Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Zodiac Legion - X-COM and dungeons

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ss_928014ef2f298cbe5ecaca3acafa2c49a1f5618b.1920x1080.jpg

The game looks rather cheap, so I'm not expecting much.

What do you think of this kind of research screen? I was thinking about either doing it like that, or have 2 pages of spell with a mouseover for details, or 2 pages of spells with spell short description + icon in Zodiac Legion. I am slightllty triggered by the fact that this UI is incompatible with the way a book works, but it is not such a big issue.

Here is the Sorcerer King: Rivals research screen, with icon + short description:
Spellbook.png

And AoW 3's icons with hover
AOW_GDC_2_SpellBook-1024x576.jpg

Aemar

Arcane
AoW 3's icons with mouseover text. It makes the book look more professional and wizard-ish. It shouldn't take long before the player knows what each spell can do so there's no need for a fixed info section.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
AoW 3's icons with mouseover text. It makes the book look more professional and wizard-ish. It shouldn't take long before the player knows what each spell can do so there's no need for a fixed info section.
ok, here is a prototype using AoW3 style (I didn't put the tech names yet):

rjgAkKr.png

Last edited:

Aemar

Arcane
I know this is WIP, but an outer frame would make those icons look even better. Also, why don't you try a hexagonal shape for those icons as well?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I know this is WIP, but an outer frame would make those icons look even better. Also, why don't you try a hexagonal shape for those icons as well?
Do you mean, a frame like the one in AoW3?
That is true, but I didn't find an outer shape to go with the book color and style, and I don't have an artist working with me at the moment . I asked the creator of the book asset to add frames, but it will take some time. That is why I repurposed the existing ability icons, and the "standard panel frame" around the icons.
"Native" hexagonal icons would be good indeed, or circular ones with a zodiac border.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I see Steam page:

Why Early Access?
“Zodiac Legion is a complex game, combining tactical turn-based battles with an overarching dynamic campaign and base building. We want the game to have many paths to victory -- for instance, by focusing on necromancy to keep veteran warriors fighting even after death, or on arcane empowerment to make even unexperienced recruits start with supernatural abilities -- which is why community feedback is of critical importance to us. It'll let us ensure that the player's decisions will remain interesting and that all the tactical and strategic options will continue to be fun until the end of the game.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“Zodiac Legion should remain in early access for roughly one year, but it may take longer, as we will work on it until both we and you are happy with the state of the game.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“We will add mid and late campaign content (higher tier research, artifacts and abilities for player characters and opponents, events, chained and "storyline" quests, end game enemies), and refine the flow of the campaign with your feedback.
We also need your feedback to refine the UI and the AI of the game, and to get it to the level of polish we will all be happy with.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The early access version of the game only contains the early stage of the campaign at the moment. We're quite happy with the general "feel" of the combat, but the strategic campaign around it is still a work in progress, for which your feedback would be invaluable.
The random level assembly process also needs tweaking to make sure that all the generated levels feel interesting and varied.
Regarding content, a good analogy would be thinking as the game currently having one "chapter" out of the three planned for the final release.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The price may rise as more content is added to the game, but it would be announced several weeks before we do it.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“We will keep you informed about the progress of the development process through regular posts on the Steam community page and on the Steam discussion boards. We will try to solve bugs and issues, and discuss suggestions and feedback with you here on the Steam boards, or on our Discord channel as quickly as possible.”

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
We planned to only get the page up for the Guerrilla collective, but that would have meant directing players to our outdated web page.
I guess I need to update the FAQ.

Thanks a lot for your support now and over all these years! There is still a long road ahead, but it feels like we have crossed the valley of despair at least (and my relatives have eventually stopped asking me to "release already" because everyone knows that unfinished games are the way to go).

Edit: My government subsidies request has also just been approved.:keepmymoney:

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I was not the one to get Summer time wrong. The stream starts minutes there.
I will post the trailer on our Steam page and Youtube as soon as it is over.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Watching all those trailers I get feeling that people who grew up with PS1 or 2 are now old enough to their nostalgia indie projects.

Aemar

Arcane
Saw the trailer. 1st thought about it was: "wordy, perhaps too wordy".
I agree. You should have kept the voice over narration to a minimum and used some text to showcase the game's main features instead. More dynamic that way.

Game looks great, btw.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This video is a let's play of the Cathedral mission of our upcoming game, Zodiac Legion.The objective is to activate two of the rune stones in the level.The party is typical of a mid campaign party, with 2 Zodiac champions and 4 novice knights of the order.Party composition is:- Taurus ("tank" and wall breacher)- Sagittarius (archer + fireball)-3 melee knights-1 archer

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom