Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Good gaming channels on Youtube?

Baron Dupek

Arcane

finally some game-related LGR video
just another reminder that Unreal is ded for Epic, just like Quake for ID etc.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist

Crispy dies at 05:33

Great video, especially considering its of a relatively unknown game. I think you could've given more of your own opinion about what could've been included or done better in respect to the lore, since you've read the books. There are people who do lore-only videos on franchises like Warhammer and LOTR using game footage but while they're interesting to watch, they come off more like documentaries. Since you've read the books and played the game, I think a mixture of game and lore review would be something you could make that would be both unique and interesting to watch, especially since its a lesser known fantasy universe that's covered.

Audio was smooth throughout with intro and outro music and game sounds being a bit louder than the narration, at least for me. Not annoying but just letting you know.

EDIT: corrected accidental caps

Last edited:

A horse of course

Crispy dies at 05:33

Great video, especially considering its of a relatively unknown game. I think you could've given more of your own opinion about what could've been included or done better in respect to the lore, since you've read the books. There are people who do lore-only videos on franchises like Warhammer and LOTR USING GAME FOOTAGE but while they're interesting to watch, they come off more like documentaries. Since you've read the books and played the game, I think a mixture of game and lore review would be something you could make that would be both unique and interesting to watch, especially since its a lesser known fantasy universe that's covered.

Audio was smooth throughout with intro and outro music and game sounds being a bit louder than the narration, at least for me. Not annoying but just letting you know.

I read the books butt I can't even pronounce half the words properly desu, I'd sound like a poseur. I watched a couple of "WoT youtuber" videos to see if there was any extra background info, but they mostly just complained about Elayna being allowed into the Aes Sedai and the ter'angreal thing.

That said, I cut a LOT of narration from this review due to the fact it was hitting the 28-30m mark, which was dangerously close to being a "full" retrospective but without the same level of detail. There's a lot of stuff I feel they could've used from the books to give the game a bit more variety, like the darkhounds or dragkhar (whatever the flying niggas are called). I suppose the Seanchan would be difficult to justify due to how their reveal is used in the novels, but it's odd the Aiel are nowhere to be seen in the blight/borderlands levels.

The "Sight and Sound" section deliberately used louder in-game sound, though the bit with the Machin Shin at the start was actually an audio error, it was supposed to fade out much faster when I started talking. When you say outro music was too loud, do you mean the part where I was actually talking?

Terra

Cipher

After his "review" of Deus Ex I'm more sceptical, to put it mildly...

Ha, see that guy finally went full SocJus. Stopped watching a few months back as there were a few SJWisms sprinkled into some of his prior vids. What a dipshit thinking the primary audience for a iso crpg retrospective are kowtowing sjw trash.

Blaza

Educated
Still have no desire to play Outer Worlds but I enjoyed Strat-Edgy's video. Contains trademark real life revelation stuff but I don't really mind it

Not sure if this video would be interesting to anyone that didn't grow up with the games like I did, but aside from a random tangent about the portrayal of cops in entertainment this was a pretty enjoyable video about the various game/art design and things of that nature on the Jak and Daxter games

I tend to really enjoy these long form videos, gives me something to throw on my second monitor while working

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Still have no desire to play Outer Worlds but I enjoyed Strat-Edgy's video. Contains trademark real life revelation stuff but I don't really mind it

Not sure if this video would be interesting to anyone that didn't grow up with the games like I did, but aside from a random tangent about the portrayal of cops in entertainment this was a pretty enjoyable video about the various game/art design and things of that nature on the Jak and Daxter games

I tend to really enjoy these long form videos, gives me something to throw on my second monitor while working

Strat-Retard should be kept far away from this topic, he's a complete moron who couldn't figure out basic protective spells in Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Fuck him.

Edit: Didn't he bitch about Underrail being too difficult and the mechanics being too complex for him?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
He talked up the difficulty of Underrail, but he also said he loved it. That's far from the worst take out there.

Blaza

Educated
Strat-Retard should be kept far away from this topic, he's a complete moron who couldn't figure out basic protective spells in Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Fuck him.

Edit: Didn't he bitch about Underrail being too difficult and the mechanics being too complex for him?

Never watched either his Pathfinder: Kingmaker or Underrail videos, but if that's true that's fucking hilarious. I don't really watch him for any sort of mechanical understanding I just wanna listen to a dude wax poetic about video games for 2 hours.

Bismuth does docs on speedrunning stuff, so if you're into that you'd probably like his videos. It's a more techincal look than someone like Summoning Salt or Karl Jobst, so a hefty amount of autism is required.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The TOW video was "okay", but TBH it would be easily condensed into an hour without even removing the life stuff.

HansDampf

Arcane
Strat-Edgy still rambling about his horrible childhood nobody cares about?
rating_prosper.png

lightbane

Arcane
Do you like Mechwarrior? This guy is playing (nearly) ALL OF THEM.
Example:

Not enough for you? Then this other plays the most obscure ones of the franchise.

A horse of course

Digital Foundry are retarded console fanboys that shill literally every single new piece of hardware, but DF retro is cool.

Citizen

Sadly he doesn't do yt vids anymore, but still uploads funny highlights from twitch

PS. fuck you Ed123 u fat and smell of cheap popcorn

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth

This is a video made by a speedrunner going over version differences between vanilla 1.1, wesp5's unofficial patch and Tessera's True Patch Gold. Although it's made from a speedrunner's perspective, any Bloodlines fan should find it to be entertaining and informative. There are also a few Tessera dramatic readings sprinkled in there for good measure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom