Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some complaints:

- no mouse edge camera scrolling? Wtf is this you have to use keyboard to move camera? It's like 1993!

-Dialogue system is just ugh and they choose that cinematic camera with their team and budget. Isometric dialogue just like 90% other iso rpg is fine. It turned out to look worse than neverwinter nights 2. They should just pick isometric view for dialogue and add a class or two.

-fugly UI. It's functional-ish. Made me miss pathfiner: KM UI.

Some praise:

Combat is fun so far but i am still in the outpost. Even at level 2 you have decent option and fun. I start in the default difficulty but it feels too easy so i will just switch after i got more feel of it.

Good game so far but can't help they misplaced some of their resources. But faithful adaptation of TB DnD just in itself is welcome and they added some other neat mechanics like climbing and shoving etc.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are you guys playing it? I see a lot of people asking about the game,but not many that play it.
Slaying some mad pussy with my favorite character in Copparan right now:

Screenshot-80.png
:yeah:

- no mouse edge camera scrolling? Wtf is this you have to use keyboard to move camera? It's like 1993!
You need to enable two different settings: "confine cursor to window" under GUI and "move camera with screen borders" under GAME.

So as long as Solasta has a story, some branching quests
Uh...
Well... the game definitely has A story.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yeah it is retarded they way they had made it,but there is option for it.

If you want the ability to move the camera with your mouse by moving the cursor to the edges of the screen, you have to do TWO things:

1) Enable the option "Move Camera With Screen Borders" under Options --> Game

*AND*

2) Enable "Confine Cursor to Window" under Options --> GUI

Slaying some mad pussy with my favorite character in Copparan right now:
:smug:
Mphhh level 6 peasants.

Jokes aside,i am doing the shitty volcano dungeon lol,what a bad writing,it is amazing. So i have to get the gem by killing some retard,but the game forces me to ally the shitty orks and listen about their garbage culture and muh evul slavery and shieeet. It is really annoying.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I quick tip to starters. During the game you get items that you could give to factions which are just vendors,to open up more items in them. But they are competing for the items and you could give the item to one of them. Make sure to give them to the arcanum and the ones that are up next to embassy. Because i am level 7 and still use shitty generic weapons because i don't have the fucking special weapons you need for upgrading and only the arcanum sells them. The game have the worst itemization i have seen in me life. You have plenty of slots but the game just doesn't have the item to put in them.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The crappy writing might make me actually browse the dungeon maker content lol. No story bullshit just dungeon crawl. Divinity has crap system and loot so i didn't touch any of it even if there were good campaign made by fans.

Larianshill

Arbiter
does it make sense to have both ranger and rogue? they seem similar
As long as they don't compete for the same loot, sure. Although since anyone with Lowlife background can pick locks, rogue is not strictly necessary, while the utility ranger brings with Goodberry can't be overstated.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
The crappy writing might make me actually browse the dungeon maker content lol. No story bullshit just dungeon crawl. Divinity has crap system and loot so i didn't touch any of it even if there were good campaign made by fans.
Crappy writing as in comix font or as in botched conversations and a bland story etc. ?

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crappy writing as in comix font or as in botched converstations and bland story etc. ?

The latter. It's pretty poor.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Crappy writing as in comix font or as in botched converstations and bland story etc. ?
Solasta is an accurate simulation of DnD in all aspects - including the fact that most DMs are not great at things like screenwriting, characters, getting the players invested.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Ranger is closer to the Paladin, in that it is a Fighterish character that sacrifices the action surge for some spellcasting and some other small bells and whistles. They can't wear heavy armor, making strength fairly bad for them, and turning them basically into a sidegraded dex fighter archer.
Goodberry is actually really nice as it just means infinite rations for resting.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
They both dish out big damage numbers, but the Ranger is almost completely self-reliant while the Rogue has to rely on other characters to set up his sneak attacks (unless you stay hidden the entire fight). A Rogue is great at quickly killing an enemy engaged with your frontline, a Ranger is great at dealing with the faraway archer/caster your frontline is unable to reach. A big advantage of the Ranger is the +2 to attack rolls he can get with the Archery combat style, which in this edition is a great deal, but the Rogue is better at unlocking chests and with the Shadowcaster subclass he gets some very strong defensive options.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Because i am level 7 and still use shitty generic weapons because i don't have the fucking special weapons you need for upgrading and only the arcanum sells them. The game have the worst itemization i have seen in me life. You have plenty of slots but the game just doesn't have the item to put in them.
Come back to the dungeon with the library in it, and search all the chests using a character with Fly.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Speaking of advice - at some point, a character will give you a magic sword and tell you to deliver it to an NPC. DON'T DO IT. Certainly not immediately. That thing is busted, and you'll need it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
a Ranger is great at dealing with the faraway archer/caster your frontline is unable to reach.
This can be done by any elf with decent DEX and a longbow, though.
Sure, but with the Ranger you still get the +2 to attack rolls from Archery, +1d6 damage on each attack from Hunter's Mark, and +1d8 on one of the attacks from Colossus Slayer. Specializing in ranged combat with the Ranger is still worth it.

V_K

Arcane
Speaking of advice - at some point, a character will give you a magic sword and tell you to deliver it to an NPC. DON'T DO IT. Certainly not immediately. That thing is busted, and you'll need it.
You can craft a better longsword by this point. And an even better battleaxe not much later.
Speaking of crafting, if you return to the Manacalon ruin after you've cleared it, there's a vendor selling some pretty rad enchantment manuals. I've only learned about it when the MQ directed me there for the final chapter, so don't be like me, make use of it earlier.

Larianshill

Arbiter
You can craft a better longsword by this point.
No, I can't. The lobbies in Solasta want me to do more favours to them before they sell me any recipes and primed weapons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom