Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There is a context that you cannot deny in good faith. The hit on MCA made every statement regarding him political. The fact that Owlcat Games distance themselves from such statements as far as humanly possible is a statement by itself. And this statement reads: "We are beholden to the great American cancel culture and have to support it whatever the cost".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Again, what are you basing this on?

My own sources. :M

Like I said, it's perfectly normal for a narrative designer to finish their work quite a bit earlier than most of the team does. After all, you need to have the narrative first, and only then you start developing locations etc.

Direct from Sawyer: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882000&userid=17931

Josh Sawyer said:
like once the game is "done" when it comes to Golden path(aka main storyline), the narrative director moves on, forced or other wise.
This is not true in any RPG I've ever worked on or seen the development of.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I saw Owlcat level designer PuLSaR cracking gallows humor jokes about Avellone on a DTF (russian forum). Not an official statement obviously, but may still indicate a general opinion of the team.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

You surely can't get any gayer
'They' is an actual word with a meaning that can be used that has nothing to do with the sjw stuff you're so afraid of. It has been used as a term for when you don't know someones gender since forever. I would have assumed you're a man and called you 'he' but you act like a little bitch all the time so I wasn't sure.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Well, it means 2 things:

1. Cancel culture works. Globally. If nutcases on the other side of the Pond influence a studio in the heart of Russia - Russia, which positions itself as an enemy of all Western degeneracy - then it is working indeed.
2. Maybe it is time for all the freedom lovers to draw their attention to the great Middle Kingdom, embrace concentration camps for Muslims, and start learning Mandarin. Or Persian. There is no salvation in the whole Eastern Europe if American psychos can scare a Russian studio.
Or 3. They actually genuinely hold these beliefs because game devs tend to do that and have done this since video games were a thing. Tetris finds a place for every shape and size.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Well, it means 2 things:

1. Cancel culture works. Globally. If nutcases on the other side of the Pond influence a studio in the heart of Russia - Russia, which positions itself as an enemy of all Western degeneracy - then it is working indeed.
2. Maybe it is time for all the freedom lovers to draw their attention to the great Middle Kingdom, embrace concentration camps for Muslims, and start learning Mandarin. Or Persian. There is no salvation in the whole Eastern Europe if American psychos can scare a Russian studio.
Or 3. They actually genuinely hold these beliefs because game devs tend to do that and have done this since video games were a thing. Tetris finds a place for every shape and size.

Not for round pieces

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I understand that MCA and SJW are much more exciting than the game itself, but still: was anyone able to see the promised "interface for mods"?

CaesarCzech

Scholar
This whole shit has to do with Artists being made to feel special instead of simply being another kind of producer, Take Photographers for instance yeah there are some pretty amazing photos but they dont have fucking fanboys, That would be bad enough but a lot of these artists nowaday are less artists in showing you their opinions etc and more of preachers. Like How does metal gear show its opinions ? Well it doesnt yell WAR IS BAD SOLDIERS ARE MONSTERS, instead it just shows you the joy and comradeship the pain and suffering and while it has its own opinion the opinion is not the primary part its just part of the whole, they are showing it to you hoping but demanding you will agree.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I understand that MCA and SJW are much more exciting than the game itself, but still: was anyone able to see the promised "interface for mods"?

Finally got Angel Divine nuker up to the Spellbook and maddening combination of cool stuff and so much of the key features not working combined with basic shit no longer working makes it hard to stick with the beta.

Beaconhalo.jpg

So much cool Angel stuff, tho mythic progress is pretty slow. Be awhile before I get to this.

swordofheaven.jpg

Likewise Sword. A lot of outstanding stuff for both attacking and casting builds.

WavestransformationnoSR.jpg

Waves Mystery for Oracle randomly Baleful Polymorph as spell-like ability Revelation.

Yes, it does bypass SR.

morphgarg.jpg

This guy doesn't have SR anyway but most of the foes you'd use this against do.

PaladinitOff.jpg

Straight Paladin Seelah is extraordinarily resilient. And also gets Pet/Mount (can't cast or channel Mounted so makes it fairer).

BestowGrace.jpg

Also makes team more resilient, as long as you bring Good characters with high CHR. This team has three and Ember is another. If Aru ever goes Good she'd be one too.

DirgeBardability.jpg

Dirge Bard merc making good use of one of his distinctive abilities (traded Well-versed for it which also comes up a good bit so not all upside).

MercBard doing work.jpg

If you've taken on Brimoraks you know how good this is. Team has three Archon's Auras up which helps, as does Mythic Dazzling Display, but doesn't hurt that I'm playing Casual until hitting Angel.

summonreward.jpg
He REALLY likes this ring. If you can handle the big demon the cultists are summoning almost certainly a good idea to let them finish. 10% of all the EXP in the game up to this point.

Desiderius

Patron
MCOracleAngel (got Axe proficiency from Heritage) using Throwing Axe + Shield setup. As I up the difficulty will probably cast more/attack less but there are good Axes in this game:

DesnaAxe.jpg

As with a lot of the cool stuff so far it appears that proc isn't working yet.

angelwavesnukelvl10lvl5evospells.jpg

Confusion from Pranked Curse (Enchantment will eventually will get all the Feats that Evocation has via Mythic ability) but main reason I took Pranked was to get Mirror Image and... that isn't working. It's like they've intentionally turned off the abilities that are the reasons to play these classes/choose these options.

In any event nice synergy between Waves Mystery and Mythic Evocation Spell Focus. Extra Seeker caster feats going to Elemental Focus to get Icy Prison DC sky high.

Angelnuke10boltofjustice.jpg

But then Angel nukes end up being Conjuration? Not great synergy with rest of Divine spellbook (with a couple important exceptions like Chains of Light and I do have Glitterdust with tis set-up).

Of course all three of these spells are insane.

angelnuke10lvl6spellbookhymn.jpg

Likewise, more reason to go Enchantment Focus.

angelnuke10noSRnoimmunityFear.jpg

Even a Necromancy entry. And another one for Conjuration. This one turns on that Mythic ability that buffs your team if you damage them.

angelnuke10smite.jpg
Interesting that Seelah's pet isn't Good. May need to revisit Lann teleport and tank plan. Smite Blinds Evil Outsiders for a round but I think Demons aren't counting as Evil Outsiders currently since they subdivided them into three categories. This also turns off Aru's main ability (but Instant Enemy turns in back on - you get a double bonus).

Since whole build is about attacking Evil Outsiders guess it's time to call it a day again and find another game to play for awhile.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It doesn't work. Alt-M is already bound to muting the music, but even if you change the bindings for the mod window under controls (I tried Ctrl-Shift-M), it won't open.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, it means 2 things:

I think it's generally true that tech professionals tend to lean left as a whole.

In my experience libertarian and conservative leaning devs in the corporate field tend to be quite rare, I would assume that's even more true in games development as it's a "creative" field that attracts art types.

Delterius

Arcane
Well, it means 2 things:

Not for round pieces
gtfo with your fatphobia

TumblingTorin

Educated
What's casting stat each of the mythic paths? The spellbook screen doesn't show it like it does in Kingmaker.
I'm assuming Angel is WIS, Lich is INT,and Azata is CHA but I'm not sure about the others.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Well, it means 2 things:

I think it's generally true that tech professionals tend to lean left as a whole.

In my experience libertarian and conservative leaning devs in the corporate field tend to be quite rare, I would assume that's even more true in games development as it's a "creative" field that attracts art types.
In the dev shps I worked in, it was roughly 80/20 liberal to conservative. But I also was working in California, so those numbers would presumably be skewed compared to anywhere else.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, it means 2 things:

In the dev shps I worked in, it was roughly 80/20 liberal to conservative. But I also was working in California, so those numbers would presumably be skewed compared to anywhere else.

80/20 is my experience in the UK also. This is generally outside London as well. In London it's probably more like 95/5.

The team of devs I manage is insufferably liberal. For my own sanity I mostly stay out of their silly office conversations.

Sometimes I'll chuck in something to troll them mildly, like a remark about Zoe Quinn.

Desiderius

Patron
Well, it means 2 things:

This agenda and the people behind it aren’t left. There’s a whole different spectrum involved.

Younger devs don’t know what the fuck they are. Given their illiteracy and the shit education they were subjected to we’re lucky they aren’t cannibals.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
do you remember what is blightmaw's cmd?

Yes. This is Hard:

Blightmaw.jpg

Just before you start unlocking the good CMB-items so going to be a little steep getting there from that direction.

Desiderius

Patron
What's casting stat each of the mythic paths? The spellbook screen doesn't show it like it does in Kingmaker.
I'm assuming Angel is WIS, Lich is INT,and Azata is CHA but I'm not sure about the others.

Just got Angel with Oracle so better be CHR-based in merged spellbook. Guess I'll test tonight to see but playthrough running aground again on general non-functionality.

Can't access party (including inventory) now in common areas (like City) which is major pain.

purpleblob

Savant
Can't access party (including inventory) now in common areas (like City) which is major pain.

Desiderius Yeah you can - just press I or C again (if the 1st time it shows your PC only, trying second time should show list of all companions at city/hub)

Desiderius

Patron
I prefer playing mouse only and the buttons do NOT have that effect. The Gear button doesn’t even bring up the Save Menu.

purpleblob

Savant
I prefer playing mouse only and the buttons do NOT have that effect. The Gear button doesn’t even bring up the Save Menu.

It doesn't work for you? Hmm then something is seriously borked up - make sure you report it.

The trick for me was, press I (which shows PC portrait only) then exit that screen then press I again (which shows whole companions list).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom