Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Crysis on Normal plays a heck of a lot like Halo CE

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Last year I played Halo CE for the first time via that Windows 10 games rental service, you know the one. Pretty cool game, I'll admit I was a PC elitist unfairly shitting on Halo fans for 20 years. I can see what all the fuss was about. But that's besides the point.

This week after a long break from PC gaming for family and pandemic related issues (don't ask), I finally managed to sit and have a moment to just play a fucking video game the proper way.

For whatever bizarre reason, my go to choice was Crysis. I'm in a shooter mood. And I just wanted to rambo my way around the island, so I went with Normal difficulty - which allows shooting and driving at the same time, highlights hostiles and bunch of stuff you don't get on Hard or Delta.

I got a completely different outlook on Crysis. It feels so much like Halo when driving and shooting and generally being carelessly bad ass with your regenerating health suit.

Is Crysis a Halo clone?

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
halo would have been cool if they actually put effort into more than 40% of the game.

actually all bungie games are just a bunch of cool ideas executed in the most mediocre ways possible

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
halo would have been cool if they actually put effort into more than 40% of the game.

actually all bungie games are just a bunch of cool ideas executed in the most mediocre ways possible
Glorified tech demo wirh cool idea and decent execution half of the time.

The sequels are pure garbo however. And the tech never really took off because the physics are severely downgraded even in the latest iteration

Morenatsu.

Liturgist

Glorified tech demo wirh cool idea and decent execution half of the time.

The sequels are pure garbo however. And the tech never really took off because the physics are severely downgraded even in the latest iteration
halo 2 was like they decided the best solution to all the shitty filler in the first game was to mix the decent and the shit together so ALL the levels were merely crap this time lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom