Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Technomancer

Liturgist
You only need 10 str+dex if you use 3 throwing for grappling hook and have a climbing hook. Yes, the climbing hook helps you climb the grappling hook. Incidentally, I think you can loot both a grappling hook and a climbing hook for free from the cemetery with 8 per.
You are wrong unfortunately. Just double-checked it with 4 str 7 dex and the check fails. I remember reading and testing that dex+str=12 is the absolute minimum for the palace climbing check.

Absinthe

Arcane
Ah woops. I misread the code. You're right. You need at least 12 str+dex to make the climb. Climbing hook does not help with rope climbs. Apparently it does check for that.

I guess you're left with mods or cheating then.

Johannes

Arcane
Fulvio training is 10 not 15. Which might imply some of the other numbers are off too.

Fulvio gives 15 ranged, TG Aziz gives 10 melee.
yMBOyzr.png

razvedchiki

Erudite
is it possible to get both fengs and cassius traning as a thief with 7 cha? doing everything daratan related i land with 11 rep before doing fangs quest. i streetwise cassius to leave town and the hit on rep is -3 and i get 8.
since i need 10 to have cassius train me ( and come to tghe mine later for some juicy blue metal) what else i can do to increase daratan rep? i have inflitrated the palace via sneaking and solved the raider/mine problem by having the raiders attack the mine. (also conned antidas with the ring fang gave me but i only got 1 rep).

Jason Liang

Arcane
is it possible to get both fengs and cassius traning as a thief with 7 cha? doing everything daratan related i land with 11 rep before doing fangs quest. i streetwise cassius to leave town and the hit on rep is -3 and i get 8.
since i need 10 to have cassius train me ( and come to tghe mine later for some juicy blue metal) what else i can do to increase daratan rep? i have inflitrated the palace via sneaking and solved the raider/mine problem by having the raiders attack the mine. (also conned antidas with the ring fang gave me but i only got 1 rep).
You cannot if you start as thief (since thief starting reputation is too low). Supposedly you can if you start as loremaster then switch to thief.

Absinthe

Arcane
Obviously you get more rep for swearing loyalty to Antidas. What you don't get for that decision is any real sort of consequence. I think you can lose a point of loyalty for backstabbing him as a liegeman maybe, but you don't actually get any tasks, responsibilities, etc. as Antidas's man. It's very nominal, really.

razvedchiki

Erudite
by the way absinthe, i wanna do a legionary that throws pilla then draws them gladius plus block. saw some earlier posts of yours that said that throwing is really strong.
a 8/8/4/10/6/4 is ok?

Absinthe

Arcane
Yeah that's pretty solid. You're really going to want a good Crafting skill though, and really, the moment it costs you more than 15 SP to upgrade your attack skill you should be considering burning 5 SP into the +3 THC synergy skills for the synergy bonus. You may also want a rank of Alchemy for healing salves. Also I recommend buying up whetstones for bonus damage and saving them until you have at least steel weaponry. Btw if you cut a deal with Cassius, he will give you 2 lb of steel (and 1 lb of blue steel), which is enough for a sword, and you'll only need 5 HD rep to get his training. And I strongly discourage bothering with crit, since it doesn't stack with weapon effect chance and you're already splitting SP between multiple weapons anyway.

Just be aware that a build like this is pretty weak against poison, so get ready to invest in block and get a good shield (Crafting does good work here). Odds are you should also just use Lightened Lamellar Ordu armor for the DR. You may also want to carry antidotes, but only if your block is good enough that you aren't just going to get poisoned again every turn.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Yeah, should be doable. It'd be a hard fight, I imagine, but yes. Especially if you use nets and neurostims I think (just buy neurostims off of alchemists). Nets and bolas work much better when you have throwing skill, iirc.

If you're going to fight Agathoth you're probably going to want to invest in synergies more for an even higher THC, although the 10 Perception should help a lot.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
by the way, can a 4 str and 10 dex char climb the daratan palace?
Yes, but you'll need a climbing hook. It's a str+dex>=16 check and a climbing hook is worth 2 points (unless you're using a rope). Alternatively if you have 3 throwing you can use a grappling hook to make a lower check (str+dex>=12) where the hook no longer helps.

Incidentally if you visit the Teron graveyard with a high perception you can loot those items for free.

Last edited:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
by the way, can a 4 str and 10 dex char climb the daratan palace?
older versions checked for min STR of 5 i think

but in the latest, it might work - if you have the climbing hook (lowers climbing checks by 2): a climbingCheck 16 will get you places (in Teron)

EDIT: ninjaed

i cant help but think it was better in the olden day - as VD said in 2014: "Yes. Basically, if your STR is 4, refrain from any physical activities except walking and breathing."

Absinthe

Arcane
Current version doesn't, which is fine, since it lets you be a bit more flexible with how you spend your stats. Playing a 4 str 10 dex stealthy assassin type only to get screwed out of climbing checks is a pain in the ass anyway.

Parabalus

Arcane
At one point you could climb the Daratan palace with 4 STR and throwing, but climbing to rob the lady next to the palace would fail. Is that still the case?

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
At one point you could climb the Daratan palace with 4 STR and throwing, but climbing to rob the lady next to the palace would fail. Is that still the case?
i think you can rob Camilla with Throwing 3 and the grappling hook with 4 STR and 8+DEX (but you also need Sneak 4 or you'll be spotted)?

Technomancer

Liturgist
You can also get some rep if you use the etiquette option and swear allegiance to Antidas.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Damn, why can't we give Pax Imperium to good ol' Antidas, how can i even call myself loyal Daratan praetor when i only have choice to give the last flying battleship in Empire to his enemies
:negative:

oldbonebrown

Arcane
Do I get more XP if I'm the one to deal the last blow to an enemy?

I just arrived in the second city, playing is a mercenary. It was quite a puzzle to try to get the most out of the first city, this is where I'm at
GUyOd8Q.png

I wish I could make my character black

Technomancer

Liturgist
Do I get more XP if I'm the one to deal the last blow to an enemy?
Sometimes. Don't think it counts in other mass fights like with Kemnebi but in IG Haran Pass skirmish you get extra combat xp only for ordu you slay yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom