Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is a retarded argument that other retards use to defend Bethesda. Bugs should be fixed, no exceptions.
And yet Skyrim is being played, streamed and youtubbed even now. So I'd say that Bethesda approach is, actually, working.

that would have been trivial to both add and test
Only someone who has access to the source code can make this statement and stay relevant. You are not such a person, so your statement is moot.

there's still (crucial) stuff missing that was reported in alpha and repeatedly after
Which means that their bug fixing priorities are different from yours. Again, and I am adamant about that: leave what modders can fix to modders.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean.. we still cant ride animals while enlarged and mounted combat is apparently a focus of beta (repeatedly asked about in surveys)

Rules say your have to be a size class smaller to ride. So if you want to ride Enlarged try Animal Growth.

I’m very happy with Mounted implementation. Strong Feats with substantial opportunity cost (how to get that Mobility up with Heavy Armor is an interesting puzzle to solve) are the heart of what the game is about. Solves some of the bottleneck issues (not just pathing but legit realism limits number of characters in melee).

Only hiccup left is Horse Archery.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Dude, they know how to Enlarge shit. They even added a little turn red animation and the aforementioned toggle switch so obviously the work was done to add the ability. Blows the mind how the relevant part got left out.

They've done the same shit before with Endurance for Rangers missing in P:K a year and half after release. They just don't have internal people playing their own fucking game and they have a massive communication bottleneck because Discord and streamer comments have shit for bandwidth and permanence.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
And I know, that if (a) is implemented, and (b) is implemented, and both features work flawlessly when separate, it is very much possible that combining (a) and (b) would lead to massive code overhaul that takes way more time than it should and introduces new strange and wonderful bugs.

I tried adding log messages for autopause and failed miserably, because it required impelementing new events and pushing them through their event handling system. Just to write in the log file "Pause: Linzi has finished her round". Who would have guessed, huh.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About resting, what would be cool is if each mythic path coudl have some protection from being attacked while resting. Liches summons undead guards, angels, a sigil which awakens the party and so on.

Desiderius

Patron
Which means that their bug fixing priorities are different from yours. Again, and I am adamant about that: leave what modders can fix to modders.

It’s a game. If your priority is anything other than getting the game working properly you’re doing it wrong. I’m a CRPGAddict level expert on that subject.

Most players don’t know how to mod. They do know when a product promises something it doesn’t deliver.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
This is a retarded argument that other retards use to defend Bethesda. Bugs should be fixed, no exceptions.
And yet Skyrim is being played, streamed and youtubbed even now. So I'd say that Bethesda approach is, actually, working.
I honestly did not expect to see an argument THIS retarded. What makes you think WotR and Skyrim have the REMOTEST similarity to each other? Because the parallels I'm seeing are to a certain other company whose name began with Tro and ended in ika.

Efe

Erudite
enlarge animal does not increase size :( If you enlarge char and pet then you cant ride it anymore
If they fix that, trip pets will be even better too

Efe

Erudite
There is also problem of casting while mounted.
It makes no sense that it works for some spells but not others. or that you cannot buff rider on a mount, it auto targets mount. I'm guessing thats why confused mounts try to bit themselves while riders hit mounts correctly.
lots of things broken if you look closely.

Desiderius

Patron
I just treated it as can’t cast while mounted. Smite works fine. You want to be attacking with Pal anyway. A little bit of a pain to dismount to buff mainly because mount button took three clicks.

Desiderius

Patron
I mean.. we still cant ride animals while enlarged and mounted combat is apparently a focus of beta (repeatedly asked about in surveys)

This is Lann's Mount with Animal Growth (it definitely grew!)

Animal Growth.jpg

Here's Enlarged Lann riding it:

Growth + Enlarge.jpg

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Discord:

GalagraphiaToday at 5:47 AM
We will be closing the Beta survey on Sunday. We will greatly appreciate if you participate in it. It's your last chance to make a major impact on the development of the game. https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6361751/Pathfinder-Big-Beta @Beta
Pathfinder_Big Beta
Pathfinder_Big Beta.
I finished it. It took a lot of effort on my end though. What is a Galagraphia anyways? I thought I knew english, but that's a new word for me.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Discord:

GalagraphiaToday at 5:47 AM
We will be closing the Beta survey on Sunday. We will greatly appreciate if you participate in it. It's your last chance to make a major impact on the development of the game. https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6361751/Pathfinder-Big-Beta @Beta
Pathfinder_Big Beta
Pathfinder_Big Beta.
I finished it. It took a lot of effort on my end though. What is a Galagraphia anyways? I thought I knew english, but that's a new word for me.

That's just the name of the poster on Discord... I don't think it has any meaning. I copy/pasted so the link would be viable, but here's the actual discord post:

83Yc6Lz.png

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
This is "Голография" written with 2 orthographic errors to sound like "Гала" which is from a Russian woman's name "Галина". And then transliterated to Latin (with "G" instead of "H").

If there is any Galina in their staff (or relatives of the staff) I guess it would be her nickname.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This is "Голография" written with 2 orthographic errors to sound like "Гала" which is from a Russian woman's name "Галина". And then transliterated to Latin (with "G" instead of "H").

If there is any Galina in their staff (or relatives of the staff) I guess it would be her nickname.
Much appreciated. As far as I can tell, she is a community manager for owlcat... she at least posts for them on Discord/Steam. Also is an artist (presumably unaffiliated) and youtuber who loved dragon age. So... you know, a mixed bag, but I'm glad she she posts updates.

TumblingTorin

Educated
I wonder if they are gonna if they add in the Skald's Spell Kenning feature. That's one of their best abilities. The Call in the Wild mod for Kingmaker was able to implement a rough version of it. The ability to cast a bard//cleric/wizard spell a few times a day is such a great ability.

Desiderius

Patron
Not that much bigger lol. He grew - I watched him.

Of course Seelah starts bigger too. Not sure any cat would want an Enlarged Seelah on its back.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom