Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Perkel

Arcane
Well it is new game. I guess for some folks this is huge but not for me.

The rumors were right then. Makes sense since Fortnite is having a NBA event.

Kingdom Hearts series at 33% discount, a bit bigger than the 25% I was expecting.

At 30%, Cyanide's Werewolf is eligible for the coupon.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
eXIrGip.png

Wow Borderlands 3 sure had a huge impact.
:hero:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
To be fair all other notable spikes are freebies (most of the new users probably won't spend money) while BL3 launch theoretically brought people who actually are willing to pay, even it's just for that one game.

Perkel

Arcane
Wow Borderlands 3 sure had a huge impact.

Free games will always give more new accounts than something you can buy. Even then BD3 datapoints shows accounts taht actually went and bought something.

Underlining everything is gta5 which completely skews numbers.

Gerrard

Arcane
Oh yeah, and Metro Exodus came out on February 19th 2019 and there isn't even an arrow for it.
"Best sales for the franchise!"
:lol::lol::lol:

Doktor Best

Arcane
WOW is that launcher one steaming pile of shit! I am actually amazed at this level of incompetence.

I want to move an Ubisoft game i bought on EGS to another harddrive. I can't simply move the install folder like in Steam with one click and a few moments of waiting. No, of course not, that would be convenient. I have to copy the games folder manually, put it somewhere else, delete the game, reinstall the game on the new install location, cancel the download at 2-3%, replace all the data and resume the installation process. Oh no, the reinstall process bugged because the launcher thinks the game is already installed and wants to run it from the old install folder so i have to reinstall EGS.

WOW seems like i'm in luck! The newly installed EGS launcher does the convoluted thing google hivemind tells me to do in order to do something super simple. But oh shit. Oh no. Now it wants to download 7GB again because it could not verify the exact data that it needs to run the game. Oh and now when i want to launch the game IT OPENS UP UPLAY BY ITSELF AND UPLAY ASKS ME WHERE I WANT TO FUCKING INSTALL THE GAME I ALREADY INSTALLED SO I LOOK UP WHAT TO DO AND IT TELLS ME TO UNINSTALL UPLAY SO IT:ASD:;KJLKJASDÖLKDFJALÖSDKFJÖL SKDJALÖKJDAS

Yeah fuck these imbecile chinaman cocksuckers. I'll just refund.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
WOW is that launcher one steaming pile of shit! I am actually amazed at this level of incompetence.

I want to move an Ubisoft game i bought on EGS to another harddrive. I can't simply move the install folder like in Steam with one click and a few moments of waiting. No, of course not, that would be convenient. I have to copy the games folder manually, put it somewhere else, delete the game, reinstall the game on the new install location, cancel the download at 2-3%, replace all the data and resume the installation process. Oh no, the reinstall process bugged because the launcher thinks the game is already installed and wants to run it from the old install folder so i have to reinstall EGS.

WOW seems like i'm in luck! The newly installed EGS launcher does the convoluted thing google hivemind tells me to do in order to do something super simple. But oh shit. Oh no. Now it wants to download 7GB again because it could not verify the exact data that it needs to run the game. Oh and now when i want to launch the game IT OPENS UP UPLAY BY ITSELF AND UPLAY ASKS ME WHERE I WANT TO FUCKING INSTALL THE GAME I ALREADY INSTALLED SO I LOOK UP WHAT TO DO AND IT TELLS ME TO UNINSTALL UPLAY SO IT:ASD:;KJLKJASDÖLKDFJALÖSDKFJÖL SKDJALÖKJDAS

BRO THE EA FAGPASS THING IS JUST AS SHIT

NO FUCKING OPTION TO UNINSTALL HAD TO USE CONTROL PANEL

LOLLLOL MY DAD SAID YEAH TGATS HOW YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO REMOVE SHIT LOLLLOLOL

IF YOUR GONNA EAT MY RAM AT LEAST BE FUNCTIINAL

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I find it interesting that the lack of Epic exclusive from this year's E3 so far. Probably because Xbox gives devs/pubs better deal with Game Pass without forcing exclusivity. Probably big companies now see that minimum guarantee is not worth for lost visibility by not releasing on Steam. There's reason why Epic is investing in their own publishing label I guess.

To be fair, it's also worth pointing out that there are increasing number of games do release both on Steam and EGS at the same time. (Still, there are more games that do Steam only release than do both I think.)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I find it interesting that the lack of Epic exclusive from this year's E3 so far. Probably because Xbox gives devs/pubs better deal with Game Pass without forcing exclusivity. Probably big companies now see that minimum guarantee is not worth for lost visibility by not releasing on Steam. There's reason why Epic is investing in their own publishing label I guess.

To be fair, it's also worth pointing out that there are increasing number of games do release both on Steam and EGS at the same time. (Still, there are more games that do Steam only release than do both I think.)

Also, if the leaked epic trial docs were to be believed, M$ has a good working relationship with Steam and Gabe.

Makes sense considering Gabe is ex M$ himself.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well it makes sense,epic is just shit service and their business model is also retarded. There is a good reason why they were going to go bankrupt just before they lucked out and fortnight got popular. That is why the petty faggot in charge wants to destroy steam,he is really butthurt,and that is why their business will fail in the end.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They revealed how much they paid for a few games' exclusivity and freebies right? I think that made a lot of devs reconsider the number they want, since Epic clearly overpaid for a few (Borderlands 3) and lowballed others. Going EGS exclusivity is a publicity stunt that creates more hassle than benefit, while getting on Game Pass not only net you big bucks from M$ but also exposure thus increased copy sales. I feel like the only games that go exclusive are the ones that publisher doesn't have much faith in PC audience (like Sonic Colors).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom