Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
found your succubi waifu within the Temple of Elemental Evil.

If she is not bound to permanently serve and worship me, she is not my waifu. She can be a good one night companion, but not a waifu. hu3hu3 just kidding.

Anyway, Why I love OwlCat?

Larian : "spell slots aren't intuitive"
OwlCat : "Pick this two spellbooks on the vancian magical system. Manage spell memorization, caster level, spell penetration, concentration, etc; for two classes, one leveling with XP and other with milestone leveling which has a separated system with unique feats. And here is a pet unique for your class where you can customize and level up as any character"
RjbrQff.jpg

tm1U1UB.jpg

Larian : "Tier 6 spells are too OP, so we will have lv cap = 10 for balancefaggotry reasons" and lets ignore that all non evocation spells are ultra nerfed on 5e
OwlCat : "Reach lv 20/10 mythic on a campaign and cast hundreds of spells per rest with abundant casting"

Larian : "Unlimited rests. Teleport to the camp, rest and teleport back"
OwlCat : "Resting build corruption which inflicts severely penalty on your party"

Larian : Launches a Early Access game with 7 Classes
OwlCat : Launches a Early Access game with 25 base classes and hundreds of archgetypes

Larian : CAn't make even firebolt right
OwlCat : Makes amazing mythic paths and the best implementation of Lichdoom ever.

Larian : Awful companions like Astarion
OwlCat : Amazing companions like Arueshalae, the Bow Goddess

---------------

I really wish that I could play the full game. Anyone datamined how the lich transformation will gonna be? And why I can't find info about the Dragon mythic path?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, Aru's Favored Enemy isn't doing anything (unless you cast Instant Enemy, which works double!) because it still says Evil Outsiders but they moved Demons from Evil Outsiders to their own subcategories.

Given that her special archetype gives up the Pet for Hunter's Bond to share her favored Enemy with the group that's kind of a big deal.

Sykar

Arcane
Well, Aru's Favored Enemy isn't doing anything (unless you cast Instant Enemy, which works double!) because it still says Evil Outsiders but they moved Demons from Evil Outsiders to their own subcategories.

Given that her special archetype gives up the Pet for Hunter's Bond to share her favored Enemy with the group that's kind of a big deal.

Frankly that is plain stupid. Demons were always evil outsiders in 3.5 to my knowledge.

Desiderius

Patron

Frankly that is plain stupid. Demons were always evil outsiders in 3.5 to my knowledge.

They've got some interesting telephone going on between design, implementation, and testing.

TumblingTorin

Educated
What's casting stat each of the mythic paths? The spellbook screen doesn't show it like it does in Kingmaker.
I'm assuming Angel is WIS, Lich is INT,and Azata is CHA but I'm not sure about the others.

Just got Angel with Oracle so better be CHR-based in merged spellbook. Guess I'll test tonight to see but playthrough running aground again on general non-functionality.
Were you able to find out if merging spellbooks allows it to use charisma? There's a mod that came out in the nexus that allows you to change the casting stat of a mythic.
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/3
Seems like the default casting stat for each mythics are.
Angel - Wisdom
Aeon - Charisma
Azata - Charisma
Demon - Charisma
Lich - Intelligence
Trickster - Charisma

It seems like not merging spellbooks makes it default to the the mythic's casting stat.
Since Bloodrager can't merge books, I did some tests (using only the Toybox mod) by modify my stats to see how each stat effects casting. This list seems accurate.
Also, increasing your casting stat does not seem to increase the amount of spells you can cast for mythics.
I have not tried merging spellbooks yet so I was wondering if you knew.

Codex Year of the Donut

If she is not bound to permanently serve and worship me, she is not my waifu. She can be a good one night companion, but not a waifu. hu3hu3 just kidding.

OwlCat : "Pick this two spellbooks on the vancian magical system. Manage spell memorization, caster level, spell penetration, concentration, etc; for two classes, one leveling with XP and other with milestone leveling which has a separated system with unique feats. And here is a pet unique for your class where you can customize and level up as any character"
RjbrQff.jpg

tm1U1UB.jpg

Larian : "Tier 6 spells are too OP, so we will have lv cap = 10 for balancefaggotry reasons" and lets ignore that all non evocation spells are ultra nerfed on 5e
OwlCat : "Reach lv 20/10 mythic on a campaign and cast hundreds of spells per rest with abundant casting"

OwlCat : "Resting build corruption which inflicts severely penalty on your party"

OwlCat : Launches a Early Access game with 25 base classes and hundreds of archgetypes

OwlCat : Makes amazing mythic paths and the best implementation of Lichdoom ever.

---------------

I really wish that I could play the full game. Anyone datamined how the lich transformation will gonna be? And why I can't find info about the Dragon mythic path?
absolutely obsessed lmao
:swen:

Desiderius

Patron
This is why conservatards are so useless. All they care about is imaginary pwns instead of ever doing anything productive.

Oracle merge gets CHR-based Angel and also gets high level Oracle spells (way) ahead of schedule, including Mystery spells where Cleric only gets the Domain slot.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems like the default casting stat for each mythics are.
Angel - Wisdom
Aeon - Charisma
Azata - Charisma
Demon - Charisma
Lich - Intelligence
Trickster - Charisma

Too much CHA based casting. IMO should be :

• Angel = WIS or CHA, the highest one
  • Aeon = WIS or INT, the highest one
  • AZATA = CHA or INT, the highest one
  • Demons = STR or CON, the highest one.
  • Lich = INT or WIS, the highest one
  • Trickster = CHA or DEX, the highest one.
Aeon scaling with CHA makes no sense IMO. CHA is force of personality, beauty, willpower, etc. Aeons reinforce reality and are lawful. CHA works better for chaotic mythic paths, but should't be a attribute for a lawful neutral mythic path. Demons, I would prefer if I could be a demonologist, but seems like most people wanna demon to be a martial focused mythic path hence STR/CON in the demoniac powers makes more sense. Lich, a Death Cleric should be able to become a Lich too and scale with his WIS, a Wizard Lich, scale with INT. Trickster should scale with DEX since a dexterous trickster makes sense on the arquetype.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Whole game is massively CHR flooded.

Trickster should be INT since skills based. Demon STR based would be cool. Azata DEX, Lich CHR, Angel WIS, Aeon CON or average of highest and lowest stat.

TumblingTorin

Educated
Oracle merge gets CHR-based Angel and also gets high level Oracle spells (way) ahead of schedule, including Mystery spells where Cleric only gets the Domain slot.
Thanks for the info. I prefer to play martial or hybrids classes. It would of taken me a while to test full casters. I did not know about the the effects of the merging give to mystery spells and domain slots, that is very helpful to know in the future.

Too much CHA based casting. IMO should be :

• Angel = WIS or CHA, the highest one
  • Aeon = WIS or INT, the highest one
  • AZATA = CHA or INT, the highest one
  • Demons = STR or CON, the highest one.
  • Lich = INT or WIS, the highest one
  • Trickster = CHA or DEX, the highest one.
Aeon scaling with CHA makes no sense IMO. CHA is force of personality, beauty, willpower, etc. Aeons reinforce reality and are lawful. CHA works better for chaotic mythic paths, but should't be a attribute for a lawful good mythic path. Demons, I would prefer if I could be a demonologist, but seems like most people wanan demon to be a martial focused mythic path hence STR/CON in the demoniac powers makes more sense. Lich, a Death Cleric should be able to become a Lich too and scale with int. Trickster should scale with DEX since a dextrous trickster makes sense on the arquetype.

Whole game is massively CHR flooded.

Trickster should be INT since skills based. Demon STR based would be cool. Azata DEX, Lich CHR, Angel WIS, Aeon CON or average of highest and lowest stat.
At least the mod I posted earlier allows you to do that, but still, we shouldn't have to need a mod for this. This should of been in the game in the first place. It's so weird for Aeon to be charisma based when it seems like a such a good fit for Inquisitor. It think what should of happen is when get to rank 3, when selecting the mythic spellbook, it should let you pick which stat to base it on.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
absolutely obsessed lmao

Mocking a company and showing how OwlCat is better = Being obsessed. Larian only knows how to make good graphics. Knights of the Chalice 1/2 is made by a single guy and way better than any game that they launched. There is a reason why people are discussing things like crusade, mythic paths, builds focused on AC, on spell DC and etc here and on BG3 thread, people keep shitposting. Because this game has way more stuff. Is extremely better in quality and quantity.

Codex Year of the Donut
absolutely obsessed lmao

Mocking a company and showing how OwlCat is better = Being obsessed. Larian only knows how to make good graphics. Knights of the Chalice 1/2 is made by a single guy and way better than any game that they launched. There is a reason why people are discussing things like crusade, mythic paths, builds focused on AC, on spell DC and etc here and on BG3 thread, people keep shitposting. Because this game has way more stuff. Is extremely better in quality and quantity.
I get it, you like trannies

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
absolutely obsessed lmao

Nope.
  • Favorite class : Exploiter Wizard
  • Favorite race : Dhampir
  • Favorite companion : Arueshalae
  • Favorite mythic path : Lich

But you probably like BG3 cuz you like Astarion

gOrarGE.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
absolutely obsessed lmao

Nope.

gOrarGE.jpg
most of the people that are obsessed with astarion are women though, iirc the most common male-male romance was with Gale

Desiderius

Patron
I’m stuck on Leadership tank II

And I’ve got a Military Quest that won’t clear. Anyone figure these out yet?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

RjbrQff.jpg

tm1U1UB.jpg

---------------

Fuck now i am hyped for this game even more. I hope it's stable at launch unlike kingmaker

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
absolutely obsessed lmao

Nope.

gOrarGE.jpg
most of the people that are obsessed with astarion are women though, iirc the most common male-male romance was with Gale
I see that you had research this thoroughly. It seems like you had become our residential expert on gay romance options in rpgs.

df5Ryct.png

Fuck,this is becoming quite the story,by the time bg3 comes out we will have a whole season of Rusty and his oily adventures in the land of baldur's gape.

Last edited:

amurath

Educated
About the AC challenge:

View attachment 19442

The new Unfair is REALLY Unfair. Well, not as Unfair as all this AC. If I could have gotten it on an Attack of Opportunity might have gotten to 90.

View attachment 19443

This at lvl 13 with crappy equipment and Purifier Armor Training not working properly.

On the bright side looks like Crane Wing is finally fixed to not work with Shields.

View attachment 19444

My real playthrough coming along nicely. Lvl 13 MC casting lvl18 Holy Word is good times.
I'm curious, did you play through the Prologue on Unfair? How did you deal with those mobs with 10+ AB and 30+ AC at level 2?

Percy

Cipher
Finished this version of the Beta (Core difficulty).
Ran with a Half Orc Mutagen Warrior. Picked all persuasion and intimidate feats.
Used Wisdom to Persuade origin.
Picked Trickster, picked Persuasion feats.
Had Red Dragon and Baphoment Shook.
Run around just paralyzing most enemies too. Good fun.

Time for a caster I reckon.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm curious, did you play through the Prologue on Unfair? How did you deal with those mobs with 10+ AB and 30+ AC at level 2?

No, I wouldn't even do it again on Hard. You get a Leopard with 31 AC or so and tank with it while picking your battles. Plays best on Core I think until you hit your first Mythic.

Desiderius

Patron
Can you give me a two line summary?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom