Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which was, over all, the best of the Infinity Engine games?

• Baldur's Gate (1998) + Tales of the Sword Coast (1999)

• Planescape: Torment (1999)

• Icewind Dale (2000) + Heart of Winter (2001)

• Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (2000) + Throne of Bhaal (2001)

• Icewind Dale II (2002)

• Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (2012) + Siege of Dragonspear (2016)

• Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (2013)

• Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition (2017)

• The Imoen Romance Modification (King & Comrade)

• They were all irredeemable garbage. An ill omen of things to come.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fork

Sooo looking at the stats,it seems that rusty is our only retard...for now.

Indeed he seems to be. Or maybe he's just the one really desperate attention whore for now.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I've discussed The Imoen Romance Modification before:

I install one shit mod every play-through just to see a train wreck and this is the one I used my last run. It is literally the stupidest, most self-important, irritating mod I've ever used. There are dozens of non-skipable cut scenes that have charname and Imoen slowing walking across fields or forests then long inane conversation then more walking so you cannot just skip over all the shit. I started to dread when the romance music started because it meant another 5 minutes of trash. And every time you bone Imoen Jahereia pipes in with how disgusting incest is. Bitch you sucked my dick a few days after you husband died last game. Not even sure how the story ends because I ran out of steam half way through ToB (as usual).

Would install again.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Indeed he seems to be. Or maybe he's just the one really desperate attention whore for now.
What is the difference? I haven't seen a smart attention whore,have you ?

Well, most retards are kinda smart. But if if you ask like that, Lilura and Roqua kinda qualify, for example.
LoL no retards are retards,only holywood films they are smart or some such shit lol. Also lilura is a special case,she is enjoyable also a woman. Rogqua is fat jogger retard that most likely died a year ago. So you are reinforcing me point.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
I posted Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (2000) + Throne of Bhaal (2001), but I meant BG 2 EE

Although Siege of Dragonspear is p epic and a nice addition to the core original game.

Beamdog :love:

Last edited:

fork

What is the difference? I haven't seen a smart attention whore,have you ?

Well, most retards are kinda smart. But if if you ask like that, Lilura and Roqua kinda qualify, for example.
LoL no retards are retards,only holywood films they are smart or some such shit lol. Also lilura is a special case,she is enjoyable also a woman. Rogqua is fat jogger retard that most likely died a year ago. So you are reinforcing me point.

Haha, that's why I love you, you're one enjoyable slav, lel.

Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter for me, but it was a hard choice. Best combat, smart villains and a great atmosphere.

Torment has the best writing and it's not even close. Baldur's Gate has a great early game but feels like the Walt Disney World of D&D. Has every cliche you'd expect to see. Baldur's Gate II suffers from a lack of C&C and a main plot that really has nothing to do with anything. TOB was rushed but felt pretty grand with all the goings on and the music was fantastic. IWD II also had a great early game and was also at risk to have the best villains in the lot. Too bad they lazily reused Dragon's Eye and the Severed Hand and kind of whiffed the overall motivations of the twins. Not enough development there.

Last edited:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'd vote for BG 2 without the horrible Throne of Bhaal were it possible, but since it's not, I've gotta go with PST.

Gargaune

Magister
I'd vote for BG 2 without the horrible Throne of Bhaal were it possible, but since it's not, I've gotta go with PST.
So you wanted more granularity in the poll? At that rate, BG2's gonna get more splits than a megathread at an Infinitron convention.

MrMarbles

Cipher
BG2 is probably the most complete game on the list, and the one that objectively sticks out as the best recommendation to anyone who hasn't tried IE games.

Still I vote BG1, because of the feelz.

Maxie

let it be known far and wide that whoever has voted for planescape torment is free to pack his belongings and vacate the website, otherwise i shall go after them

Ventidius

Arbiter
It's hard for me to choose between Shadows of Amn and Icewind Dale, as I count both among my favorite RPGs. I ended up voting for BG2 though, mostly due to the fact that I've finished it more times.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I bought Baldur's Gate II not knowing what it was on my 10th birthday, just before we went to see the Dungeons and Dragons movie in cinema's. It blew my mind at that age and I've replayed it several times since then.

I know some of you have unending love for Torment, but BG2 balances combat and story a lot better.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I bought Baldur's Gate II not knowing what it was on my 10th birthday, just before we went to see the Dungeons and Dragons movie in cinema's. It blew my mind at that age and I've replayed it several times since then.

I know some of you have unending love for Torment, but BG2 balances combat and story a lot better.
You are too rational for this place. :lol:

Tigranes

Arcane
What are you people talking about, there is only one game, "Infinity Engine", and I replay it every year starting from Candlekeep and right through to Isair and Madae

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm i just noticed something about people that hate IE games...

ga2LVk6.jpg

Nah it must be a coincidence,right!?

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Most of us who detest Bioware and the Infinity Engine similarly despise all derivative games that shared in and expanded the decline wrought by Bioware, including Pillars of Eternity which was the brainchild of the Apostle of Decline, who claims that Wizardry and similar games are not RPGs.

:nofunallowed:

DemonKing

Arcane
Amazing how the title in the lead was more of a book than a game...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom