Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victor Pflug's Patreon for Sci-Fi RPG Maps (i.e., Wormwood's genius artist/founder)

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
My longtime friend and teammate Victor Pflug just started a Patreon where you can get isometric maps for sci-fi P&P RPGs. If you're looking for such maps, like the games that he, Dualnames, and I make, or just have monocled taste in art generally, it would be great to jump on. You'll get great artwork, and he'll be able to live by the light of his art rather than by the sweat of his brow at the auto body shop.

1.jpg

I don't know much about maps for P&P RPGs, but I do know that Vic's art is always something special.

Incidentally, Vic and I first crossed paths not on Primordia, but on a Codex thread about nothing other than a (defunct) isometric sci-fi RPG for which he was doing the maps: Zion. Here's the thread, although most of the links are now dead. (A few years later, when he posted on the AGS forums looking for a writer to collaborate with on an adventure game, I thought to myself, "That name sounds familiar....") So there is a certain full circle in his starting this Patreon, and my touting it on the Codex. But perhaps it's more a widening gyre...

Anyway, if you're interested in the maps, check it out here: https://www.patreon.com/wormwoodstudios

(Just to be clear, none of what he's raising goes to me; my self-interest here is purely derivative -- seeing Vic thrive so that he can keep making games, hopefully with me and James.)

agris

Arcane
Patron
Victor, you have got to get paired with a team that can do your art justice. What MRY is showing above is an amazing tileset for an isometric game. Any art director with a sense of style worth a damn would be lucky to have you on their project.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Victor, you have got to get paired with a team that can do your art justice.
Ha! Dualnames, agris is trying to break up the band! :D

(Kidding.)
I thought it was obvious enough as to not be stated, but my comment was intended to be read as “in addition to Wormwood.”

Fallen gods isn’t really using a perspective similar to isometric is it? It’s more top down with parallax?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I was just teasing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom