Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters is an upcoming Grey Knights turn-based tactical RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Complex Games; Frontier Developments; Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters

There were numerous video game announcements during Games Workshop's Warhammer Skulls event today. Among them was the announcement of a new game called Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, a rare Warhammer 40,000 video game to be unambiguously described as a turn-based tactical RPG. As you might guess by the name, the protagonists of the new Chaos Gate (which doesn't appear to have much to do with the 1998 original) are the Grey Knights, the secretive Inquisition-affiliated daemon hunting Space Marine chapter. The game is being developed by a little-known Canadian studio called Complex Games with a history of making Warhammer 40,000 mobile titles and published by David Braben's Frontier Foundry label. There's not much else to say about it for now, since all that's been released is this brief cinematic teaser (which will be followed in August by a longer cinematic trailer).

Cambridge, UK – 3 June 2021. Frontier Foundry, the games label of Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV, ‘Frontier’), today announced Warhammer 40,000®: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, a new game in partnership with world-renowned Warhammer 40,000 creator Games Workshop®.

Developed by Complex Games, Canada, Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters will pitch humanity’s greatest weapon, the Grey Knights, against the corrupting forces of Chaos in this brutal and fast-paced, turn-based tactical RPG.

Armoured in faith and shielded by devotion, the Grey Knights’ very existence is rooted in mystery: the possession of any unsanctioned knowledge about their secretive brotherhood is punishable by death. In Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, players will experience the ruthless, merciless combat of the 41st millennium, following the journey of these elite warriors in a narrative penned by acclaimed New York Times bestselling author, Aaron Dembski-Bowden.

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters will release on PC in 2022 on Steam and the Epic Games Store, published by Frontier Foundry. This exciting new title will build on Frontier’s existing partnership with Games Workshop®: Frontier have previously announced their Warhammer® Age of Sigmar® RTS title, which is currently in development.

The full cinematic announcement of Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters is planned for August 2021. Follow the game on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Visit the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters official website at www.chaosgate.com.​

As stated, Daemonhunters is due out sometime in 2022. For now you can follow the game's Steam page which has a few more details about its premise.

flabbyjack

Arcane
I love Warhammer and WH 40k. I really do.

But it seems like half the time the game is sooo vanilla. Like they will call it 'Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters' but it will have no chaos, no gates, no daemons, and no hunters.

I do hope this one will be cool.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Fuckin lol at the irony of a mobile games studio being called Complex Games. That aside, this trailer got me pumped. If they can just take notes from stuff like Templar Battleforce and dial up the graphics it'll be a day one purchase because I'm a 40k sucker. That Age of Sigmar stuff can go gurgle semen though.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
At first I was like: OMG NEW CHAOS GATE SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET PRAISE THE EMPRAH!!!1!!

But then: yeah its 2021 and this is most likely going to suck :negative:

I mean what are the odds that some marketing suit googled "old 40K games," came upon the Chaos Gate and figured this thing will sell a bit more if they add Chaos Gate into the title? Pretty good I would wager. On the other hand what are the odds this game will have time units? Yeah...

Now dont get me wrong, I loved Chaos Gate since the moment it came out, my last playthrough was like two years ago and I was waiting for a spiritual successor for ages. This doesnt inspire much confidence though.

Oh fuck, will probably get this anyway... lets hope for the best.

Freakydemon

Educated
Let's see where this goes, if it captures some of the original magic it might just be a decent enough game.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Another shitty 40K game. :angry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom