did not ban you, I kicked you after warning you first to stop spamming and going off topic (there is a Tabletop channel for that...). Copy/Pasting wikipedia pages is pretty obnoxious on Discord, and you were so heated that you were constantly arguing with everyone about tiny little things. Like I said in the Kick message, feel free to come back after you cool your head. It's all good my man.

Like, motherfucker, the only reason to put that shit in is to appease the journo neonheads. They already got buttblasted by the reviewtards. Why add this degeneracy now?
:negative:
(just to be clear, this thing wasn't in the backer build)

Alright I feel like the pronoun thing is very controversial here. First, that choice was already there in the backer build - the only difference between that build and the release build is that we fixed more bugs. As to why we added it, it had always been in our todo list - it simply didn't get added before because we were working on other things, nothing more. There is no grand scheme as to hide things behind the curtain for a big reveal as if we were some BBEG at the end of a campaign.

Now, as for our stance on the matter, it's fairly simple: We believe trans people have as much right to exist as any other person, so we added that option in. It literally doesn't change anything about the game, the story remains the same, the gameplay remains the same, the NPCs behavior don't change, so yea apologies if some of you get triggered by that - you can just choose to ignore it. The issue has never been a political one here (we're not americans), and it's not like we force you to use the "They" pronoun.

Anyway, if that doesn't align with your vision of the world eh that's cool too - like I said, we don't need to agree on everything. I'm not here to try to convince you, just giving you our side of the coin. I'm sure there are enough games out there for you to enjoy.

This Myzzrym goes to all of the trouble of generating goodwill towards the game and the developers and then his boss decides to hire some token black "trans" chick to be their "Diversity and Inclusion Officer" with the pre-order money. What. The. Fuck.

Lol good one, that made me laugh x) We don't need to do diversity hires, in the 17 of us here are pretty diverse already! You can find a picture of the team on the website. If anything I'm sure we'd love more programmers :p

And just like that, Myzzrym was never seen/heard from again on RPG Codex.

Listen Myzzrym, I never liked the cut of your game from way back in the demo. Wasting money on voice acting, going with the shittiest ruleset next to 4E, cinematic kill cams, a UI that makes a cemetery seem full of life, needless genocide of spiders. You were riding on bad faith with me right from the very start. Then you did something I really didn't like: you responded and told me my views on the UI were misguided and I was wrong. First off, my momma told me I'm always right. You calling my momma a liar? Last guy that did that forgot everything he learned from elementary school.

But then I saw your dev updates, I saw the cat pictures. Now you may have fooled some people with this "oh it's cute and whimsical" shit, but I know what it really was. It was an encroaching fog of destruction. You see I've been single since late 2016 and I know what sort of creatures love cat pictures and they all have one thing in common: incurable head trauma. I wanted to think it wasn't true, maybe you're just some nice guy dad that when not game developing or reading RA Salvatore you're constructing railroads for your model train hobby. Maybe after a nice square meal your highschool sweetheart of 20 years cooked up you go to your basement, make the mini locomotives go in circles with a conductor hat on and find artistic inspiration in it all.

Release day comes. I've not touched this game, saving myself like it's prom night, I go on Codex and expect to see discussion. I see a pronoun screen, I see you Myzzrym on the Steam forums defending this shit by saying a transsexual is a valid person too (lie), and worst of all I'm getting all this information from Jenkem. JENKEM. Of all the fucking posters, I am getting this unloading from the guy that plays games where furry raccoons have sex with their furry raccoon mothers. Do you know how humiliating that is from a pointless Internet feud standpoint?

And worst of all, you're gone. You'll never return. You got everyone all excited, then at the stroke of midnight you unleashed the payload. This is exactly what Happy New Year 1999 did to my old IBM family computer. Everyone was enjoying the fireworks and then you came from behind and FUCKED them good.

So listen up Myzzrym you little bitch, you little, uh, uh, cocksucka, if you're half the they you think you are you'll come back here. You'll come here and get your self-esteem set back thirty years and you'll like it. Every day you skip town I swear to God I am going to Chinatown and buying a cat to eat AND I'm requesting to the Chinese lady to let me keep each head she cleaves off. Don't try me, motherfucker.

Man that's some top tier writing, 10/10 would get roasted again by Generic Giant Spider. But c'mon leave the cats out of it:argh:

And what's with Myzzrym response to the trans question? Just say "We wanted to be inclusive to trans people." and that's it. It's basic PR. No need to be combative about. I guess now that the company has people's money, it's ok to burn down bridges.

You know what? You're right, that'd have been better. Not much to add here.

-------------

Anyway, now that the game is out I'll drop by a bit more frequently like I did a year ago. And like I said we don't have to agree to chat here, it's cool - that's you folks' turf, not mine.

Cheers folks, Myzzrym out

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heyo folks!

Just dropping by after the 1.0 launch rush. Clarify a few things, so and so. First of all, thank you to all of you who left us warm wishes, know that we appreciate it! For the others, go f... just kidding, y'all have the right to criticize whatever you want. Even if we don't see eye to eye on some topics, eh that's life, we don't need to agree on everything. That said, let's go!

I did not ban you, I kicked you after warning you first to stop spamming and going off topic (there is a Tabletop channel for that...). Copy/Pasting wikipedia pages is pretty obnoxious on Discord, and you were so heated that you were constantly arguing with everyone about tiny little things. Like I said in the Kick message, feel free to come back after you cool your head. It's all good my man.

Like, motherfucker, the only reason to put that shit in is to appease the journo neonheads. They already got buttblasted by the reviewtards. Why add this degeneracy now?

Alright I feel like the pronoun thing is very controversial here. First, that choice was already there in the backer build - the only difference between that build and the release build is that we fixed more bugs. As to why we added it, it had always been in our todo list - it simply didn't get added before because we were working on other things, nothing more. There is no grand scheme as to hide things behind the curtain for a big reveal as if we were some BBEG at the end of a campaign.

Now, as for our stance on the matter, it's fairly simple: We believe trans people have as much right to exist as any other person, so we added that option in. It literally doesn't change anything about the game, the story remains the same, the gameplay remains the same, the NPCs behavior don't change, so yea apologies if some of you get triggered by that - you can just choose to ignore it. The issue has never been a political one here (we're not americans), and it's not like we force you to use the "They" pronoun.

Anyway, if that doesn't align with your vision of the world eh that's cool too - like I said, we don't need to agree on everything. I'm not here to try to convince you, just giving you our side of the coin. I'm sure there are enough games out there for you to enjoy.

This Myzzrym goes to all of the trouble of generating goodwill towards the game and the developers and then his boss decides to hire some token black "trans" chick to be their "Diversity and Inclusion Officer" with the pre-order money. What. The. Fuck.

Lol good one, that made me laugh x) We don't need to do diversity hires, in the 17 of us here are pretty diverse already! You can find a picture of the team on the website. If anything I'm sure we'd love more programmers :p

Listen Myzzrym, I never liked the cut of your game from way back in the demo. Wasting money on voice acting, going with the shittiest ruleset next to 4E, cinematic kill cams, a UI that makes a cemetery seem full of life, needless genocide of spiders. You were riding on bad faith with me right from the very start. Then you did something I really didn't like: you responded and told me my views on the UI were misguided and I was wrong. First off, my momma told me I'm always right. You calling my momma a liar? Last guy that did that forgot everything he learned from elementary school.

But then I saw your dev updates, I saw the cat pictures. Now you may have fooled some people with this "oh it's cute and whimsical" shit, but I know what it really was. It was an encroaching fog of destruction. You see I've been single since late 2016 and I know what sort of creatures love cat pictures and they all have one thing in common: incurable head trauma. I wanted to think it wasn't true, maybe you're just some nice guy dad that when not game developing or reading RA Salvatore you're constructing railroads for your model train hobby. Maybe after a nice square meal your highschool sweetheart of 20 years cooked up you go to your basement, make the mini locomotives go in circles with a conductor hat on and find artistic inspiration in it all.

Release day comes. I've not touched this game, saving myself like it's prom night, I go on Codex and expect to see discussion. I see a pronoun screen, I see you Myzzrym on the Steam forums defending this shit by saying a transsexual is a valid person too (lie), and worst of all I'm getting all this information from Jenkem. JENKEM. Of all the fucking posters, I am getting this unloading from the guy that plays games where furry raccoons have sex with their furry raccoon mothers. Do you know how humiliating that is from a pointless Internet feud standpoint?

And worst of all, you're gone. You'll never return. You got everyone all excited, then at the stroke of midnight you unleashed the payload. This is exactly what Happy New Year 1999 did to my old IBM family computer. Everyone was enjoying the fireworks and then you came from behind and FUCKED them good.

So listen up Myzzrym you little bitch, you little, uh, uh, cocksucka, if you're half the they you think you are you'll come back here. You'll come here and get your self-esteem set back thirty years and you'll like it. Every day you skip town I swear to God I am going to Chinatown and buying a cat to eat AND I'm requesting to the Chinese lady to let me keep each head she cleaves off. Don't try me, motherfucker.

Man that's some top tier writing, 10/10 would get roasted again by Generic Giant Spider. But c'mon leave the cats out of it:argh:

And what's with Myzzrym response to the trans question? Just say "We wanted to be inclusive to trans people." and that's it. It's basic PR. No need to be combative about. I guess now that the company has people's money, it's ok to burn down bridges.

-------------

Anyway, now that the game is out I'll drop by a bit more frequently like I did a year ago. And like I said we don't have to agree to chat here, it's cool - that's you folks' turf, not mine.

BARBARIAN CLASS WHEN

PrettyDeadman

1) Add multiclassing

2) fix beard
3) convert to mythras or assh rpg system.

LabRat

Learned
Heyo folks!

-------------

I would like to see some new cantrip for melee combat, such as Booming Blade or Green-Flame Blade. It can be good for Spellblade or Shadowcaster.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm surprised that this is out. Is the game finished?
The implementation of the tabletop rules is finished, the combat engine is finished, the short and sparse on story campaign is finished.
The UI still feels unfinished, even though I know otherwise. Many classes missing, some abilities missing, the campaign editor is very lean on features as well.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Myzzrym - there is something wrong with saving/applying changes to the settings. E.g I have disabled depth of field and it is still on in the game. Enabled moving map using mouse to the screen borders (it is not working), probably some other stuff also.

Are you happy with Steam/GOG sales after the first day?

Brickfrog

Learned
Heyo folks!

-------------

Game is good, thanks man

Polanski

Scholar
Does anyone else feel like there are some dialogue bugs? My Pragmatic/cynical wizard keeps telling jokes, while my dumb vulgar ranger reads Old Timarian, even though they don't know the language.

jackofshadows

Magister
Hey Myzzrym, there should be a way to reset the tutorial messages in-game, for people who'd like to see them all again.
You can check 'tutorial' section in the journal.
Now, as for our stance on the matter, it's fairly simple: We believe trans people have as much right to exist as any other person, so we added that option in.
This doesn't make any sense to me. Are the game about trans people? Is the game's lore support that in any way? If not, then what the hell is that box doin there unless it represents your political views despite your later claim that it's not?

Other than already infamous pronoun feature I found amusing the neutral voice option. Like, again, how's the game's lore supports that? Because if we forget about all this for a second it looks like common nice high-fantasy setting, maybe I'm missing something here?

Just to be clear: I'm fine with deviant games. Fine with deviant settings if it's coherent enough. I'm a deviant myself tbqh. But. I loathe shoving any political agenda into my cultural products, so fucking tired of it even. And this looks excatly like it, convince me otherwise.

Barring that, the game plays very, very good. If only char models were prettier, it's a fantasy, ffs.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Was willing to play, enjoy, and promote the game, but by having your say, again, and expecting everyone else to shut up you've made it doubly political since there is a name for a polis with that rule: tyranny. Tyrants can't bear to hear anyone else out, but we're not all tyrants here so to sum up why I'm requesting a refund and encouraging everyone else to as well:

(1) By participating in the LARP that anyone with a concern doesn't want trans people to exist you facilitate our dehumanization and all that flows from that. You have very powerful people and corporations on your side who are ruthlessly imposing their will on the populace and a populace rightfully wary of the genocidal - you're the one using that language, not us. Stop defaming us and our people.

(2) If it doesn't change the game it shouldn't be there. That's poor design.

(3) Don't apologize when you don't mean it - if you did you wouldn't insult us with the very next word.

(4) By buying into all this bullshit you're exactly Americans - that's where all this comes from. If you want to defend your own people from American encroachment you're on the wrong side here. Doubly - the "anything political is wrong" bullshit is also from America and designed to lower everyone's guard to anything that follows.

Peace, brother, hope you can learn from this.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nope. Is more due 5E ruleset and slow animations than due verticality.
Ahhhh that is what i am saying,slow animations + endless running around and jumping and climbing = a shit ton of waste time. Tho at least the speed hack does work fine with the game.

Why you don't put 200% damage taken and 50% enemy health? It would not make the game lethal as a 2E game, but will drastically increases the lethality of the game. You can also give bonuses to both(you and enemies) and make missing rarer. I will play authentic on my first run, but if I replay the game, I will do this changes to increase the lethality of the game.
Nah i just put me speedhacks to 4x,runs a lot better now,verticality still annoying tho.

The best thing about that part is that YOU ACTUALLY HAVE SORRAK BODY PIECES ON YOU, because they drop their stings and you can loot around three or four of those in the first dungeon.
Yup,the writing is 6th grade level,the more i play the more laugh me ars off about fucking retarded cringe. The game feels like a prequel to NWN,one of those shitty PS2 rpgs where you have a bunch of empty rooms and static npcs waiting to give their one line and be inactive.....like ultima 9.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I recommend GoG Wallet Refund so you can support gaming without supporting devs who want to insult you repeatedly.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This is unthinkable and cancelworthy. Only 3 sets of pronouns? What about the rest of them? Do you not feel for the marginalized victims? You are literally murdering all the troones that use different pronouns, erasing their existence.
Kinda based tbh.
Well there is plenty of niggers and strong independent lesbians and shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom