Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
which way, rpg man?
seelahfemalepaladin-pathfinder-wiki-guide.png
Oh no! Spooky black people. Protect me daddy Swen.
Always knew you were black. Infinitron Give Ontoposh*t a BLM tag.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw why paladin shaneekwa not wearing helmet? I thought she had seen what happens to paladins without helmets after she stole one. Not learning animal.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Solasta failed and now codex peasants trying to cope with Pathfinder, pathetic.

Those gopniks from Owlcuck don't know what it takes to make a true RPG masterpiece.

Just look at this sh*t, nobody likes it besides some codex autists.

vWHPqhp.png

I bet Wrath of the Cuck won't score much higher...
WoW you are old,still uses metacritic,what an oldfag.

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Those gopniks from Owlcuck don't know what it takes to make a true RPG masterpiece.

vWHPqhp.png

WoW you are old,still use metacritic,what an oldfag.
What metric should we use then?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

vWHPqhp.png

WoW you are old,still use metacritic,what an oldfag.
What metric should we use then?
My erection levels :smug:. At the moment they are highest for Vagrus - The Riven Realms! Metrics are useless,one,,,or two game wins a codexian goty once a year,and that is good enough for me. In competitive life there is only one winner and the rest are losers. Why should we care about outside opinions,especially the ones of journo scum?

Zeriel

Arcane
you can always reduce kingdom difficulty to make up for it.

Same goes for the "bad" stats on the preset characters too, you can just play around it. Truth is the "default" statblocks for enemies are retarded too, if someone wants the tabletop experience they should turn down some of the difficulty options, at least that's how it was at release. The "core" rules were not core at all, they were like +8 over tabletop, which is insane.

I guess you can say that's Owlcat's fault, but they do offer you the tools to easily fix it in the settings, so I don't really see it as a problem when the rest of the game is ten times better than their competitors.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Same goes for the "bad" stats on the preset characters too, you can just play around it. Truth is the "default" statblocks for enemies are retarded too, if someone wants the tabletop experience they should turn down some of the difficulty options, at least that's how it was at release. The "core" rules were not core at all, they were like +8 over tabletop, which is insane.

I guess you can say that's Owlcat's fault, but they do offer you the tools to easily fix it in the settings, so I don't really see it as a problem when the rest of the game is ten times better than their competitors.
Muh tabletop rules and shit,people should mess around with the glorious amount of options and play as they see fit. In the end the point is to enjoy the fucking game,not to play some stupid rules and be miserable,to each their own in the end tho.

Zeriel

Arcane

Muh tabletop rules and shit,people should mess around with the glorious amount of options and play as they see fit. In the end the point is to enjoy the fucking game,not to play some stupid rules and be miserable,to each their own in the end tho.

Yeah in the end I agree. I even encourage people to use cheatengine or an editor if it's bothering them that much, especially in games like AoD where people will complain they love the story but hate the savescumming. But I know the people making these arguments expect some mythical perfect balance and don't want to have to "taint" the experience. Hence why I think them giving you the tools via the difficulty sliders is good enough, you don't even have to go outside the system they gave you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah in the end I agree. I even encourage people to use cheatengine or an editor if it's bothering them that much, especially in games like AoD where people will complain they love the story but hate the savescumming. But I know the people making these arguments expect some mythical perfect balance and don't want to have to "taint" the experience. Hence why I think them giving you the tools via the difficulty sliders is good enough, you don't even have to go outside the system they gave you.
I agree,tho you will steel need good amount of cheat mods for kingmaker. I found encumbrance really annoying also time pushing.Don't really see the argument of tainting the experience for a modern game. It is not like game are carefully hand crafted with unique encounters and skill level needed. For older games like deusex or might and magic i would agree that people should play them vanilla before going for mods or cheats or what eva. But modern day rpgs are not like that,they lack the creative spark. They are for all intend and purposes....a consumer product.

Saravan

Savant
After more than a year since visiting here I see that Fanta and Ontopoloy are still here crying everyday about BG3. Haven't seen such dedicated butthurt in a long time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
After more than a year since visiting here I see that Fanta and Ontopoloy are still here crying everyday about BG3. Haven't seen such dedicated butthurt in a long time.
:deathclaw:
Well you just got in the right moment,haven't shatted on this garbage in months. Geee i miss DraQueen,shame that he got stabbed by a raging homosexual pakistani in Brussels during an illegal sex orgy.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you didn't care, you wouldn't post.
ToEE crashed on me 3 times at the Balrog fight. 4th time it didn't. Beat it. But then I didn't replay it for ~10 years just because of that.

The only difference is the Internet. It, now, keeps track of stuff like this. I bet you 10 years from now P:K will be praised, and no one will remember the 9months where it ran like a trashbin.

And to reply to Rusty too, because I don't care to double-post: I will play BG 3 when it comes out, and much like Solasta or WotR, God save its soul for how hard I'm going to disect it. :)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If you didn't care, you wouldn't post.
ToEE crashed on me 3 times at the Balrog fight. 4th time it didn't. Beat it. But then I didn't replay it for ~10 years just because of that.

The only difference is the Internet. It, now, keeps track of stuff like this. I bet you 10 years from now P:K will be praised, and no one will remember the 9months where it ran like a trashbin.

And to reply to Rusty too, because I don't care to double-post: I will play BG 3 when it comes out, and much like Solasta or WotR, God save its soul for how hard I'm going to disect it. :)
Even as a buggy mess kingmaker was great fun,a lot of funny shitposting in that thread :smug:. Ahhh the good old times.

rojay

Scholar
If he gives me a BLM tag he should give you a 'gimmick account' tag. I would tell him to give you a larian cultist tag but I see you already have it.

Either way, you fucking suck.

I cannot get into this game. I will try again at some point when I have no other options, but I bounced off it like I did Divinity: Original Sin. It's pretty, and that's good, but every time I think about firing it back up I just find something else to do. I'm honestly not sure what it is, because I think I disliked D:OS due to the "humor" and that's not really in this game. I didn't like the mechanics in D:OS either, but I didn't give it more than a dozen hours, so I don't feel comfortable judging it on that basis. And that's also not what turns me off BG3. I just don't really enjoy playing it. I don't enjoy fighting with the camera or trying to corral my party. I don't like the story - at least so far - and I don't like the NPCs I can recruit.

I have other games to play now, so maybe I'll give it a shot six months after it releases? Hopefully KotC2 comes out in the interim.

Also, I highly recommend everyone take advantage of the option to "ignore" posters if you find that their contributions to the discussion are more often than not irrelevant to the topic. I have a feeling that if more people who actually just want to discuss the games did that, it would make this place a hell of a lot better. Don't feed the people who live for forum drama and they'll starve to death.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
If he gives me a BLM tag he should give you a 'gimmick account' tag. I would tell him to give you a larian cultist tag but I see you already have it.

Either way, you fucking suck.

I cannot get into this game. I will try again at some point when I have no other options, but I bounced off it like I did Divinity: Original Sin. It's pretty, and that's good, but every time I think about firing it back up I just find something else to do. I'm honestly not sure what it is, because I think I disliked D:OS due to the "humor" and that's not really in this game. I didn't like the mechanics in D:OS either, but I didn't give it more than a dozen hours, so I don't feel comfortable judging it on that basis. And that's also not what turns me off BG3. I just don't really enjoy playing it. I don't enjoy fighting with the camera or trying to corral my party. I don't like the story - at least so far - and I don't like the NPCs I can recruit.

I have other games to play now, so maybe I'll give it a shot six months after it releases? Hopefully KotC2 comes out in the interim.

Also, I highly recommend everyone take advantage of the option to "ignore" posters if you find that their contributions to the discussion are more often than not irrelevant to the topic. I have a feeling that if more people who actually just want to discuss the games did that, it would make this place a hell of a lot better. Don't feed the people who live for forum drama and they'll starve to death.

Knights of the chalice 2 is out.

Swen is the worst. I agree that You should ignore him. People like him with their gimmick accounts want nothing more than to disrupt the conversations here. If it was up to me, they would be ignored by default.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom