Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not sure what Natural Explorer actually does, if anything. Probably just easier time finding food on the world map.
There are no arctic or coastal areas in the game, and I'm not sure whether Badlands count as desert. Not sure if any parts of the worldmap count as grasslands either.

Exactly, in the end I said "fuck this shit" and went rogue.

I would take Cleric + either pal or fighter. That way you can see pretty much all spells which are in the game currently, as cleric has quite a few cool exclusive spells.
Rogue is better for first run than Ranger imo, since the very high skillchecks make all the noncombat stuff and lockicking a nonissue.

Also damn this game can be addicting, played 11 hours since yesterday.
Thank you for advice, I decided to go fighter+cleric.

Now however, I think about choosing domain for cleric and while life domain is no brainer for healer - sun domain sounds nice too, but I am not sure.

Life is rock solid, not only because of healing but also because they get heavy armor. Take 15+ STR with them so you can wear plate.
But honestly most domains look really good, I don't think there are awfull choices there.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's interesting that they have included language rules. Last game I remember language having any effect was Daggerfall.

For me is Gothic 2 + Returning mod. To read ancient tablets, you need to learn the ancient language. To read some grimoires like the necronomicon, you need to known demoniac language, to do some quests in Orcs city, you need to learn how to speak in Orchish.

But I love how persuading Orcs on ORcish has much higher success rate than in non orchish language...

Can bards fuck dragons?

No coomer class(Bard), nor seduction.

Ah no, this is not from 5e, its solasta homebrew , the elemental is not supposed to turn hostile after losing concentration, its a big nerf to summon spells, however elementals might be stronger in this game.

And they are quite powerful. IMO summoning outsiders should be more dangerous on CRPG's. I have flawless concentration and many people said that feats are worthless on solasta, but flawless concentration is amazing.

GHBISXm.png

Actually i am wrong its the 5th level version spell so you do lose control on it when losing concentration.So yes keeping a concentration feat is a good idea there , else it could turn out deadly.
  • You call forth an elemental servant. Choose an area of air, earth, fire, or water that fills a 10-foot cube within range. An elemental of challenge rating 5 or lower appropriate to the area you chose appears in an unoccupied space within 10 feet of it. For example, a fire elemental emerges from a bonfire, and an earth elemental rises up from the ground. The elemental disappears when it drops to 0 hit points or when the spell ends. The elemental is friendly to you and your companions for the duration. Roll initiative for the elemental, which has its own turns. It obeys any verbal commands that you issue to it (no action required by you). If you don’t issue any commands to the elemental, it defends itself from hostile creatures but otherwise takes no actions. If your concentration is broken, the elemental doesn’t disappear. Instead, you lose control of the elemental, it becomes hostile toward you and your companions, and it might attack. An uncontrolled elemental can’t be dismissed by you, and it disappears 1 hour after you summoned it. The GM has the elemental’s statistics

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's interesting that they have included language rules. Last game I remember language having any effect was Daggerfall.
There is piece of text at one point that can only be read if you know a specific language. Nobody in my party understood it, so I had to use the spell Tongues, in order to read it. Not too shabby. Wish more games did this.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Replaying the second gem story, I'm still liking

Kythaela very much. It's a shame she dies within the arc, because I liked her more than any RPG companion in the span of the last 5 years.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I can't get over how ugly the interface is. Looks like Windows 10, not fantasy.
I can get over how ugly is,but i can't get over how impractical is when it looks that fucking utilitarian. I already am having a list of daft things with it,like not being able to right click to disregard action. I am kind of looking forward to writing a fast review once i finish it :).

Brickfrog

Learned
Having to click a big ass abort button instead of right clicking is pretty funny lol

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Reached a "volcano" and managed to persuade orcs using the orcish language.
That is also pretty shit,i am the undead castle,so i just got around and talked with everyone and everyone muh ok go along,no fighthu. And i am all what ?! Can even force attack them for the lootz. Pure decline.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I cant get over how bad the faces are. Everyone looks like an Oblivion character except sleepy.

upload_2021-5-28_23-52-40.png

Did these fucks have no QA at all?

upload_2021-5-28_23-58-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-28_23-58-12.png
    upload_2021-5-28_23-58-12.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That light bug is really annoying. Had to change the hit chance to max for this fight because of how buggy this shit is. In the center is the sun light spell,also that bitch aksha have 15ish hp regen in the darkness,but because the game is bugged she have it even in the light and still counts as unlit. And no,am not talking about her dark shit on the left,i kited hit out of it and in to the light. It is a shame that this one is the only one you could agro in to a fight,the other two ignore you and the boss just disappeared. Must be pretty funny when the scavengers show up and begin to take the place apart and all the bosses are just there looking them lol.
umDar4D.png

Bara

Arcane
I recommend GoG Wallet Refund so you can support gaming without supporting devs who want to insult you repeatedly.
Or you could just sail the high seas :).

Why would I pirate it?

I don’t play games with loyalty oaths, especially loyalty oaths to evil empires bent on destroying historical cultures and peoples, mutilating children for pride and profit, and defaming anyone who stands in their way with genocidally-loaded language.

If whats in this game is equivlent to that wouldn't Pathfinder fall into that category then? Maybe you feel fine about Owlcat but by buying, playing, and talking about those games you are still supporting Paizo.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In the center is the sun light spell,also that bitch aksha have 15ish hp regen in the darkness,but because the game is bugged she have it even in the light and still counts as unlit
It's highly likely that you missed the message when she casts a spell and/or ability called Veil of Darkness, which enables her to take the full benefits of darkness even if you cast daylight.

What I find more interesting is to know how you cast such a high level spell so early in the game.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It is all about sneaking in pronoun shit into release version only.

And shit like this

EfOF0iJ.jpg

I would have never gave my pity money to game in EA that I had never intended to play pre-release, if I'd knew that devs will go on tirade defending people who brainwash and mutilate children and will ban everyone on forum who'd try to disagree.

And now I can't even refund it.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing it and actually looks fun.

First part looks linear, but there are side quests off main path (goblin lair) and plenty of chests hidden if you look for them.

hellbent

Augur
Looking forward to playing this once I bring out my Win 10 rig this weekend. Game won't run past character creation on my Win 7 system, sadly. Checked GOG and Steam forums for anyone having same issue and was greeted by a wall of decline.

crAFNFM.jpg

39QBjqi.jpg

ZG7CIdQ.jpg

Bq2MN0g.jpg

k0mM9oR.jpg

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In the center is the sun light spell,also that bitch aksha have 15ish hp regen in the darkness,but because the game is bugged she have it even in the light and still counts as unlit
It's highly likely that you missed the message when she casts a spell and/or ability called Veil of Darkness, which enables her to take the full benefits of darkness even if you cast daylight.

What I find more interesting is to know how you cast such a high level spell so early in the game.
:deathclaw:
Nigga did you read me post or see the picture??? She did cast it,it is in the upper left corner. I already wrote that i kited her out of the darkens area and led her under the sunned area that doesn't have vail of darkness. It is just bugged lol. A lot of times i see unlid enemy next to a light source.

Also lol level 5/6 is not that high,i just did all the quests and ended up there.

First part looks linear
First dungeon is really bad,later on are more fun. Just finished the undead one and had a good time,this a lot of daft shit in it tho,like diplomacy and no force attack.

The_Mask

Patron
Nigga did you read me post or see the picture??? She did cast it,it is in the upper left corner. I already wrote that i kited her out of the darkens area and led her under the sunned area that doesn't have vail of darkness. It is just bugged lol. A lot of times i see unlid enemy next to a light source.
Veil of Darkness is something that moves with her, as far as I can tell, but if you're right and it is a bug, then my apologies.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I defeated a dragon at lv 8. Is this normal on 5e? And the fight before the green dragon was much harder than the dragon itself TBH

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Unrelated: loled at rune "puzzle": player, behold! It's a rune puzzle! Step on some runes in an arbitrary manner! ... What a great fucking puzzle.
Yeap, the classic puzzle of testing whether you have eyeballs in your face. I complained about that during the EA as well.

The encounters are too easy even with max AI without enemies receiving bonuses (yes, even the encounters in the beginning). 90% of the enemies can only attack, but the AC values of the party are so high that hitting them happens once in a blue moon. Encounters need more spellcasters too.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
That light bug is really annoying. Had to change the hit chance to max for this fight because of how buggy this shit is. In the center is the sun light spell,also that bitch aksha have 15ish hp regen in the darkness,but because the game is bugged she have it even in the light and still counts as unlit. And no,am not talking about her dark shit on the left,i kited hit out of it and in to the light. It is a shame that this one is the only one you could agro in to a fight,the other two ignore you and the boss just disappeared. Must be pretty funny when the scavengers show up and begin to take the place apart and all the bosses are just there looking them lol.
I did this fight today and it worked fine. Fine as in "nothing was bugged" not "she isn't a complete piece of shit". She has way too many ways to heal herself: the passive at the end of each round, the bite as a normal attack, and the bite as a legendary action. And it's impossible to keep her in the light, because she constantly spams that dumb darkness thing. I think the fight would be fine if only she could use that dark shit only once per encounter.

If you complete all the side quests and fight everyone, you should reach level 5 just before entering that castle.

Tomas

Educated
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
So far gg bought the game last night and played for couple hours. Character creation is good, as well as the initial tutorial sequence - some interesting mechanics. Amusing dialogues too: shopkeeper trying to sell gear to level 1 noobs setting out lol

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Random tip (that I may have already shared ITT long ago; also, I am avoiding this thread like the plague for now):

If you want the ability to move the camera with your mouse by moving the cursor to the edges of the screen, you have to do TWO things:

1) Enable the option "Move Camera With Screen Borders" under Options --> Game

*AND*

2) Enable "Confine Cursor to Window" under Options --> GUI

I hope this helps someone.

Be nice to one another.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL that writing buahahah,the worst quest i have seen in me life buahahaha.

So the game's hub is pretty much that one place and it have a temple district that is an empty street and small room. Sooo the quest is to find some sword,the drunk in the tavern gives you,you then go trough a load screen to get to the room in the temple district to ask the only npc there about it,he sends to ask the only weapon merchant about in the first area,the merchant sends you to the tavern where the quest giver is and on the table next to him is the npc which is waiting for the buyer who is in the same tavern but on the balcony on the second floor,then he tells you that the sword is next to the dude in the temple district in a chest i had noticed on the map lol,you go trough the loads screens,then you get the sword,have 5 minute fight,then you return the sword to the scav npc.....which gives you reward a lot worst than the sword buahahahaha.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Just amazing

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I recommend GoG Wallet Refund so you can support gaming without supporting devs who want to insult you repeatedly.
Or you could just sail the high seas :).

Why would I pirate it?

I don’t play games with loyalty oaths, especially loyalty oaths to evil empires bent on destroying historical cultures and peoples, mutilating children for pride and profit, and defaming anyone who stands in their way with genocidally-loaded language.

If whats in this game is equivlent to that wouldn't Pathfinder fall into that category then? Maybe you feel fine about Owlcat but by buying, playing, and talking about those games you are still supporting Paizo.

Paizo isn’t Owlcat and OC isn’t directly insulting me to my face while adamantly insisting on verbiage that sets me and my people up for persecution and worse.

I said I’d play the game with the box. Myzzrym thought that meant it was a perfect time for rub-ins so I took my business and support elsewhere.

I hope more do likewise so they’ll finally snap out of it so we can make great games together.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It is all about sneaking in pronoun shit into release version only.

And shit like this

EfOF0iJ.jpg

I would have never gave my pity money to game in EA that I had never intended to play pre-release, if I'd knew that devs will go on tirade defending people who brainwash and mutilate children and will ban everyone on forum who'd try to disagree.

And now I can't even refund it.

GoG let me refund but I just bought two days ago on Kotex hype. Some decent gameplay there tho having a little trouble getting into 5E - probably just age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom