Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Move jRPG above ALL ELSE on the main board

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I hope you're Japanese because it would be pathetic for anyone else to grovel so low to a country that they owe no loyalty to who puts out such shit games

Anonona

Learned
Judging by the ridiculous amounts of grinding in some of these j"rpgs"

Nah pal. Good JRPG do not need grinding to win. The fact that many of the one I mentioned have been beaten at either low level or level 1 through extensive knowledge of the system proves it. I did it myself with Dragon's Quarter, beat the game at level 30~ while the enemies where around level 90 by the end. And in that game you cannot grind simply because enemies do not respawn. Grinding is there just for people that do not know how to play well.

fork

The CRPGs* will take over before that happens though. :/

Chinese RPGs

:troll:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
He's lying. He's simply trying to maintain a societally-instilled image.
Soon, following the inevitable collapse of the west under pedo-Biden (a well-known Skyrim fan and Solasta early access buyer) he will finally admit his real love for fulfilling games to us all and begin promoting his efforts to reascertain the prestige of the Empire of the Rising Sun, through the Codex.

PS. The domain jrpgcodex.net is up for grabs.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
qVfY3Tx.png

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
One has ugly women and the other has over-idealized unrealistic women. Does that one have to be naked to use her photosynthesis abilities too? Looks like an ugly women anyways, but with a snap chat filter on.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
One has ugly women and the other has over-idealized unrealistic women. Does that one have to be naked to use her photosynthesis abilities too? Looks like an ugly women anyways, but with a snap chat filter on.

There is no such thing as an over-idolized woman in vidya. You could just as well complaining about games having over-intersting setting or over-exciting encounters. I'm not a turboweeb but it seems that overexposure to western game is starting to melt your brain.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
There is no such thing as an over-idolized woman in vidya. You could just as well complaining about games having over-intersting setting or over-exciting encounters. I'm not a turboweeb but it seems that overexposure to western game is starting to melt your brain.
I'll complain about over-interesting setting and over-exciting encounters when weebs stop engaging with normal settings or normal encounters like the weebs stopped interacting with normal women over 2d pillows.

I'll complain about over-interesting setting and over-exciting encounters when weebs stop engaging with normal settings or normal encounters like the weebs stopped interacting with normal women over 2d pillows.

Imagine letting weebs live rent free in your head and having their actions dictate what you enjoy and don't enjoy in a video game.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
J-games are more offensive

Maybe for people who have become accustomed themselves to ugliness and hideousness, Japanese aesthetics which are meant to be pleasing, are "offensive". For the rest of us it is precisely the reason we like it.
Beauty is presenting adult women as 10 year old kids with boobs, riiiiiight.

The Japedo aesthetics.

Maybe for people who have become accustomed themselves to ugliness and hideousness, Japanese aesthetics which are meant to be pleasing, are "offensive". For the rest of us it is precisely the reason we like it.

The Japedo aesthetics.

You know that things are really bad when fans of western games actually started using SJW talking points to defend their games. All attractive women in games were created simply to appeal to pedophiles. Especially the ones with big tits.

Alex

Arcane

The Japedo aesthetics.

To be honest, the thing I find most annoying are the faces. They are really annoying even when the art might otherwise be passable.

You know that things are really bad when fans of western games actually started using SJW talking points to defend their games. All attractive women in games were created simply to appeal to pedophiles. Especially the ones with big tits.

And that is not even going into the coomer dumb shit so frequently present in these things. But for those at least it is easy enough to find exceptions.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Their minds have been completely fried by their Western propaganda simulators. There's barely any hope left for them. Sad!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

The Japedo aesthetics.

To SJWs pedo shit is great, hell you should like genderbending oversexualized kids! So it's really not an SJW talking point, you're distorting the point.

But really anime often has characters depicted with infantile characteristics: big heads and eyes, overly emotional behavior and voice.

I have nothing against beauty or oversexualized characters, but infantile shit is disgusting to me. The kid stuff is stomach churning, and their voices are like nails on a chalkboard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom