Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam Open World Sale

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
Game looks interesting but my backlog is absurd. How did it sell if I may ask, always interesting

nlfortier

Esturia Games
Developer
Game looks interesting but my backlog is absurd. How did it sell if I may ask, always interesting

I have been happy with the sales. It's a niche audience, but I knew that going in. So far around 800 people have downloaded my game, which honestly exceeds my expectations. I'm not going to be quitting my day job anytime soon, but I had fun making it and it's given me a little extra disposable income.

Moaning_Clock

SmokeSomeFrogs
Developer
800 downloads = sales? Or was there a giveaways of some sort. 800 is a great number especially since it's only out for 3 months (although Steam states 20.3.2020 as release date but SteamDB says 2021 :'D) Congrats! :) Maybe the big sale pushes it over the 1000 mark.

nlfortier

Esturia Games
Developer
800 downloads = sales? Or was there a giveaways of some sort. 800 is a great number especially since it's only out for 3 months (although Steam states 20.3.2020 as release date but SteamDB says 2021 :'D) Congrats! :) Maybe the big sale pushes it over the 1000 mark.

Around half of those were pay-what-you-want downloads from itch.io, but even so, I'm pretty happy with the game's reception.

Congratulations OP. You successfully shamelessly plugged your game and got a total of... 1... 2... yeah 2 purchases out of it. That amounts to about 4 Costco Chicken Bakes.
I would have done the same.

Bought it and just finished it, nice little game you've made, I liked the fact that almost every quest item can be useful as pieces of equipement, this made me consider if I would just give them back to the NPCs or just betray them and keep it for myself.

The combat is simple but fun for the first half of the game, after that it starts to drag it down since by this point you have pretty much unlocked every skill unlocked and the only thing that changes with level is how much damage or the range they have which makes every combat encounter feel very samey, even more since the enemies' do not provide any significant ammount of variety.

The story is nothing interesting although it has some funny moments in some sidequests like the cow you can get as a party member, I wished the game would focus more on that kind of tone. The dungeons are fun but I would like to see more secret areas and more complex puzzles.

Pretty solid foundation you have there, hope you build upon it and create something great!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
In case you didn't know, Steam is having an Open World game sale for the next few days, with some great RPGs on the list:
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • The Witcher 2 & 3
  • Pillars of Eternity II
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Battle for Esturia
  • Stone Shard
  • Caves of Qud
  • Vagrus - The Riven Realms
Many of the games are 50% off or more, so if you want to get some good RPGs for cheap, now is the time.
:abyssgazer:

nlfortier

Esturia Games
Developer
Bought it and just finished it, nice little game you've made, I liked the fact that almost every quest item can be useful as pieces of equipement, this made me consider if I would just give them back to the NPCs or just betray them and keep it for myself.

The combat is simple but fun for the first half of the game, after that it starts to drag it down since by this point you have pretty much unlocked every skill unlocked and the only thing that changes with level is how much damage or the range they have which makes every combat encounter feel very samey, even more since the enemies' do not provide any significant ammount of variety.

The story is nothing interesting although it has some funny moments in some sidequests like the cow you can get as a party member, I wished the game would focus more on that kind of tone. The dungeons are fun but I would like to see more secret areas and more complex puzzles.

Pretty solid foundation you have there, hope you build upon it and create something great!

Thanks for the in-depth feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the game. It's true that the game would benefit from some more variety in terms of skills and enemies. Hopefully that's something I can improve upon in my next game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom