Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Baldur's Gate 2: Reloaded - remake in NWN2 engine from creators of Baldur's Gate: Reloaded

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Still better than "pick a class, and do nearly nothing when you level up unless you are spellcaster" of AD&D
Actually playing the game is more fun than obsessing over your character sheet.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Especially considering originally the game was designed for table top, where you are "doing" enough as it is by playing the game normally. 3E seems to have been designed with video games in mind, where all the dice rolls are done by your PC and there's no other interaction option other than clicking on your mouse on some sprite in the screen.

A horse of course

I've yet to hear a single justification from the Trumpanzees in this thread as to why you would use NWN2 as a basis for a remake. The usual incentives for a fan remake are:

A: Better graphics (NWN2's shitty models, lighting, textures and overall art direction look worse than BG2).
B: Experiencing the world in a vastly different way (both NWN2 and BG2 are [fake]isometric real-time RPGs - it's just the same shit, but worse).
C: Taking advantage of new mechanics used in the newer game (what the hell does NWN2 have that was missing in BG2?)
D: A basis for further customization/moddability (NWN1 would've been a better choice if that were the case)

The Dragon Age BG2 remake at least had the benefit of:

1: already being based around (shitty) party combat, not the abomination that is NWN2's tacked-on party management, and
2: being a clear visual upgrade over BG2, as even if you disliked DA's brown and gritty art style, it was still a very impressive technological jump, with better gore and synchronized fighting/execution animations, and not-quite-so-nightmarish 3d character models.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
^

The reason why Yoshimo isn't showing is because the Dragon Age Origins engine only supports four people at a time

Yikes. I figured they would find a way around that for something like this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I've yet to hear a single justification from the Trumpanzees in this thread as to why you would use NWN2 as a basis for a remake.

Maybe you didn't hear it because nobody was asked that fucking question or even gave the indication they liked the idea? The fuck are you even talking about?

A horse of course

^

The reason why Yoshimo isn't showing is because the Dragon Age Origins engine only supports four people at a time

Yikes. I figured they would find a way around that for something like this.

Dead project
So that's why I haven't heard about it for ages.

I think it was abandoned at least 4 or 5 years ago. It had massive hype in the early stages. As far as I know they had Waukeen's Promenade and Chateau Irenicus working, but everything else was in bits and pieces. Based on what other Drog Age modders on Codex have said, the modding toolset for DA didn't work very well.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
I think it was abandoned at least 4 or 5 years ago. It had massive hype in the early stages. As far as I know they had Waukeen's Promenade and Chateau Irenicus working, but everything else was in bits and pieces. Based on what other Drog Age modders on Codex have said, the modding toolset for DA didn't work very well.
The main developer apparently got hired by Beamdog too.

deama

Prophet
I feel bad for saying this, but I would rather playthrough the nice 2D sprites that BG2 had.

Gargaune

Magister
They should've let the trailer end on that "You will accept the gifts offered to you!" Yeah, this is very much
rating_prosper.png
- The Game, but I'm definitely up for giving it a go. I should probably go back and finish BGR first, though.

Robber Baron

Savant
I remember trying BGR some time ago, the maps were too tiny, it's like you were playing in a miniature world of BG and for some reason I couldn't scout them with a single party member since the the party ignored the "don't move" command and followed the PC after some distance anyway.

A horse of course

Honestly I think this is great. A bunch of zoomers are going to play it thinking it's "Baldur's Gate 2 for a modern system" a la the Ultima Lazarus project, and we'll have a whole new generation discover what a worthless piece of shit the NWN2 engine is.

Gargaune

Magister
I couldn't scout them with a single party member since the the party ignored the "don't move" command and followed the PC after some distance anyway.
BGR doesn't mess with NWN2 companion behaviours, you probably hit a snag in your controls setup. Have a look at my NWN2 guide if you ever wanna give it another go. And yes, I'm aware I'm starting to sound like Lilura with her blog.

Robber Baron

Savant
BGR doesn't mess with NWN2 companion behaviours, you probably hit a snag in your controls setup. Have a look at my NWN2 guide if you ever wanna give it another go. And yes, I'm aware I'm starting to sound like Lilura with her blog.

Very interesting, I'll check it out since I really do wish to give BGR another try

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom