Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Olympus 2207 speaks the English now

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Every single encounter means death if you cant outrun them,to reach the two locations on map you encounter guys with machine guns in power armor, the equivalent of deathclaws, and anyway when you arrive you get shot by more guys in power armor while you have absolutely no gear . Oh meet a guy fighting ant, help him then he turns against you to steal your shit The other location you are irradiated and need to melee dogs and rats with bare hands and its not going much better. Maybe its all an elaborate russian joke.

Just a normal day in Eastern Europe.
Had same problems in the balkan 90ies when i would go out to buy bread

Mortmal

Arcane
Quite the misunderstanding.. Is the dumbfuck carrying the canister of waters for ten years , filling the moon shine distributor with candy, and unclogigng shit from the water flilter , responsable for shredding a power armor guard into pieces , no doubt in the mind of the guards, he would turn berserk after doing those menial chores .
Guards see one of their own down - dead - and one of the slaves standing near him. In such situations questions come later, shooting - first. Consider that the workers in Tartarus are slaves in all but name and completely dispensable. It makes some sense.
I tried to reach the metro and encounter so many high level encounters it screams wrong way too . Then my charcter wasnt good enough for melee with barefist, no options yet, it funnel you into specific build . Cant ask too much from free modding however.
I don't know why you have so many problems with the combat here, Resurrection is much harder.
Cause i started with an handgun build, turns out its not giving out any gun at first.

Werdnicus

Learned
Okay, I give up. Where the fuck do I find this thing? Ive been running around like an absolute moron for an hour now, even going as far as murdering the people in the garage hoping one of them have it.

eyBGn92.png

They certainly have mastery of the engine, added nice features like crafting, but omg that design...Now i am looking for that watering filter parts, one i just got by talking to a kid, a random one amongst many, i really had luck, else had no way to find it. And now looking through piles of trash in hope to find the last part.
There are three parts needed. One is given to you by the mechanic; second is given by any kid (it's no luck, lol, script works with every kid); the third is in the parking lot in one of the cars. AFAIK, mechanic gives you the lead where to find them so it's not that bad

Edit: Never fucking mind

Ihavenoidea

Educated
I honestly can't tell where am I supposed to go after I leave the first location - sure, another one is marked on map, but high level encounters make you want to avoid it.
Right now I'm going the opposite way, hoping for a glimpse of a city contour on map. Game is hard, but I like what they did with the graphics.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I honestly can't tell where am I supposed to go after I leave the first location - sure, another one is marked on map, but high level encounters make you want to avoid it.
Right now I'm going the opposite way, hoping for a glimpse of a city contour on map. Game is hard, but I like what they did with the graphics.
W7WrGecr36Y.jpg

I know, this shit is counterintuitive, but it's like that.

Put it somewhere where people could see it

Mortmal

Arcane
Actually its easier to just go southwest , theres guns for sale at least in the trader town . East assume you have a melee build.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Yeap, some small stuff that could be fixed here and there, but completely playable and idiomatic.

For the one's that've finished it already:

-Where the hell do I get sugar?
-I've 4 map pieces, am I missing any? How to assemble, if not?
-Is there any way to approach Oasis before the Olympus quest? Seems like there should, but if I walk having it unmarked on the map it doesn't appear
-Can Luminaires be contacted non-aggro? They always shoot me on sight

-About Renaissance:
is it supposed to be empty? I take it must be related to the map thing, but I can't piece it together

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Thanks, I will check them in a next playthru, I'm afraid everyone's too dead at this point to go back :(

• Choose a skin color instead of a gender. This affects possible ways of solving some quests.
  • The S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system is modified. Changes include: rebalancing the influence of characteristics and skills on gameplay, the skill “Gambling” is replaced by “Casanova” – the ability to convince women

I'm sure it's a compelling experience for incels & redpills who stumble through life just as aimlessly.

Murk

Arcane
This looks.... promising. Probably give this a try sometime over the summer when I have more free time.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Welp, I finished it. I thoroughly recommend this to any fan of the original FOs, it has all the good (great ambiance, lots of approaches to solve quests —some quite creative—, open world, good c&c/reactivity, mysteries and shady shit, etc.) and the bad (combat, the game itself not being that much of a challenge, unbalanced use of skillchecks, and all the usual suspects). World building is quite tight too, and contrary to what others said, I believe that the main arc is well conducted and wraps up the adventure rather nicely.

In short: it's a cool-ass TC, go play it if you're craving for more FO.
Regarding the translation: it's in a great state, there are some minor instances of weird phrasing here and there, but it's playable and enjoyable all the way through.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
I feel like mechanical memory perk was a huge trap, so I restarted my char without it.
I'm at level 4, and I feel like I'm lacking a way to gain exp.
Also quest design like "dog eats steaks with sugar, we feed him every day, here steak, sugar? Haha, fuck you, you'll never find it" or "plunger is a thing that doesn't exist anywhere, good luck solving the quest" is horrible.
Game is admitedly fun, and I will finish it. Big points like don't skip on str were mentioned here already. But damn, it is frustrating.

In the 17 year prologue, how do you deal with the sick cattle? I get is something with the water filters, but I have no new options.
What are the useful vs useless skills and stats in this mod? (E.g. is Casanova a useless gimmic?)

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
In the 17 year prologue, how do you deal with the sick cattle? I get is something with the water filters, but I have no new options.
What are the useful vs useless skills and stats in this mod? (E.g. is Casanova a useless gimmic?)
It was check the filter, then report to the overseer, then you repair it yourself or ask the old guy to do if for you. You will be overjoyed to learn you will have to look for parts all around.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
You can also head straight to the broken machine, ask the guy beside it who's the responsible that's not taking care of it and snitch him to the overseer. While I agree that fetch quests are shit design, almost all of them have a solution that implies not actually getting the parts yourself.

oscar

Arcane
I haven't seen a single use for Casanova yet. Also no sign of a lockpick anywhere so that's feeling like a big waste.

You can also head straight to the broken machine, ask the guy beside it who's the responsible that's not taking care of it and snitch him to the overseer. While I agree that fetch quests are shit design, almost all of them have a solution that implies not actually getting the parts yourself.
Yep, there are 4 machines and one of them doesn't move. To progress the quest you need to check the broken one.

I haven't seen a single use for Casanova yet. Also no sign of a lockpick anywhere so that's feeling like a big waste.
Merchants have lockpicks. But seems like you need a fairly high skill level to all but the most basic skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom