Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silicon Dreams | cyberpunk interrogation (2021)

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ms-interrogate-androids-in-a-cyberpunk-future

Not to be confused with the text adventure trilogy from the 80s
Not to be confused with the 1989 nonfiction analysis of information processing by the director of Bell Labs
Not to be confused with the British game developer from the 90s

This is a new game about sci-fi interrogations, investigating humans, androids, and "deviant androids". I'm not sure what that all means but it looks neat, kind of a Papers Please-like except identifying emotions and programming instead of illegal passports.

subheader_01.gif

Investigate humans and androids in a corporate-controlled dystopian future where the lines between the real and the artificial have blurred to almost nothing. Research your subjects, choose your questions carefully, and probe for the truth, however dreadful it may be.

subheader_02.gif

Monitor interviewees’ emotions in real time - joy, sadness, anger, disgust, shock, and fear. Use this data to your advantage, intimidating, cajoling, or even befriending your subjects in order to to uncover more information.

subheader_03.gif

Choose a side in the midst of a brewing conflict: lie to your superiors and spare deviant androids, or condemn them to secure your own survival within the corporation. There are no easy answers. Silicon Dreams has multiple endings depending on the choices you make. Each android could live or die by your words.

I bought it, both to support the devs and because I want this kind of game, and intend to give it a try soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First impressions are very good.

The game immediately hits you with high stakes moral decisions, sympathetic characters, and fear of consequences with no do-overs.

The dialogue engine is impressive, with multiple questions in each of several branching subjects, and new questions unlocking logically over the course of a conversation, but if a subject gets too agitated or you don't cultivate enough trust, they may clam up and refuse to talk.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
This girl I know came up to me the other day, and asked if I wanted to have a look down her top. I happily obliged, and as I did this crazy looking nigger popped his head out from there, crossed his eyes, stuck his tongue out, and said "wibble"

I was taken aback somewhat, but she asked if I wanted another look. So I said yes and as she pulled down her top the same crazy nigger popped his head out and did exactly the same again. This time honking my nose whilst slapping his forehead.

She asked yet again if I'd like a final look. Hoping to finally see some tits this time, I said yes yet again. But nope, the nigger did exactly the same again, this time blowing a horn and pouring a jug of water all over his head as well.

I stopped and asked her "just what exactly is it you're showing me here woman?!?"

She replied "I've just had one of those Silly-coon implants"

:happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Zombra

Patron
Wow - this game doesn't pull punches. For my first playthrough, I tried to walk the tightrope between loyal drone and subversive idealist, but my foot slipped one too many times and I ended up in the interrogation chair myself. It's almost hard to play this at all because it's so dark and morally ambiguous. This is dystopian noir at its finest imo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom