Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

DLC 2 – Coming Summer 2021
The second expansion for Wasteland 3 will also include a new location, characters, challenging combat, and Wasteland’s signature focus on player choice and consequence.

gongal

Educated
Oh boy, this game is such a massive amount of cringe... Why does every western post-apo game have to be a Borderlands-tier clown fiesta?

mkultra

Augur
I wish games overall would turn down the ""comedy"" aspects. it's never good.. Good comedy is not easy to write and games are not exactly known for good writing.. In fact writing should be kept to an absolute minimum in games, it should be the player himself doing the adventure and the "writing" just by being, acting in and exploring the world. That's how the medium can excel, it should not try to compete with a book/movie because it will never ever be on pair with that experience anyways, it can however be something unique in other ways.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Anyone know what/how the save files are compressed? They're .xml-files, but viewing them as-is comes out garbled. I was thinking I'd give this piece of shit another co-op attempt now that we're coming up on one year since release and they seem to have fixed some basic-bitch bugs. Seeing some extremely basic bugs not fixed until just now (1.4) doesn't exactly engender confidence, though.
I was thinking about buying this game to co-op with my Dad, is the multiplayer good?

Buggy?
The game was an absolute fucking travesty around release. We're talking "practically unplayable" here. So make sure to pirate it first if you're considering trying it. It would suck ass to spend money for two copies just to find that nothing has improved.
Oh boy, this game is such a massive amount of cringe... Why does every western post-apo game have to be a Borderlands-tier clown fiesta?
I wish games overall would turn down the ""comedy"" aspects. it's never good.. Good comedy is not easy to write and games are not exactly known for good writing.. In fact writing should be kept to an absolute minimum in games, it should be the player himself doing the adventure and the "writing" just by being, acting in and exploring the world. That's how the medium can excel, it should not try to compete with a book/movie because it will never ever be on pair with that experience anyways, it can however be something unique in other ways.
Are you saying that you don't appreciate LE EPIX MAYMAY ToAsTeRs HA HA XD and HA HA GIANT HAMMER SO EPIC AND FERRET SHOOTERS SO FUNNY XDXDXD or BEEEEEEEEEES HAHA GET IT BEEEEEEEEES?

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The game was an absolute fucking travesty around release. We're talking "practically unplayable" here. So make sure to pirate it first if you're considering trying it. It would suck ass to spend money for two copies just to find that nothing has improved.

Funny. I had no issue playing it at release. Also had great fun.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-3-the-battle-of-steeltown-console-delay

Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown Console Delay

file.jpg

We’re excited to get The Battle of Steeltown into your hands—and we’re on-track to release on Windows 10 across PC storefronts (Steam, GOG, Microsoft Store, etc.) on June 3—but unfortunately we ran into a last-second release issue that’s holding back the launch for consoles by just under a week, to June 9.

It’s especially disappointing for the team here, and believe us when we say we tried everything to avoid a split release. We’ve been working on Steeltown essentially since the launch of Wasteland 3 last August, and we’ve put a lot of effort into creating an expansion that provides a deep narrative experience, gut-wrenching player choices and consequences, and more engaging tactical combat with new mechanics and enemies.

The good news is the wait won’t be long as it's less than a one-week delay—we’re launching The Battle of Steeltown for Xbox and PlayStation on June 9.

For those of you excited to jump back in, we just released Patch 1.4.0 “Appetite for Construction”, a free update which adds Crating and a new animal Kennel to the base game. These are in addition to the dozens of features and improvements and hundreds (thousands?) of tweaks and fixes we’ve added to the game since launch. Steeltown content is recommended for level 11+, so if you’re itching to jump back in with the DLC, it's a great time right now to start that new playthrough.

Thank you to our fans for their continued support; we’re looking forward to seeing your choices in Steeltown as you attempt to solve the factory’s problems like only the Rangers can.

We’ll see you in Colorado.

Saduj

Arcane
Game was fine at release. Maybe people wouldn’t feel obligated to contradict you if you weren’t making stuff up.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Funny. I had no issue playing it at release. Also had great fun.
Yea, no. The game was fine at launch. Certainly much more stable and polished than WL2 when it launched.
We need a "inXile Defence Force" tag. I'd call you lying shills, but I know you do it for free.

Not really a fan of inXile. Was majorly dissapointed with W2.
Didn't care much for Torment: ToN (own it, but actually didn't play it much - so cannot even form an informed opinion). Same deal with Bard's Tale, really.

But Wasteland 3 was very fun, if not particularly ambitious (and maybe because of that).
Lighthearted, unbalanced fun. With character building that actually has impact (as opposed to W2).

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Game was fine at release. Maybe people wouldn’t feel obligated to contradict you if you weren’t making stuff up.
Haha, yeah, I'm just making stuff up and faked all the issues posted earlier in the thread (which has progressed practically not at all for nearly a year for.. uuuh... purely socioeconomical factors I'm sure) and there wasn't at all a patch just days ago fixing something as basic as "Having two of the same type of weapon equipped makes it impossible to use its abilities". :lol:
Not really a fan of inXile.
That actually makes it worse, though. :lol:
With character building that actually has impact (as opposed to W2).
Haven't we already settled and addressed this lie a good 20-or-so pages back? Are you following a script of some kind, because damn.

Edit: I just noticed that even in 1.4, there's still prefab recruits that have backgrounds that do nothing whatsoever. :lol: And also backgrounds that the player simply can't have because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit 2: I guess I'm making up this fight where the combat.. just.. doesn't start, and get hung up on the would-be first round, too? :lol: And yes, that's running the latest patch. I was doing some testing to figure out just how useless the sneaking mechanics are in this game, and it's.. pretty bad, yeah - but can be significantly gamed.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released:

https://af.gog.com/game/wasteland_3_the_battle_of_steeltown?as=1649904300

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3/updates/1403

The Battle of Steeltown Out Now!

The Battle of Steeltown is OUT NOW for Windows 10, Mac, and Linux across Steam, GOG, and the Microsoft Store. If you'd like to grab Steeltown AND our next (unannounced) expansion at the same time for a slight discount, you'll want to be sure to grab the Wasteland 3 Expansion Pass.

As previously announced, the expansion will be available for Xbox and PlayStation on June 9, and we look forward to getting it into your hands.

For the latest updates be sure to follow us at @Wasteland on Twitter, join Ranger HQ on Facebook, jump into the official inXile forums, and find player-run communities talking about Wasteland 3 and The Battle of Steeltown on Reddit, Steam, and Discord. If you need technical support be sure to visit support.inxile-entertainment.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saduj

Arcane
$14 for one new area? How many hours of content?

Also, if anyone finds out how far into the game you have to be for this content to unlock, I’d be interested in knowing. If it opens up very early I’d consider giving it a go with a new party. I don’t want to replay half the game just to get to this nor do I want to cakewalk through it with my old party.

Acrux

Arcane

Also, if anyone finds out how far into the game you have to be for this content to unlock, I’d be interested in knowing. If it opens up very early I’d consider giving it a go with a new party. I don’t want to replay half the game just to get to this nor do I want to cakewalk through it with my old party.

According to the Inxile community manager on Steam, you need to be at least level 9 to have the quest show up.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
If indications regarding the rest of the game is anything to go by, I'd say 2-3 hours. :lol:
They have explicitly said that you need to be Level 9 to get the mission, but the recommended earliest level is 11. And the entire thing scales, because of course it does.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Wasteland 3 was a decent fun enough game. Not really sure why some people keep picking on it and inXile in general for making it "yet another wacky crazy comedy game!!!", clearly none of those fags have ever played Wasteland before, it's kinda half of the entire setting and was never taken nearly as seriously as Fallout (1) was.

I'll check out Steeltown at some point and might post my own thoughts here about it, currently in the middle of a BG2 playthrough though.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Do you really have to pay $10 just to have access to the manual!? If true, that's a scummy move.

OAQtYNO.png
I wanted to believe that the "Ranger Manual" was some kind of in-universe point-of-view booklet for ranger recruits or something, but checking it out, nope.. that's the game manual alright, with a layout reminiscent of the console UI of the game itself, even. It's 42 pages that when not designed by someone with a pathological fear of PCs would've been no more than 20 pages.

Edit: The art book is also pathetic. It doesn't look like it was designed by someone with terminal consolitis, but it's basically just a collection of assets with very little commentary or process notes, or even examples of stuff that didn't make it. It's a pretty sad piece of work and it feels like something some intern was put in charge of. Would it have killed them to have some of the artists spend a day or two each contributing and commenting?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom