Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Released

Codex Year of the Donut
are we really going to pretend that north africans look like sub-saharan africans?
what's next, blacks built egypt?

Latro

Arcane
Pull? I'm just interested in your language and display as a non-multi-ethnic person, as self-proclaimed autistic individual and, what I thought until now, a person with self-respect.

Update your roguey.txt, I'm less European-derived than most of the people on this forum https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/general-blogdex-thread.82758/page-980#post-6082923

Post me more links from the wiki, as opposed to actually playing the game. That'll help your argument.

Why would I give these pozzed frogs money?

What? Literally what.

Now even the existence of black women with strange hair is enough to dismiss a game?

This has nothing to do with games becoming politicized, this is about people becoming retardedly obsessed about this shit.

The point I'm trying to make is that their ideology influences multiple choices they make. There are some prestigious posters who may object to these choices and are better off informed about them.

As for Dynaheir, a black magic lady looks less out of place in a European fantasy setting than a black soldier in armor.
European fantasy setting with black soldiers in armor ? You dont even have to go fantasy, since 8th century franks had quite afew skirmish with saracens might be quite a few black guys in armor there...
As for fantasy inspired by history , Maugis fighting the saracen wizard Noiron in aigremont , in Renaud de Montaubant. David Aubert, Bruges, 1462-1470
1280px-Maugis_fighting_the_Saracen_Noiron_in_Aigremont.jpg
“Shiet, why you gotta stab me mang I dindu nuffin”

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The point I'm trying to make is that their ideology influences multiple choices they make. There are some prestigious posters who may object to these choices and are better off informed about them.

As for Dynaheir, a black magic lady looks less out of place in a European fantasy setting than a black soldier in armor.
The premise of this game is more or less "there's this giant dangerous area full of perils and this super partes council is gathering mercenaries and adventurers LITERALLY from the entire world".

On planet Earth, a fucking African man can fight under Oda Nobunaga, but on this imaginary universe where people can magically travel between different worlds, a black woman in armor looks out of place?

Codex Year of the Donut

The premise of this game is more or less "there's this giant dangerous area full of perils and this super partes council is gathering mercenaries and adventurers LITERALLY from the entire world".

On planet Earth, a fucking African man can fight under Oda Nobunaga, but on this imaginary universe where people can magically travel between different worlds, a black woman in armor looks out of place?
if you don't want it to look out of place maybe don't use generic-tolkienesque as the foundation for your world?

Lambach

Arcane
"As for Dynaheir, a black magic lady"

The best part of Dynaheir is she wasn't Afrikan Amerikan or Afrikan Kanadian or Afrikan European. She was a dark skinned woman. PERIOD.

The FR always had a variety of humans with different skinned colours. Racism was fcoused on actual races like elves, dwarves, orcs, etc. not on one's paint job.

Real life racism is dumb. Too bad the left forgot it was their 'job' (supposedly) to fight against it. Nowadays they encourage racial hatred. LMAO

Dynaheir was Rashemi and IIRC, the only vidya depiction of Rashemen we ever got was in Mask of The Betrayer, in which all the (human) locals seemed pretty white, so that's my headcanon. +M

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Dynaheir was Rashemi and IIRC, the only vidya depiction of Rashemen we ever got was in Mask of The Betrayer, in which all the (human) locals seemed pretty white, so that's my headcanon. +M

As someone well-versed in the (occasionally stupid) FR lore I can confirm Rashemis are supposed to be 100% white. This of course includes the Wychlaran (their witches). Their culture is meant to mirror early shamanic/tribal Scandinavia to an extent. Dynaheir being black (and ugly as fuck) was early Bioware autism, although to be fair, they had little source material to work with, so they literally made up shit.

image.png

image.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is only absurd if you think a black person in soldier armor is absurd.
Historically, it is. Hence, the intent behind this movie:
Which would only be the case in a very racist setting. Which I don't really think their setting is.

Non-racist settings are certainly a fantasy, true. :)
This is not a historical game!
Thought that was pretty obvious. Fantasy settings don't have to adhere to anything, they "just" have to be internally consistent.
Mind you, the Solasta setting might totally fail at that, I don't know, but I'll find out at some point when I have the time to play it...

Mortmal those aren't a black lady in plate mail. :M
Oh, so now we're down from "blacks shouldn't wear armor" to "black women shouldn't wear armor".
Going for both sexism and racism now, are we? If you want to add something homophobic to get the trio of assholery, I'd suggest adding "but maybe she's a tranny".

Singular they has no grammatical difference to plural they.
Singular they is to only be used when the sex of the individual being referred to is unknown.
Or non-binary. Or male/female but for some reason prefer the neutral pronoun. I don't get any of it, either, but that doesn't mean I can't respect a persons preferences when talking about them.

Lambach

Arcane
Or non-binary. Or male/female but for some reason prefer the neutral pronoun. I don't get any of it, either, but that doesn't mean I can't respect a persons preferences when talking about them.

Question: if you knew someone who is schizophrenic and that someone had a bunch of friends that only he and no one else could see and hear, would you also respect that and play along by pretending that you too see those friends?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Question: if you knew someone who is schizophrenic and that someone had a bunch of friends that only he and no one else could see and hear, would you also respect that and play along by pretending that you too see those friends?
No, but I understand the difference between a mental illness and someone simply having a different personality and preferences than myself.
If you put your line of thinking to its logical conclusion you'd have to end up rejecting absolutely everything that isn't 100% the same as yourself - which in itself sounds very much like a mental illness to me.

Maxie

You forgot the part where the JRPG guy fucks his anime body pillow after he's done with the game.
3D w*men are to blame if a virile hot-blooded male would rather fuck a pillow depicting some anime girl than them

Lambach

Arcane
No, but I understand the difference between a mental illness and someone simply having a different personality and preferences than myself.

It's not a matter of having a different personality, in both cases it's you enabling or even actively encouraging a delusion. If there's a bearded, hairy as a bear dude who decides he wants to be a woman now, slaps on some lipstick and a wig, he can refer to himself as "she" if he wants, that's his right. But he does not have the right to demand of me or anyone else to participate in his delusion. It's not a matter of respecting someone's preferences, it's a matter of denying objective reality. Same goes for the "non-binary" they/them folk, because yes, sex/gender are binary and any claims otherwise are pure delusion that should not be encouraged (or a cry for attention, as the case often is nowadays).

I'll grant an honorary exception to human hermaphrodites who are estimated to be 1 in roughly 83000 births (i.e. ~0.0012%), I would certainly respect their pronouns of choice if I knew any.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"but that doesn't mean I can't respect a persons preferences when talking about them."

My personal preference is Lady Volourn, I Just Fucked Your Momma Up Her Ass. if you don't refer to me as that whenever you bring me up to your buddies or in reply to me, I will forever label you a KKK Nazi Member. Capiche?

RESPECT. MY. PERSONAL. PREFERENCE.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
"but that doesn't mean I can't respect a persons preferences when talking about them."

My personal preference is Lady Volourn, I Just Fucked Your Momma Up Her Ass. if you don't refer to me as that whenever you bring me up to your buddies or in reply to me, I will forever label a KKK Nazi Member. Capiche?

You'll label and soon the cops will arrest.

Didn't Canada pass some law about pronouns not that long ago?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I don't know if it officially became law, but I haven't heard of any actual arrests of it. Just that professor guy mocking it repeatedly and publicly.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

My personal preference is Lady Volourn, I Just Fucked Your Momma Up Her Ass. if you don't refer to me as that whenever you bring me up to your buddies or in reply to me, I will forever label you a KKK Nazi Member. Capiche?

Ok. I have to inform you Lady Volourn, I just fucked your momma up her ass.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Asia, South America, the Muslim world and Russia could unite and ban games with propaganda of being mentally deranged.
Oh yes, the economic superpowers that need regional prices to be 70% lower to even consider buying a game. The devs are trembling at the thought of losing such a huge market.
Nigga china is in asia....
Sure, now look at Chinese regional prices on Steam. Spoiler alert: they're set at approximately 60% lower than Euro, just like the rest of those "guardians of decency".
Still dont change the fact that they are worlds second economic super power

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You forgot to capitalize! How rude.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom