Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

FUUUCKKKKK how fucking huge is this game? they showed like 20 different locations :shredder:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Trailer looks bad.

They probably got some faggot western firm to do it. Shit music, retarded slow motion crap. Yep, feels like a modern trailer alright.

Wait no if it was done by a western company they would have put some inappropriate 70s rock song in it.

fork

Looks amazing, dark souls 1 open world. And in january, AMAZING

Are you fucking retarded?
One of the most important things, which makes Dark Souls as great as it is, is the fact that it's _not_ open world.

"Dark Souls, but open world" sounds like "good, but bad."

fork

It doesn't look like Dark Souls in any way btw. Open world or not. Mount looks like a shitty gimmick.
Pretty sure that finally is the nail in FromSoft's coffin. But I'll let Codex gobble it up, because it's probably the least shit of upcoming games.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Surprised it's coming in January tbh, but I suppose I should have figured it was fairly far in its development process. Didn't they start in 2017?

Perkel

Arcane
Trailer looks definitely "last gen". Also it seems like there are ton of locations as trailer non stop changed one after another location.

Maybe they are going for DS2 size ?

Really nice of Miyazaki to put Berserk's Spiral World Tree in Elden Ring. Nice Tribute :smug: /s

That is Ygdrassil pretty common trope in fantasy especially japanese one since they took it from norse mythology and japanese fear trees.

Gerrard

Arcane
And there it is. I don't think anyone wasn't expecting it to be Dark Souls 4 in everything except its name.
What remains to be seen is whether or not it will feel different enough to warrant the rename though
You mean this studio can make anything that isn't a Dark Souls clone?

Gerrard

Arcane
Gotta repost this
s8l2dLO.jpg

E: already hitting some of those in the trailer

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I wonder what system requirements will be
last From games (except Sekiro) were humble even on ultras

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom