Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3011198902925656916

Patch 5, Hotfix 0.27.526.1806: small, but important fixes
79a74a53f316953edd51147315b3eef84dc3ecba.jpg

Encased content patch 5, which was released the other day, brought a lot of good things to the game: improved optimization, new locations and random encounters and a crime system. We redesigned the game's balance and role-playing system, brought back dialogue for a character with low intelligence and greatly expanded companion interactions.

And although the team is currently busy working on the release version of the game, we found time and prepared a little update for you, fixing annoying imperfections of the fresh patch.

Here are the most notable changes.

Fixed the settings window

Some users have complained that the game settings window would not open and in general did not work correctly. We fixed the problem.

Almost everywhere the inability to talk to merchants after breaking into a store door is fixed

This is not even really a bug: our new crime system has taught the characters to react to the player's illegal actions. Merchants, on the other hand, are characterized by non-standard behavior, so they "broke" and simply refused to talk to the protagonist. At the moment, most vendors work properly, but there is a chance that some are still broken. Just for your information.

Containers on random encounter locations are now updated regularly

A small but nice tweak: purely technically, combat random encounters take place in recurring locations. Previously, the game would forget to update the contents of the containers and a box that you searched once would remain empty when you revisited the location. This annoying issue is now a thing of the past.

Character banners now display a fatigue scale

ce03cdbed62ff0cb64b4e7b77fe63b4f78ad6360.gif

In case you didn't know: you can play through Encased without killing anyone. The parameter "Fatigue" is responsible for the possibility of non-lethal playthrough. After accumulating 1000 points of fatigue any character (including the main character) will collapse. Now you can monitor the parameter with the fatigue scale located in the character's banner just under the health bar.

Added customizable backlights for interactable objects

1ab34d9bbb8c21ffadf18fbf8c7c71ae910a78fb.gif

Another little improvement that makes life a lot easier for the player: by pressing the special button (the default is “alt”), you "light up" all the interactive objects at a location. You can turn the stroke on and off, and you can also choose which objects to show.

In addition to all of the above, we did the following:

Interface
  • Fixed: When pointing a grenade at some objects, its tooltip did not work correctly
  • Disabled undesirable stroke (F12 key)
  • Fixed the ability to reassign special Windows keys
  • Added a dialog log to the character's palmtop
  • Fixed a problem with sums equalization when trading

Gameplay Mechanics
  • Junktown: Miles Connelly, Henry Hatch, Hector Morales had the "alcohol treatment" status effect and could not be killed
  • Fixed characters' reaction to a call for help: now those who can't fight don't react to it
  • Fixed the inability to create items if the skill had an insufficient level and was increased by modifiers
  • The criminal system now handles killing animals and necroids correctly
  • Criminal system now handles access to restricted area correctly
  • Changed the difficulty of the doors at Concord Station
  • Nashville Sewers: Fixed a freezing fight with a psi cockroach

Graphics and effects
  • Fixed display of the “Unconscious rage” status effect
  • Displayed icons for shotguns
  • Displayed icons for Baba Yaga grenade launcher

Text
  • Concord Station: we wrote a dialog with a machine for a character with low intelligence
  • Changed the text on the epilepsy warning screen
  • Added description of the "Guts" attribute
  • Added description of the "Deftness" attribute
  • Added description of "Brains" attribute
  • Added description of "Perception" attribute
  • Changed descriptions for "Detox" and "Ray Desease Treatment" effects
  • Fixed description of Betamine effect
  • Fixed the display of penalties and bonuses from "Accuracy" trait in some tooltips

Last edited by a moderator:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3011198902922009508

The devil is in the details
1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers! Once again, the latest issue of the post-apocalyptic CRONUS Weekly is on your screens. Can anyone hear us?

Employees, we’ve been telling you about the innovations under the Dome for over a week now, and guess what? We're still not done! Today we're going to tell you what else every employee under the Dome might encounter.

New random encounters

d896b286bf0d3bc49f9c715305067016432ba512.jpg

The southern part of the Dome has been opened for exploration to everyone, which means that dozens of unique and unexplored locations await adventurers. One of these locations will be an abandoned camp, full of life just a moment ago. Even the fire is still burning. What happened here? That's what you have to find out.

Suppressive fire

50712dee1187341da50f18f40cf0337ae1f2e4bf.jpg

With the change in the behavior of the Dome inhabitants, many seemingly useless skills have gained a second wind. For example, Suppression Fire. Each hit of this skill will slow down your target, which will help you catch up and finish off a fleeing enemy before he calls for help.

Neanderthal

172d7c4e9684e12b0b8368e2f13c842c0efb6d34.jpg

New Committee scientists have also discovered new traits that began to appear in employees under the Dome. For example, the trait "Neanderthal" will increase your damage in close combat, but in return you will have to say goodbye to pants and jackets, because Neanderthals do not wear them.

Encased community is the most important for us - we are going to follow up those closely for your feedback on the game.

Finally, a game that let us role-play the superior lost species - Neanderthal! I wonder what Cleveland Mark Blakemore will think about this?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3034843434616844656
1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers! Once again, the latest issue of the post-apocalyptic CRONUS Weekly is on your screens. Can anyone hear us?

The release of the Encased content patch 5 is finally behind us. Thank you so much for your feedback and bug reports. We read them all carefully and are fixing bugs right now. But what awaits our players next? Today we'll try to tell you about it!

City. Bastion of the New Committee

6d4f6d0520855e25eaf9e4c60882bdc9613e9290.jpg

The full version of Encased is scheduled for release in the fall of 2021. The city will be one of the first new locations players will see.

Many houses, gas stations, snack bars, the Maelstrom Church, the Senate and other important buildings await brave adventurers. This is where the elite of the Dome gather and the most important questions are discussed. Will you become part of the political games or will you choose your own path?

Carmine Heights. Engineer Paradise

f5952f1dc9fd56b61ce65cdfb2746202379b6786.jpg

Carmine Heights is yet another story location of the full release. Here scientists and engineers explore artifacts and conduct the most daring experiments. The settlement is full of high-tech weapons, armor and useful artifacts. Will you be able to get all of them or will the guards be stronger than you?

New Dangers

78829af5120d3e45c0de41f5f61f4ea39ed10eee.png

Players will not only travel through cities and towns. Right now we are polishing dozens of locations throughout the Dome. Abandoned stations, research camps and new arenas await you. Even familiar locations from before the incident will be presented in a new light of a post-apocalyptic setting. Your journey under the Dome is just beginning, employees.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Patch 5, hotfix 0.27.604.1055: important updates at the finish line
4029a1f14b8bf2af2be0ec9ce28c0120349db1f5.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, we released content patch 5 and soon after it — the first hotfix to it that eliminated a lot of annoying bugs, discovered by our players. Now it’s time for the second batch of fixes. Most of the team is working on polishing the final Encased build, final version of voice-over and translations so this hotfix released a little bit late.

In this short update we’ll tell you about the contents inside the second hotfix, news about the Encased release and remind you about the huge announcement from our Koch Media partners.

As always we’ll start with patch notes:

Interface
  • Character Menu: Changed icons in the Piloting skill tree
  • Inventory: Fixed overlapping of items while using filters
  • Inventory: Fixed freeze when moving certain objects
  • Inventory: Added icons to display items worn by the player and his companions
  • Inventory, Barter Window: Fixed handcuffs sticking
  • Fixed a placeholder in the description of the new variant of the container interfaces
  • Lots of minor changes in the layout
  • Fixed issue with scrolling a dialogue window
  • Bomb timer: fixed window closing

AI
  • Improved behavior of characters when searching for a player who is in stealth mode
  • Fixed characters changing hostility during combat
  • Fixed the start of combat in the "Crossroads" event when the defeated man notices Lenny
  • Improved handling of the crime "Being in a restricted area"

Bugs
  • Fixed the "incorporeality" effect when exiting White Space
  • Fixed the display of quest items in containers
  • Character Creation Menu: Fixed Muscle leveling while clicking on an empty space

Gameplay mechanics
  • Fixed the ability to discard quest items
  • Balance: reduced the level of hungry rats in the basement of the cafe at the location "Roadside Picnic”
  • Balance: reduced the number of action points of the necroid in the basement of the gas station at the location "Roadside Picnic”
  • Balance: Nashville Station parking lot turrets set to level 3
  • Balance: sewerage of the "Nashville" station, lowered the level of the group of rats
  • Balance: sewerage of the "Nashville" station, reduced level of the group of cockroaches
  • Balance: -3rd floor of the "Nashville" station, lowered the level of a group of infected in the canteen, lowered the level of enemies near the communication room
  • Balance: "Concord" station, lowered the level of turrets
  • Balance: Changed the Learning curve of the "Servoshell Armor: Data Gathering System" ability
  • Roleplaying System: corrected bonus damage of the Action Hero perk
  • Roleplaying System: fixed the formula for calculating Action Points for non-player characters
  • Fixed the use of sewer manholes in servoshell armor
  • Fixed a bug while using the manhole on the -3rd floor of Nashville Station

Text
  • Fixed the description and logic of the Steam Injectors ability
  • Fixed a typo in the Tactics difficulty description
  • Fixed an error in log entry about Don Spencer's death in the Lost Caravan quest
  • Fixed the Psychonaut perk description
  • Fixed a typo in the message about a character joining a battle
  • Fixed the translation of the interface in the dialogue log tab of the PDA
  • Fixed a placeholder name for the Campbell's Station exit
  • Fixed the description of "Betamine" medicine
  • Fixed low intellect character's dialogue with Medcom-72
  • Fixed low intellect character's dialogue with Marjorie Stovard
  • Added low intellect character's dialogue with the blue car on the Concord Station
  • Fixed the display of extra brackets in the tooltip describing another character's move
  • Fixed the description of the "Analytical Mind" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Trasser" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Blood Transfusion" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Short Circuit" ability
  • Fixed the description of the "Observation" perk
  • Fixed tooltips for Grenades, as well as for abilities of Medicine and Piloting skill trees

And while you downloading the second hotfix, here is the announcement:
11 June, 12:00 PDT / 15:00 EDT / 20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST our publisher Koch Media will be streaming. Everyone is invited!

We left the main announcement regarding the game release for last. Those who follow our social networks already know, so we'll let the rest of you know too: Encased release will happen this fall. Exact date will be announced later.

jac8awol

Arbiter
That artwork is ass. In a good way. Those glorious glutes are adding a hotfix to my shorts.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Employees, with the fifth content patch, not only your weapons can be improved, but also the weapons of your companions. Now they can carry their favorite weapon from the beginning to the end of your story under the Dome.
NIzFwfc.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess I'll post this here too:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/3034844071823114227

Silence before the storm

Today we're going to depart from the usual CRONUS narrative and talk about the latest changes, important announcements, and features of the Encased open world.

They know something you don’t know

3e531c4c16c58e9553b71fe530ea10c9867d5b0f.jpg

This week will be remembered by all RPG fans. Today our publisher, Koch Media, will be hosting a stream mysteriously titled weknowsomethingyoudontknow.com

To get all the classified information, you should definitely watch the broadcast at 21:00 CEST. We are waiting for everyone!

New gameplay trailer

eacbf56569a887dc7047f0758dc0f3ca41bd0205.png

Summer Game Fest has started. And we've prepared a new Encased gameplay trailer, which will soon take its place on all gaming resources. The old trailer doesn't reflect the current state of the game too well, don't you agree? :)
Head over to the Encased homepage on Steam and be among the first to watch it right now!

Random encounters

b73262d1ad823e7002a0c819913226a3cce2438a.jpg

Announcements and trailers are certainly good, but what about the game itself? That's the question we aim to answer with a screenshot of a new random event.

Yes, under the Dome there will be more than just beautiful text vignettes and fierce fights in the arenas. Sometimes you will have to walk around the location, talk to the residents and solve a couple of pressing problems. Well, or just kill everyone and take all the most valuable things. It's up to you, employees.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Don't get me wrong, I love how the environmentals look and what the game seems to be aiming at. But I've this need to say this: Aaaaaah, the never-ware is coming to tell us on September how it is going to be a never-ware again :dance:

welly321

Scholar
Okay I gotta admit I am looking forward to this game. I love the premise! Reminds me of the Stephen King novel, Under the Dome. Please let this game have an intricate combat and character building system like Underrail. That would be amazing! Also how is the crafting in this game? Is it Underrail style where its overpowered?

jac8awol

Arbiter
This game has been such a wild ride for me so far, and I've never even clicked play. Followed it here on the codex and some bros raving about it convinced me to buy. But I was waiting for full version before trying. That was about the time they released DLC, in early access, and I was like oh boy what have I done. Then we hit the development drought and steam pages were full of people screaming vapourware. My spirit sank lower. Then finally, after 40 years in the desert, they learnt to respect the Koch and hype is back, threatening to engulf me once more.

Acrux

Arcane
That EA DLC has brought them a lot of grief, but it wasn't actually big deal. It was an easy way for them to make sure Kickstarter backers got their goodies and allow new buyers to get them too.

I checked out the recent content patch and was very impressed with the updates. Hopefully the incline will continue.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the early access was very barebone in term of features. i said previous pages ago:

- no crime system. can take from any containers no one reacts
- companions are idiots, you cannot cure them via the auto-doc so if they get irradiated and you don't have the medic perk yet, they die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom