Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game certainly runs smoother
due to my recent massive hardware upgrade
:nocountryforshitposters:
O woh,such an amazing technical achievement for a top down tb rpg with mediocre graphic to run ok on a 4k pc. Have no idea ho someone as smart as you managed to get on the staff....i am amazed.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Wow. Crispy Crunch is legit here.

As for the bios.. I have no clue.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
fanta dumbass said:
O woh,such an amazing technical achievement for a top down tb rpg with mediocre graphic to run ok on a 4k pc. Have no idea ho someone as smart as you managed to get on the staff....i am amazed.

You are aware that other Unity-based games (such as Might & Magic X and Pillars of Eternity) can run like pure dogshit on even the most powerful gaming rigs, right?

Well, it seems these guys wrung the most out of the engine they could because that's just not the case with Solasta.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fanta dumbass said:

You are aware that other Unity-based games (such as Might & Magic X and Pillars of Eternity) can run like pure dogshit on even the most powerful gaming rigs, right?

Well, it seems these guys wrung the most out of the engine they could because that's just not the case with Solasta.
Yes crispo,i do know that run a super computer that could run those great beast from half a decade ago,geee i feel like a king. They heat up a bit the vcard and that is it lol. If it can run fine one me 580,it could run fine on latest garbage card made by nvidia lol,stop being such a drama whore.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I see a lot of complaints about the blocky UI, how it's far too large and ugly. I say bullshit.

The UI is not evocative of the game you're playing. It makes the game look cheap and boring. Even if it was something generic like a stone wall background or whatever it'd at least be a step up from grey nothingness.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is the real man's achievement:

LSx9uzF.png
24293.jpg
:M

I got the achievement when playing around with melee builds.
Of course, my actual party has a dwarf cleric, as in every other game where there's an option to make one.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
im in library and there is a chest that i cant reach. My halfling thief with jump spel boost cant get there. Levitate allows only movement up and down right? Misty step doesnt appear to reach there

You can enable air targeting by holding shift, or clicking that thing in the middle of the minimap, bottom right corner. Then target the air, above the ground with misty step. If you have your misty step user standing on the arch above (need jump to reach), you can safely make the warp. You will take some fall damage but that is ok.
They nerfed the loot in there tho, it is just a ring of frost resist. Neat to have, but not mandatory.
Air targeting is really important for throwing some funky 300 IQ fireballs later, which hit all enemies and none of your guys due to fucky angles and spheres.

Of course, my actual party has a dwarf cleric, as in every other game where there's an option to make one.

My whole party is dwarves!

aaAcgv0.jpg

lycanwarrior

Scholar
The hardest part of the game is the very first dungeon with all the soraks. After that, the game gets progressively easier.

After playing a bit more, the dungeon with the Soraks was so much out of sync with the difficulty curve, that I think they want you to get level 3 after the first fight down there by encountering two random encounters on the way to the dungeon.
I don't think the fight on the pillars was balanced for level 2, because on higher difficulties that turns into some Knights of the Chalice tier bullshit.
fanta dumbass said:

Yeah, it was weird lowering the settings for the shadows/lighting and practically made no difference to the frame rate.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
They nerfed the loot in there tho, it is just a ring of frost resist. Neat to have, but not mandatory.
in the end I found somewhere fly scroll and looted that chest. Had bag of holding actually

aaaand... max lvl is 10?
Look on the bright side: you're gonna be able to experience the thrill of planning a character build you're never going to play because the campaign is going to end sooner than you expect.

GOTY 2021
yeah im no longer happy with my rog. Not only still lacks infravision but also class features proved to be less cool. Thought that expanded jump range is a huge deal but whats the point if in the end fly spells are still required? Now I cant use scrolls too. Sure it was supposed to be for special occasions but still... I guess spider rogue is better after all.
As for my island halfling... wtf are acrobatics checks anyway? Cant seem to trigger those

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
wtf are acrobatics checks anyway?

Most common ones are the roll you make when you resist someone pushing or grappling you. Not a bad bonus to have.
I think the rogue with the shadow teleport is the strongest one, but rogue subclasses are not that important overall. The good stuff on rogues is the sneak attack, cunning action, high skill rolls and the defensive abilities you get on lvl 5 and 7 (strangely with both their ability to evade damage from saves and half the one from attack rolls they make decent off-tanks)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've never grappled or shoved anyone once in the whole game.

I think I used a shove during the tutorial to push a wolf off the cliff. It is pretty cool that they put possibilities like that in.

Also unrelated to the game, but does 5E have a cap on falling damage? I believe both Pathfinder and 3.5 have a cap of 20d6 for falling damage, so a toughish character (anyone with more than 120hp) amusingly simply cannot die from falling damage alone, no matter how far they fall.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've never grappled or shoved anyone once in the whole game.

I think I used a shove during the tutorial to push a wolf off the cliff. It is pretty cool that they put possibilities like that in.

I use shove action all the time.
There are enough places with "bottomless" pits, that let you instakill enemies.
Worked wonders in that "imperial tower" side-quest battle with skeletons, for example.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
rolling with disadvantage
evil priest is prone

ranged attacks against enemy flat on the ground are hard?
Apart from cover (which still gives a flat bonus to AC and Dexterity saving throws), most of what in previous editions gave bonuses or penalties to something now gives advantage or disadvantage. In 3.x, prone creatures had +4 to AC against ranged attacks.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
rolling with disadvantage
evil priest is prone

ranged attacks against enemy flat on the ground are hard?
Apart from cover (which still gives a flat bonus to AC and Dexterity saving throws), most of what in previous editions gave bonuses or penalties to something now gives advantage or disadvantage. In 3.x, prone creatures had +4 to AC against ranged attacks.
quite funny though if im attacking directly from above

in other news i completed lowlife background quest and received coins, no infravision ring

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom