Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
installed tracker to be able to export my collection, as side effect I can see how my principle of obtaining as many cards as possible worked out:
y4mbX5Mv5U3rSg-GI9BDnExD6tzo6R3isXyvMgjv0404RHPujh7DTAd5DfW33GObItW80kcpcw7s324DyVBR9p1qvKH48DqVya0yjs_M5LDmypecenSYHuG55AmTjR26pbnB6L-sQgahk8ljWWsDUibxTG4UUap4ObQ4vUiWO_j2zIPE8d-fngj-SNVHaDdxamS

funny how little white is lagging behind

That's kinda cool, almost makes me want to do the same.
funny how little white is lagging behind
No kidding, I guess it stands to reason though. Commons/uncommons just come along with all the piles and the rares/mythics would be where you're most specifically targeting cards via drafting/crafting/etc, and proportionally that'll be less than the bulk of the commons and uncommons. Probably why the difference is narrower in standard but more pronounced in historic since you aren't cracking as many random-ass historic packs and such.

Newfag-er

Liturgist
There was the idea where you craft all the common/uncommon you need before u start drafting

Afterwards when you draft those common/uncommon you get progress on your vault which will net you 2 rare 1 mythic wildcard per vault

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
too many commons/uncommons to bother. btw did that for anthology once and didnt progress vault

Newfag-er

Liturgist
too many commons/uncommons to bother. btw did that for anthology once and didnt progress vault
I don't believe that works for anthology
Iirc I tried it for the deck codes and it didn't work for me either
It def does work for drafting or else my vault progress would not be this fast. Note: fast is not fast at all

I plan on collecting the entire AFR set on Arena.
I wish you luck
I also pray that they will reduce the total rares for AFR
Both KLM and STX have the largest number of rares ever in the entire history of the game

Gyor

Savant
I plan on collecting the entire AFR set on Arena.
I wish you luck
I also pray that they will reduce the total rares for AFR
Both KLM and STX have the largest number of rares ever in the entire history of the game[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will reduce the rares and Mythic rares, in fact I think they will increase them because FR has a lot of big monsters, spells, and Legendary characters, and we know it's a big set 281 cards to start, not counting Theme Booster exclusive cards (Kaldheim got Theme Boosters 20 of those).

Well I have a premiere draft pass, 22 rare wildcards and 10 going on 11 Mythic Rare Wildcards, 70+ uncommon wildcards, etc..., so it might take me months to collect it all, but I'm in no rush. I also have enough gems for the mastery pass. It's a good start.

I'm curious what kind of pets they will have? Baby Gelatinous Cube? Baby Dragons?

Last edited:
I'm curious what kind of pets they will have? Baby Gelatinous Cube? Baby Dragons?
Beholders are pretty iconic D&D shit and would likely be easy to have floating on the sidelines. Or they'll go extra boring and do a displacer beast since they can use an existing cat model and stick a few tentacles on it and call it good.

:what:

What the fuck. Got a Wicked Wolf from an Eldraine pack from my mastery pass. Was fairly happy about that since it's a really playable rare that I knew I didn't have a playset of (Reinforced by not seeing a glowing "First" around it and just knowing I only had one or two due to trying shittier versions of food decks in the past). Loaded up my collection, went to Wicked Wolf, and I've got one fucking copy in my collection. The even STRANGER part is I checked my vault progress and I saw it tick up due to the commons and uncommons, but I didn't get any gems and I (Apparently) got stiffed on my fucking rare completely. Half tempted to try to find some support email to bitch about WotC but god only fucking knows if they'd even be able to tell that the game ate my goddamn card.

Edit: Tried restarting the game a few times with no luck, and I looked up one of the non-rare cards I got (Grumgully, since it's easy to remember him due to his face) and I've still got a full playset. So either I'm completely fucking crazy AND the game didn't display a "First!", or it just ate the rare and nothing else.

Newfag-er

Liturgist
I doubt they will reduce the rares and Mythic rares, in fact I think they will increase them because FR has a lot of big monsters, spells, and Legendary characters, and we know it's a big set 281 cards to start, not counting Theme Booster exclusive cards (Kaldheim got Theme Boosters 20 of those).

Well I have a premiere draft pass, 22 rare wildcards and 10 going on 11 Mythic Rare Wildcards, 70+ uncommon wildcards, etc..., so it might take me months to collect it all, but I'm in no rush. I also have enough gems for the mastery pass. It's a good start.

Believe the reason why the previous two set had so many wildcard was because of the MDFC. Due to the fact magic is a actual card game, the printing process for these sets results in more rare/mythic slots due to some technical thing with MDFC. This was a thing even back when MDFC first came out in magic

What is odd is that Zendikar supposedly the main set for this year still has less rares/mythic then KLD and STX. There is def something going on here or the design team no longer care

U probably already have some knowledge of this already but in case
I would recommend you quick draft all your rares until the duplicate protection from your packs can carry you the rest of the way. Rare is the easy part of course as everypack you open get you one

As for mythic you only have my condolence. That is the hard part. Tho from many ~~showoffs~~ reports it would appear that you need about ~70+ drafts to get all the mythics
Note that this is from KLM one of the largest magic set to date
Note too that this report was likely from someone who is experienced at drafting. Tho it is more then likely the amount you need to draft is about the same

Should take you at most a year assume you take it seriously

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
wait you're telling me a small handful of the tens of thousands of mtg cards are dominating the meta and the ranked and the unranked MTG experience?
no way!
face-screaming-in-fear_1f631.png
yeah but... managed to find this link to compare, its basically oko levels
https://mtgazone.com/the-top-standard-decks-of-mythic-championship-vi/Hell

Kinda seems like Velomachus is the bullshit enabler there. Brainstorm's in all 8 decks but it doesn't seem like the guilty party for enabling bullshit.
brainstorm was expected to eat ban for a while already

Doktor Best

Arcane
Anyone know a decent youtube channel with pioneer content? That Mtggoldfish dude drives me nuts with his squeaky voice, can't listen to him for more than a minute.

Alright, fuck. It just ate a mythic. A Mascot Exhibition. It seems like what triggers it is if I look at my collection first, then open my pack, then click the collection FROM the pack opening screen. I get the commons and uncommons and it throws my rare/mythic in the trash.
:stunned:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
from singles im only missing drana... If devs were planning on making historic brawl a thing I could stop now...

i do wonder if that 100 h brawl will happen or not

Gyor

Savant

Believe the reason why the previous two set had so many wildcard was because of the MDFC. Due to the fact magic is a actual card game, the printing process for these sets results in more rare/mythic slots due to some technical thing with MDFC. This was a thing even back when MDFC first came out in magic

What is odd is that Zendikar supposedly the main set for this year still has less rares/mythic then KLD and STX. There is def something going on here or the design team no longer care

U probably already have some knowledge of this already but in case
I would recommend you quick draft all your rares until the duplicate protection from your packs can carry you the rest of the way. Rare is the easy part of course as everypack you open get you one

As for mythic you only have my condolence. That is the hard part. Tho from many ~~showoffs~~ reports it would appear that you need about ~70+ drafts to get all the mythics
Note that this is from KLM one of the largest magic set to date
Note too that this report was likely from someone who is experienced at drafting. Tho it is more then likely the amount you need to draft is about the same

Should take you at most a year assume you take it seriously

Actually the main set this year is going to be AFR, it looks like it's going to be the most profitable set ever from what I can see.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
was it ever the case? I recall only giving you missing stuff to complete the deck, just with less visuals
It was, but a hell of a long time ago. Might've still been in beta 'cause I think I remember there being a code for a Ravnica precon that gave full credit for all the cards in it. IIRC they made the change during rotation at one point just so people wouldn't get vault progress and extra rares/mythics when all the new free to play precons rolled out.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
in the end its time warp that received ban

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom