Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Creep forward in a zone, see a bunch of goblins hiding among some ruins with multiple spellcasters and archers standing on pillars and shit, have wizard cast fly on the fighter and tastefully rape the lot of them. Gobbos on the ground getting sneak attacked the same instant the fighter flies in like a super hero and starts clobbering goblins left and right. Difficult encounter? No. Fun? Yes. :bounce:
Kind of a shame fly is a concentration spell so I couldn't just swoop in with the entire party. That said I do like the concentration mechanic on spells EXCEPT that it's another case where the game's incentivizing nukes, but eh. Probably for the best that it's not another D&D game where I just want to spam haste 24/7. Especially since you get that lethargic debuff when the wizard gets clobbered and loses concentration.
btw how can I check why am I at disadvantage? Had 1 fight against lizards when my rog was always on some upper platform, yet through whole fight her shots were at disadvantage against every enemy
In the combat log in the upper left corner, you should be able to hover your cursor over the "with disadvantage" written in red to understand why you rolled with disadvantage. Mind you, attacking from higher ground shouldn't give you advantage. The easiest explanation is that you were attacking enemies who were outside of your Darkvision range (or that you didn't have Darkvision at all, if your character is human).

island halfling so no darkvision afaik. that explains it... kind of sad about my build now

You get a darkvision ring later, if you muck around in the city and do a sidequest there. Before you need to use torches or magic for light.
No darkvision will be fucking annoying for the next 5 hours, until you get a way around that.
That sidequest is related to the lowlife background though, so Luka's gotta have a lowlife to be able to get it.
New patch released.
Unfortunately I don't see mention of fixing that fucking manual of wisdom. Was my biggest piece of loot from the dark castle

Larianshill

Arbiter
It's not the final boss.

HDucIJn.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Btw, Larianshill, I finally found something more fun than watching the enemies die against a Guardian Spirits: watching them die against TWO Guardian Spirits.

If you have nothing better to do with that spare Primed Longsword in your inventory, the Wardenblade is a good weapon to use in your secondary configuration with a shield, especially considering that you can swap configurations for free so you can walk around with that + a shield and then switch to the two-handed weapon as soon as it's your turn.

Anonona

Learned
I cant start the campaign.
Game starts, i create chars, select my party etc and begin campaign.
It loads, and then when I click the screen just goes black.

What is the issue here? Do i need to get a later patch from gog?

There is a workaround to bypass the intro and start the game

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1096530/discussions/1/2998794978528957168/?snr=1_5_9_

Had the same issue, just erased the intro cinematic file (not before making a backup in another folder) and the game starts. You can watch the video on any multimedia player.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
0n0ASeE.png

Who were you writing to, Ontopoly? WHO? TELL ME GOD DAMN IT!

An open letter to the world of Solasta,

Have you all ever noticed the plain ground upon which you walk, untainted by pools of fire and poison? Have you ever noticed the comforting lack of barrels around every corner? If they existed, surely you would wonder where they came from. Are you aware of your blessings? Or do you take them all for granted? Consider Verticality. We take it as a given, a natural part of our world; it seems strange to think that it just as easily not have been; what would a world be without verticality? Consider our ability to react to that which happens around us, and how inept we might find ourselves without this ability.

With all the harshness of our reality and the looming threats from the rift, we must all take comfort in the fact that we are actually blessed. What is a Cataclysm compared to the passionless and soulless manifestation wrought on by the mind of a pathetic man, attempting to cobble together a world based on a shallow understanding of worlds that came before?

I have traveled amongst the worlds and have seen things that would shock our logical understandings of how such a world as ours should exist. And I have come to let this world know that it is fortunate, and rich, and must be grateful for the basic and fundamental building blocks that make up our lives. Believe me when I tell you that it could be much worse, and follow me in my cause. We must propagate and stay true to our ideals. Enforce our ideals for they are righteous; and if not us, then it is the unfortunate alternative that will take over.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game is weird. When I shoot an arrow at a Fire Elemental -> it's okay, it takes full damage, even though the description says "rezistant to piercing, slashing and blah blah blah damage"

BUT

when I cast Annoying Bee... all of the sudden the same Fire Elemental is now rezistant to piercing damage, and (haha) takes only half damage (which is like half of 1d3 or 1d4, who cares?)

So is this spaghetti code shenanigans, or is this 5th edition D&D shenanigans? Enlighten me.

Bah

Arcane
This game is weird. When I shoot an arrow at a Fire Elemental -> it's okay, it takes full damage, even though the description says "rezistant to piercing, slashing and blah blah blah damage"

BUT

when I cast Annoying Bee... all of the sudden the same Fire Elemental is now rezistant to piercing damage, and (haha) takes only half damage (which is like half of 1d3 or 1d4, who cares?)

So is this spaghetti code shenanigans, or is this 5th edition D&D shenanigans? Enlighten me.

Arrows are piercing damage in 5e. If piercing resistance isn't being applied, it's a bug.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

BUT

Arrows are piercing damage in 5e. If piercing resistance isn't being applied, it's a bug.
What if the arrows doesn't go straight in, but hits in a way that it slashes the creatures arm then continues to fly past?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What if the arrows doesn't go straight in, but hits in a way that it slashes the creatures arm then continues to fly past?
Ontopoly, I hate you. Your raging hate boner for Larian is something I hate, because I hate putting emotions in any sort of relationship with any developer, but...

*SIGH* *GROAN*

... you make a fair assumption.

And so... luckily I cast Identify Creatures on that Fire Elemental, because I suffer from autism, and I love to have full bestiary entries, and so - behold in spoilers - it's full description:

Fire Elemental Full Bestiary Stats.jpg

So... no. Rezistant to slashing damage as well. But nice try.

Are you sure you're using regular arrows and not some special ones?
Regular arrows. My autism does not allow me to use any special arrows unless the boss uses Legendary Actions, or it's an otherwise extraordinary boss/end-game boss.

V_K

Arcane
Yeah, checked it out, really funny. One of my chars has braces of archery that give +2 on damage rolls - and that bonus damage is affected by the elemental's resistance, while the damage from the bow itself isn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom