Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter SKALD: Against the Black Priory - retro RPG inspired by Ultima - coming May 30th

Sacibengala

Prophet
Good to see that gogs over that "it's too niche we're going to have to decline it" for old school styled rpgs phase.

Or at least toned down whatever those requirements were.
They denied Realms of Antiquity, recently. Like one week ago or something.
Seriously? They denied RoA?? That's another low point for GOG's more and more questionable policies. And I thought they couldn't sink any deeper... well fuck them!

It does baffle me that Nox Archaist got on gog but Realms of Antiquity didn't but whatever least steam pretty much accepts any game or the dev can just sell it off their own website.
But regional prices really helps. Me, for instance, would have not bought it if wasn't for that. Nox I got on GOG, like everything else oldschool, but unfortunately, I had to get RoA on Steam.

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
To be fair, I've no idea if GoG has rejected RoA or not, but all the indicators are they have. They just mark my submission as "solved" with no other information anytime I post a query there. And their email when I did the submission said if hadn't heard back in two weeks I should consider it a rejection.

My guess is the lack of a Kickstarter or large commercial presence was the culprit.

One question: Will the game be released this summer or will it be only Early Access? And if EA: When - approximately - will the game be fully released? I'm a bit confused with all this new-fashioned EA/Games in Development-stuff. Too old to understand these concepts I guess.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
It will be early access, with this current schedule :
the game is expected to leave Early Access within 6 to 12 months.
Thanks CryptRat. I really thought the game would be fully released this year. Anyway, enough other stuff to play until then I guess (I don't like playing games before they are complete). ;)
I was hoping for that too since the planned release date was back in 2020, but I'm playing the latest build right now and I think the delays were for the better.

Sinatar

Arbiter
Yea dropping this on the same day Solasta goes live seems like a fantastic way to have your demo get completely ignored.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So just to be clear, this thing is a teaser for the prologue, which comes out soon, which comes before Early Access, which comes out later this year, which comes before the full release which comes out later later this year?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom