Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

A horse of course

Re(ddit)ptiles are an NPC faction. I'm fine having them in the game but they're extremely uninteresting as a playable race. I prefer the old Mesoamerican slave empire lizardmen, they had a lot more personality.

Nahel

Arcane
If you play Vortex you are already sick of the lizards.
They are annoying, and takes a lot more skill to counter than to play.
Their rites summoning monsters is ridiculous early

tabacila

Augur
Yey for the Beastmen, but part of me still hoped this would have been a game 1 race pack. Dwarfs really need a proper re-work and VC could do with some extra bits. Them adding the Silver pinnacle in the last Mortal Empire map update really had me thinking we were getting VC in the next update. Oh well maybe we'll get a surprise with FLC.

The trailer is mega low energy because it's a trailer for a trailer. CA usually releases DLC trailers 2 weeks before launch. This was probably made for the Skulls whatever event that Games Workshop had since this DLC will launch in almost 6 weeks.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Kinda dumb they didn't just hold Rakarth back for this, Beastmaster vs Beastmen writes itself.
More Lizardmen content isn't really exciting, especially since CA struggles with making skirmisher LL's fun.

tabacila

Augur
Oxyotl would have also worked great as DLC character for WH3 since his whole thing is hunting deamons and stuff.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Them adding the Silver pinnacle in the last Mortal Empire map update really had me thinking we were getting VC in the next update
We still don't know what the preorder race will be, but it seems likely it will be something that is playable in both mortal empires and the wh3 map.

zapotec

Liturgist
Imho Dogs of War or Araby, i would like to see the latter or maybe not considering the bear fetish of Kislev.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Seems to me that there would be more well known iconic things to pick from for Araby though.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
WH2 is fine. The games are just iterations of the same thing, so if you can wait you might as well go with WH3. (Reminder not to buy the DLC but to use CreamAPI)

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Wanted to download Pack File Manager, an old habit brought me to Total War Center, damn, is this place deserted now! what happened ? you can almost see tumbleweeds crossing the screen. It's like a sarcophagus with TWC's citizens as the Tomb kings.

Edit : so there's now a new PFM version on top of Daniu's, it's called Rusted PFM, has anyone tested it ? Shall I stick with the original ?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I've been faffing around with Clan Pestilens, trying to get their "bonus from diseases" going... And it's just not working. I can start some of em, sure, but they never actually spread anywhere. :hahano:

Olinser

Savant
I've been faffing around with Clan Pestilens, trying to get their "bonus from diseases" going... And it's just not working. I can start some of em, sure, but they never actually spread anywhere. :hahano:

Yeah they meganerfed diseases a while ago because they were lasting way too long and infecting half the world. Now they're just useless.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
oqAKI1.jpg

Gotta love the way the AI handles its lords...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
20210628114438_1.jpg

upload_2021-6-28_12-1-40.png

upload_2021-6-28_12-3-58.png

Vortex is fucking shit and annoying as fuck. But the final battle is 100% where CA got the idea for those multi-stage fights in Wawa3 from. They're probably gonna suck hard.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Vortex worst part were the spawning armies near your empty cities.

I tried getting around this by placing my armies near where the AI should spawn. The game just spawns them elsewhere. What an incredible fuck you to the player.

Yeah it is a cheap bit of artificial difficulty. Apparently if you place your armies in ambush stance the AI acts as if they aren't there and spawns them closer.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
In Markus Wulfhart's campaign they always spawn near the same city even if you have an army hidden nearby. Actually it's the only Vortex campaign I finished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom