Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Very hard game

j5Kxwg1.jpg

This is the real man's achievement:

LSx9uzF.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
For an indie game they did a good job creating the background graphics and don’t seem to be reusing the same assets over and over again. The dialog sections are more in the so bad they’re good category though.
At one point they literally take the ghoul model, strip off the texture, slap a new name onto the creature, and just use it like that. A white 3D model without textures. Absolute madlads.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
so... thief archetype is basically spiderman healer when need arises? are there plenty of wands, scrolls and weird potions or did I chose wrong?

V_K

Arcane
are there plenty of wands, scrolls and weird potions or did I chose wrong?
Scrolls - yes, but the good one cost a fortune and require faction reputations. Potions are rarer. The only wands I've seen were spell foci.
Basically, your best course of action is to start your wizard craft scrolls for the thief.

jackofshadows

Magister
so... thief archetype is basically spiderman healer when need arises? are there plenty of wands, scrolls and weird potions or did I chose wrong?
If thief actually can use strong scrolls with his bonus action then he's far more powerful late game wise than the other two subclasses, especially darkweaver who basically just deal few extra damage points when he's above enemy. Shadowcaster surely has more defensive abilities but I'm not sure about damage potential, probably none.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This hold ALT business is getting on my nerves. Who thought it was a good idea to have the tooltips display no useful information unless you also hold down a modifier key?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
If thief actually can use strong scrolls with his bonus action then he's far more powerful late game wise than the other two subclasses, especially darkweaver who basically just deal few extra damage points when he's above enemy. Shadowcaster surely has more defensive abilities but I'm not sure about damage potential, probably none.
yeah thats basically my thinking, plus i love playing tricksters.
for now green mage and thief are mvps with their sneakery + jumping around and always having nice position.

btw how can I check why am I at disadvantage? Had 1 fight against lizards when my rog was always on some upper platform, yet through whole fight her shots were at disadvantage against every enemy

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
btw how can I check why am I at disadvantage? Had 1 fight against lizards when my rog was always on some upper platform, yet through whole fight her shots were at disadvantage against every enemy
In the combat log in the upper left corner, you should be able to hover your cursor over the "with disadvantage" written in red to understand why you rolled with disadvantage. Mind you, attacking from higher ground shouldn't give you advantage. The easiest explanation is that you were attacking enemies who were outside of your Darkvision range (or that you didn't have Darkvision at all, if your character is human).

This hold ALT business is getting on my nerves. Who thought it was a good idea to have the tooltips display no useful information unless you also hold down a modifier key?
They're trying to simulate the PnP experience as much as they can, so I'm just thankful they didn't force us to go through an entire handbook to get the information we need.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
In the combat log in the upper left corner, you should be able to hover your cursor over the "with disadvantage" written in red to understand why you rolled with disadvantage. Mind you, attacking from higher ground shouldn't give you advantage. The easiest explanation is that you were attacking enemies who were outside of your Darkvision range (or that you didn't have Darkvision at all, if your character is human).

island halfling so no darkvision afaik. that explains it... kind of sad about my build now

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Game is really good. One of best.

p.s. Be careful in game discord. Saying anything outside "i love transexuals/zoophiles/LGBT" and you will get flamed/ignored/trashtalked.
What is problem with Discord? Not first time i see it. Sodomites are like 1% of population but on Discord it feels like 90% of them are there.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

island halfling so no darkvision afaik. that explains it... kind of sad about my build now

You get a darkvision ring later, if you muck around in the city and do a sidequest there. Before you need to use torches or magic for light.
No darkvision will be fucking annoying for the next 5 hours, until you get a way around that.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They're trying to simulate the PnP experience as much as they can, so I'm just thankful they didn't force us to go through an entire handbook to get the information we need.
So alt is the "virtually look up information from your virtual handbook" button? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Not to mention that it can't even do that right. Want to know what a Scroll of Magicspell does? "Fuck you, press ALT." Fine, ALT is being pressed. "This scroll lets you cast Magicspell."
:hmmm:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
So alt is the "virtually look up information from your virtual handbook" button? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Explaining bugs and oversights with the game being faithful to a fault to the PnP experience becomes more fun the more you stretch it.

Sometimes you don't get the bonus from a spell or an ability? You just forgot about it while rolling.
The monster takes forever to take his turn? The DM is searching his sheet.
An ability doesn't work properly? The DM nerfed it.
The game crashes? The DM literally had a stroke.

I'm sorry, but this is what peak D&D performance looks like.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Sometimes you don't get the bonus from a spell or an ability? You just forgot about it while rolling.
The monster takes forever to take his turn? The DM is searching his sheet.
An ability doesn't work properly? The DM nerfed it.
The game crashes? The DM literally had a stroke.
Every character is ugly tranny? Lol, just look at people you are playing with.

Harthwain

Magister

Not to mention that it can't even do that right. Want to know what a Scroll of Magicspell does? "Fuck you, press ALT." Fine, ALT is being pressed. "This scroll lets you cast Magicspell."
:hmmm:
I agree - the game can be very unhelpful when it comes to providing you with information. I had to look up what versatility does for a weapon on a wikipedia dedicated to Solasta.

jackofshadows

Magister
I agree - the game can be very unhelpful when it comes to providing you with information. I had to look up what versatility does for a weapon on a wikipedia dedicated to Solasta.
Sometimes the game pulling the right tips out of... something on a loading screen - regarding versality, finesse, vision etc etc. But as far as I can tell they're not in the in-game tutorial section. There's also broken link to the official wiki, looks poor af.

Harthwain

Magister
Sometimes the game pulling the right tips out of... something on a loading screen - regarding versality, finesse, vision etc etc. But as far as I can tell they're not in the in-game tutorial section. There's also broken link to the official wiki, looks poor af.
Here is where I found what it does ("1d8 Piercing").

Here is where I found the explanation behind the damage numbers ("Versatile means that the weapon does more damage when used with both hands in a melee attack").

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Here is where I found what it does ("1d8 Piercing").

Here is where I found the explanation behind the damage numbers ("Versatile means that the weapon does more damage when used with both hands in a melee attack").
I know it's not the most elegant solution, but every term used in the game should be explained in the document you can reach through Journal -> Tutorial -> System Reference Document. It's sad that you have to rely on a document outside of the game and Pierre proved with KotC and KotC 2 that you can implement a functional "internal wiki" navigable in-game even while working on a budget, but at least it works.

Larianshill

Arbiter
New patch released. Amongst the fixes
  • Counterspell can now correctly fail when targeting spells above level 3
Oh yeah, I remember that bug. I was going to complain about it here.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
New patch released. Amongst the fixes
  • Counterspell can now correctly fail when targeting spells above level 3
Oh yeah, I remember that bug. I was going to complain about it here.
Counterspell is a weak man's trick. Face your opponents fair and square, and laugh at them when they're the ones to resort to this deplorable action.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom