Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Ysaye

Arbiter
I gotta say that Juna has grown on me a lot in IV. It's too bad Rean is too much of a liberal chump that doesn't support Erebonian annexation of Crossbell that he doesn't give that Crossbellan cooter a good eight leaves dicking to get her on board with it.

The thing I liked about their use of Juna it shows her to be much more than just a Crossbellian pro-independence fan girl; she shines as one of the few people that actually has a strong family nucleus from which she draws a lot of strength in the face of the impending crisis. Her interactions with Campanella (and as a consequence Mariabelle) in particular are also very interesting and she seems to have the maturity to see the issues clearly of complex characters like Musse and Cedric - it makes you wonder how they might use her as a character in other games.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've taken a liking to Rean. He's been steadily just fucking annoying throughout 1-3, but I guess there's finally a little bit of character growth, which is always good. I think it's good for the character with the most screentime to be relatively apolitical and objective, because it opens up just so many possibilities for doing different things all around the world. Yeah, I wanted him to join
Mille Mirage
, but it honestly makes more sense that he didn't. It's good writing.
Yeah, he's still worse than almost every other character, but still better than Lloyd, who's just about Crossbell. I recall Rean saying he'd sacrifice the whole world for a friend in dialog (I think he was talking to Altina?). That's the kind of stuff I want to hear from the main character, I'm a sappy fag on occasion.

Ysaye

Arbiter
I've taken a liking to Rean. He's been steadily just fucking annoying throughout 1-3, but I guess there's finally a little bit of character growth, which is always good. I think it's good for the character with the most screentime to be relatively apolitical and objective, because it opens up just so many possibilities for doing different things all around the world. Yeah, I wanted him to join
Mille Mirage
Yeah, he's still worse than almost every other character, but still better than Lloyd, who's just about Crossbell. I recall Rean saying he'd sacrifice the whole world for a friend in dialog (I think he was talking to Altina?). That's the kind of stuff I want to hear from the main character, I'm a sappy fag on occasion.

He is actually relatively quiet about sacrificing himself throughout CS4, which is coherent with him knowing that he needs to hid from his friends about what he is really thinking....

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Let's talk about Juna. In CS3 she was a dumb fuckin whore, obsessed with Crossbell like many characters in the series that came before Cold Steel (the series that shall not be named). In CS4, as others have said here before, she's finally getting some real development and details about her family life and personality are finally revealed.
So, to recap: Juna was brainwashed into being a Crossbell-bot due to the proximity to the SSS HQ.
Solution: dissolve the SSS.

He is actually relatively quiet about sacrificing himself throughout CS4, which is coherent with him knowing that he needs to hid from his friends about what he is really thinking....

No spoilerinos yet, aussie. Still finishing up.
Although I can imagine a few different scenarios mostly involving souls from the story thus far.

Maxie

Let's talk about Juna. In CS3 she was a dumb fuckin whore, obsessed with Crossbell like many characters in the series that came before Cold Steel (the series that shall not be named). In CS4, as others have said here before, she's finally getting some real development and details about her family life and personality are finally revealed.
So, to recap: Juna was brainwashed into being a Crossbell-bot due to the proximity to the SSS HQ.
Solution: dissolve the SSS.

No spoilerinos yet, aussie. Still finishing up.
Although I can imagine a few different scenarios mostly involving souls from the story thus far.
try having good taste next time
Crossbell arc was the last time this series was playable

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Mille Mirage

He talks about wanting to die in his felt special bond moment with Laura...

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I want to play Dragon Slayer (1992), where can I get it?
have you tried the internet?
Yea I did, I downloaded a TurboGrafx version of the game but the ISO file was corrupted.
so get another (assuming it's the issue, it certainly couldn't be that you're trying to feed an emulator a file format it doesn't play)? myabandonware bin/cues work fine

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I see Falcom threw another piece of temptation to try to get me to stray from the path of Sara, but nope, there's no way in Gehanna that i shall.

But still, Shirley in a bikini. :shredder:

20210607112755-1.jpg

20210607112735-1.jpg

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Shirley needs a fucking dickslap to learn to behave.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Rean is cursed name. I want to bitchslap second one too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom