Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry IV Gaiden SNES Translation to English - CURRENT VERSION 1.02

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I went ahead and posted an update for the Wizardry Gaiden IV patch on the home page. Also still at the moment accepting any save files that pertain to the issues remaining if anyone can help with that.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I went ahead and posted an update for the Wizardry Gaiden IV patch on the home page. Also still at the moment accepting any save files that pertain to the issues remaining if anyone can help with that.

which homepage?

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Oh, the updated patch is on the first post. Also save files from SNES9x can be private messaged or linked here in the forum through google drive or dropbox or something along those lines.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
So this person "https://rpgcodex.net/forums/members/hengki-kusuma-adi.22355/" is the one who has been stirring problems with the patch being hosted on sites. He was a play-tester at one point and pointed out some errors recently and I accepted some of his corrections while some couldn't be fixed due to complex ASM stuff. Also with lack of save states we couldn't compare issues that might be present on one emulator vs. another which can happen due to him using RetroArch when he encountered such issues. I thought he was an OK guy till he got weird about me un-following "not blocking" him from twitter due a constant bombardment of Fire Emblem stuff in my feed and also me requesting him document issues with screenshots and text files when he just kept sending me modified ROMS which I didn't really want to use. After trying to contact the guy I got blocked by him on twitter and then got a hold of him on Zophar's to ask him what was going on with the block and if he still wanted to help and I thought this was all resolved. I downloaded his patch and implemented the grammatical changes, some spell name changes, and some text he did. I did not use the guys patch directly but patched an original ROM, loaded it side by side with my copy, and took only what I felt was OK in terms of corrections and changes he did by manually hex editing what I saw on his work onto mine instead of just taking his work for granted as I didn't trust his hex work. All the stuff he did was credited and noted in the readme. I even told him I posted here to see if we can save states and that can be seen in one of my past posts. He seemed enthusiastic with this but then the guy started posting negative content about me following after this... After that I posted the new patch with the corrections and he then tried getting it removed from the GBATemp website. I just wanted to post this because this is a project that was done for fun and that great help was put into it. I always appreciate it when people had a good time playing this and making posts about it. I'm just upset this guy keeps trying to claim that this project was all his for the most part when AgentOrange & Helly who I met here translated a lot of stuff, DDS, DackR, and FinS did a great amount of ASM, and then this guy does a few typo corrections and minor suggestions and then tries to get all our work taken down... I don't really post like this but I know this guy is on the codex and I want people to know what was happening with this and who is to blame. Also don't worry, this isn't an I quit post as I will never stop working on projects :D

I hope everybody enjoys the work we do and thanks for all the good words posted from this project!

xpGVZVP.png

5wT8IIx.png

Honestly, I just hope this guy goes away and works on something of his own and succeeds at it, but I want no more part of anything to do with him...

Last edited:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So this person "https://rpgcodex.net/forums/members/hengki-kusuma-adi.22355/" is the one who has been stirring problems with the patch being hosted on sites. He was a play-tester at one point and pointed out some errors recently and I accepted some of his corrections while some couldn't be fixed due to complex ASM stuff. Also with lack of save states we couldn't compare issues that might be present on one emulator vs. another which can happen due to him using RetroArch when he encountered such issues. I thought he was an OK guy till he got weird about me un-following "not blocking" him from twitter due a constant bombardment of Fire Emblem stuff in my feed and also me requesting him document issues with screenshots and text files when he just kept sending me modified ROMS which I didn't really want to use. After trying to contact the guy I got blocked by him on twitter and then got a hold of him on Zophar's to ask him what was going on with the block and if he still wanted to help and I thought this was all resolved. I downloaded his patch and implemented the grammatical changes, some spell name changes, and some text he did. I did not use the guys patch directly but patched an original ROM, loaded it side by side with my copy, and took only what I felt was OK in terms of corrections and changes he did by manually hex editing what I saw on his work onto mine instead of just taking his work for granted as I didn't trust his hex work. All the stuff he did was credited and noted in the readme. I even told him I posted here to see if we can save states and that can be seen in one of my past posts. He seemed enthusiastic with this but then the guy started posting negative content about me following after this... After that I posted the new patch with the corrections and he then tried getting it removed from the GBATemp website. I just wanted to post this because this is a project that was done for fun and that great help was put into it. I always appreciate it when people had a good time playing this and making posts about it. I'm just upset this guy keeps trying to claim that this project was all his for the most part when AgentOrange & Helly who I met here translated a lot of stuff, DDS, DackR, and FinS did a great amount of ASM, and then this guy does a few typo corrections and minor suggestions and then tries to get all our work taken down... I don't really post like this but I know this guy is on the codex and I want people to know what was happening with this and who is to blame. Also don't worry, this isn't an I quit post as I will never stop working on projects :D

I hope everybody enjoys the work we do and thanks for all the good words posted from this project!

Honestly, I just hope this guy goes away and works on something of his own and succeeds at it, but I want no more part of anything to do with him...

What you do is appreciated, I grabbed your patch. Sorry to hear about the drama and the backstabbing. Want me to beat him up for you?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

xpGVZVP.png

5wT8IIx.png

He wrote me private messages to change my translation of Wizardry Gaiden - prisoners of the battles, because in the menus I put Jap. referring to japanese language because apparently it was racist. He also ordered me to make a translation patch instead of sharing directly the translated ISO (he is right about it, but I don't have time to make it, and is rough to tell people to do very laborious tasks without any relation)

I'm pretty sure he reported me and make a moderator delete the link to the translated ISO on the game thread, after making a drama there about the racism of translating "Japanese" as "Jap.". I know is against the rules posting games, but it has been there for years without issues, and it's an old game impossible to buy until it rereleases later this year on steam. I only made an amateur translation to play the game myself, and wanted to share it with the community.

For sure he would have reported me anyways if I had uploaded a legal patch to any specialized site.

Yeah, the guy is a real rat. I'm sorry a guy so talented and great for the community as you, had to deal with this. I enjoyed a lot your Wiz Gaiden IV translation.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Nah :P I honestly feel stupid posting that but the guy just bugged me with the dumb patch takedown attempt... There could have been other ways to resolve this honestly.

Yeah, I assumed it was him when I saw his weird Twitter posts, but as the others said your work is appreciated. And you can't be really famous without one crazy fan, you've made the big league. Just make sure he doesn't go axe crazy and gets your home address

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron

xpGVZVP.png

5wT8IIx.png

He wrote me private messages to change my translation of Wizardry Gaiden - prisoners of the battles, because in the menus I put Jap. referring to japanese language because apparently it was racist. He also ordered me to make a translation patch instead of sharing directly the translated ISO (he is right about it, but I don't have time to make it, and is rough to tell people to do very laborious tasks without any relation)

I'm pretty sure he reported me and make a moderator delete the link to the translated ISO on the game thread, after making a drama there about the racism of translating "Japanese" as "Jap.". I know is against the rules posting games, but it has been there for years without issues, and it's an old game impossible to buy until it rereleases later this year on steam. I only made an amateur translation to play the game myself, and wanted to share it with the community.

For sure he would have reported me anyways if I had uploaded a legal patch to any specialized site.

Yeah, the guy is a real rat. I'm sorry a guy so talented and great for the community as you, had to deal with this. I enjoyed a lot your Wiz Gaiden IV translation.

Ugh... I feel your pain.. I kinda feel a sliver of what DDS went through during that whole Goemon fiasco when you have to deal with unwanted nonsense colliding with something you like doing. That is a game I would love to play in English one day. I'll send a PM over, maybe I can help you out with an installation setup or patch setup.

MrRichard999

Game re-worker!
Patron
Nah :P I honestly feel stupid posting that but the guy just bugged me with the dumb patch takedown attempt... There could have been other ways to resolve this honestly.

Yeah, I assumed it was him when I saw his weird Twitter posts, but as the others said your work is appreciated. And you can't be really famous without one crazy fan, you've made the big league. Just make sure he doesn't go axe crazy and gets your home address

Grauken always comes through with something positive! :)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So that's why this thread was reported twice, something about an incorrect version.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
SJWs should be expelled out of RPGCodex without hesitation. They are sneaky bastards trying to ruin fun, and destroy the Good, the Beautiful and the True.

The question is what will be destroyed? Them, or all what we love and is good like the Codex or Wizardry games.

Pyreen

Educated
Dont worry guys, I just sent sent him a childishly racist PM.

But seriously, this is a good opportunity to once again thank MrRichard and Matador, you guys are by far among the most valuable members on here, since you actually contribute with projects that require work and dedication.

I couldnt have played some of the best RPGs ever made without your efforts.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The translation of the japanese Wizardry games for a big part thanks to MrRichard999 is obviously the best thing which happened to video games during the last decade.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Report:

Hengki Kusuma Adi Yesterday at 9:25 PM
This post should never go discuss in public (and giving me heart attack when I see this)
Someone is very upset about Wizardry patches.

Dvx Bellorvm

Novice
I'm really loving this game so far! However, I can't seem to trigger the battle with Okikusama on the first floor of the Tower of Stillness. I search the well, but the only message I receive is "nothing there." Is this is bug, or is there something that I'm missing?

mushaden

Scholar
Is there a noticeable pause after battles and some menus or do I need a new toaster?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom