Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd just remove direct damage spells in general tbh, it just makes building Wizards and Sorcerers incredibly boring and predictable.
q766p8138ix51.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
like for example a spell that lets you foresee movies enemies make, so you get a bonus to AC and saving throws against them.

Premonition for Warlocks in NWN1 + PRC works that way. You can also use divination to make gathering information about the enemy easier with "inspect" in kingmaker. Giving hints to how to solve a puzzle with divination can also help. Detect traps, predict which spell the enemy will cast and so on also can work well in a SP game.

But it is not only on divination and illusion which it happens. In my 3E dark sun campaign, I used polymorph spell to make a templar look like a fugitive slave and he ended the one shot as a slave. On video games, polymorph is only used in combat. Same with undead servants/constructs. If you look to pathfinder sin magic, conjuration is associated with "sloth" "Sin mages who follow the path of Sloth enlist agents and minions to perform their tasks, or create what is needed as it is needed.". Which game where peopleuse use undead workers? I can only think on Arcanum, where a group of necromancers capitalists uses reanimated manlets dwarfs to mass produce stuff.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
conjuration is associated with "sloth" "Sin mages who follow the path of Sloth enlist agents and minions to perform their tasks, or create what is needed as it is needed.".

I am curious what Sin mages who follow the path of Lust do. Asking for a friend.

Lust (Enchantment)
Sin mages who follow the path of Lust gain great personal satisfaction at manipulating others’ minds, emotions, and wills.

Prohibited Schools: necromancy, transmutation.
source - d20pfsrd

Would be cool if you could use Enchantment spells like charm person on dialog.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
IN 5E. IN.
Yeah, well, we say a game is in early access, but all the titles here say "available on early access" and that always makes me shrivel up.
... Isn't that correct grammar?
No? It's the same logic as "a game is in development", "this project is in its early stages". "On" early access makes it sound as if early access is a platform. It's available on Steam/GOG/Android, etc.

Yosharian

Arcane
IN 5E. IN.
Yeah, well, we say a game is in early access, but all the titles here say "available on early access" and that always makes me shrivel up.
... Isn't that correct grammar?
No? It's the same logic as "a game is in development", "this project is in its early stages". "On" early access makes it sound as if early access is a platform. It's available on Steam/GOG/Android, etc.
It also works grammatically if it's a type of access.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I didn't realize I was on the wordreference forums.

Could you guys please tell me which of the following sentences is correct?

"Go fuck yourselves, grammarfags"
"Go suck a dick, grammar police"
"Kiss my ass, grammar nazis"

Thanks in advance.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Anyone play any good workshop content?
I only played two custom modules for now:

- Caer Falcarn (made by Tactical Adventures): a dungeon with 4 levels and many fun encounters, most of the time a bit harder than the main campaign. You go from level 1 to level 5. Around 4-6 hours of playtime.

- Tomb of Heroes: a very short dungeon with around 5 encounters. Not much to say about it, you go from level 1 to level 2 with 1 hour of playtime at best. Cozy writing with the "clues" and lore bits, I'd say better than the main game. The worst things about it are the traps: it's very hard to make traps interesting in D&D because you need to foreshadow their presence in the right way and the players need ways to interact with them, otherwise they're just an HP tax you can avoid with a Perception check. An unavoidable square that kills you if you fail your Perception check isn't fun, but I guess it's silly to overanalyze a random stranger's first experiment with this thing.

Now I'm trying Temple of Evil on Witch Mountain, which seems promising. You're supposed to reach level 5 by the end and then continue with Secret of the Black Flame with the same characters.

Who thought that having a non leveling up with a wizard magic missile was a good idea? That's just sad. I don't want to waste higher level spell slots to have a functioning magic missile. Iconic spell, my ass. :(

Skeletons don't have immunity or resistance against piercing damage. Is this some kind of joke? This edition seems worse and worse with each new piece of information I learn about it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Skeletons don't have immunity or resistance against piercing damage. Is this some kind of joke? This edition seems worse and worse with each new piece of information I learn about it.
They're vulnerable to bludgeoning damage, which basically simulates the same thing as resistance to piercing/slashing.

They're vulnerable to bludgeoning damage, which basically simulates the same thing as resistance to piercing/slashing.

Technically true, but in reality it makes skellys blend in with other low level enemies. Immunities are something player has to react to, that demands that the player changes approach. Vulnerabilities is something you may notice or not. Immunities make the cast of enemies more diverse and colorful.

Fucking hell, another quest involving Arwin with a cool sword and shit payment. You get the lowlife quest with a +2 longsword super early on, and then there's a quest to bring him a longswird that also does a die of electrical damage. At some point I should stop giving that fucker all these amazing weapons and just keep them for my fighter.

- Choosing loremaster as a wizard kit was a very bad choice. All I get from it is a little of mediocre lore and a small xp bonus :)
Going to chime in and say I agree with that, now. I wasn't feeling too bad about taking loremaster early on since having advantage on lore checks and arcane checks and shit is a fun little bonus, but I think it's only been used once in the entire game and that was at that lesser gate way back when you very first meet the soraks. HOPEFULLY will have some more checks later, but as of right now there's been one, maybe two checks in the 30 hours I've played which is presumably more than half of the game given I'm nearing level 8. That's a definite disappointment, don't mind Solasta being a combatfag game but it would've been nice to have a large scattering of little skill checks for small goodies like that gate giving you a tablet you can hock back in town.
Anyway, guys, how I can control the fly in the game? I completed the game and have no clue about how to control the fly. IS not like Menzoberranzan where you control the fly altitude with a slider, nor like M&M VI~VIII where it is PGUP/PGDN keys
Hold shift, scroll your mousewheel (All of this while holding down shift), then look at your compass in the lower right. There'll be arrows going up and/or down near the center of it now, go there and click those to change Z levels. I assume it's a bug or a glitch that isn't letting shift-mousewheel do it but at least it makes those buttons appear and then you can manually adjust where you fly. Few things to note, that also works for point-targeted AoE spells (Chuck a fireball and blow it up in the air so the sphere AoE gives you finer control) and it's INCREDIBLY easy to misclick when you're flying and send your dude moving back to the ground. I was fighting a vampire like 5-6 levels high, misclicked, then my dude flew down and gave the vampire AOO. Fortunately fly gives you so much movement speed I was able to fly back up and smack him silly.

Edit: Unrelated to anything but BREHS. Remember you can force-attack pillars and shit. There were a few little patches of optional hidden loot that can only be reached by blasting out pillars, can't get around it with teleport/fly/spiderwalk/etc. Makes me think I may have missed some shit earlier on since I had forgotten about that, and I know there were a few locations that probably would've been easier if I knocked pillars over with a ranged attack rather than worming my rogue or fighter over with athletics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom