Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

J1M

Arcane
Did any of you do the final boss fight in ME1 on Insanity? This is going to take me like an hour.
regret not bringing tali+garrus, biotic powers do nothing to him in LE
I did it as a soldier. Your biotics should be helpful against the adds that spawn. Try using the SMG or Assault Rifle along with their weapon powers if you have them to bring down his shields. Don't forget that your companions have multiple weapon types too. Biotics should work once shields are down and you should still be able to apply Warp to increase your other damage when he is shielded.

It might also be possible to trigger biotic combo explosions to damage his shield, but I didn't really play Adept outside of ME3.

Tip for people who haven't run up the side of the citadel yet: Buy some SPECTRE weapons.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I forgot how ugly Miranda is :abyssgazer:

Yeah, back when i played ME2 and she mentioned her appearance and how perfect she supposedly was, i was thinking "have you seen your face in a mirror?" :-P.

I mean, i get that she is actually supposed to be as perfect as she claims, in the same sense that blob of pixels in Ultima 1 is supposed to be a human party instead of a giant dude that teleports in 2m increments, but whatever method they used to convert her voice actor...

3RHypH6.png

...to the game, just didn't work. Also most other NPCs (and most importantly, the player character) are hand-made (either fully or partially from a chargen) with a bit more "perfect" proportions and styles, so there is a bit of a style clash. I think some other important NPCs like Samara were based on real people too and also had that "a bit off" feel.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Since LE has been hijacked by SJWs, sexualized Miranda mod is in short order.

Codex Year of the Donut
I started playing this, and the game is actually good. (...) Totally depressing how the games declined in those 14 years.
I suggest you to play the original series, not the Legendary edition.
ME1 legendary edition is definitely the version to play. Fixed a lot of the major issues(that is, poor combat + better enemy AI) and added quite a few UI/usability improvements.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Yeah, back when i played ME2 and she mentioned her appearance and how perfect she supposedly was, i was thinking "have you seen your face in a mirror?" :-P.

I mean, i get that she is actually supposed to be as perfect as she claims, in the same sense that blob of pixels in Ultima 1 is supposed to be a human party instead of a giant dude that teleports in 2m increments, but whatever method they used to convert her voice actor...

3RHypH6.png

...to the game, just didn't work. Also most other NPCs (and most importantly, the player character) are hand-made (either fully or partially from a chargen) with a bit more "perfect" proportions and styles, so there is a bit of a style clash. I think some other important NPCs like Samara were based on real people too and also had that "a bit off" feel.

They did a good job with Zaeed. Actually interesting too, unlike Shit-randa.

mass-effect-2-zaeed.jpg

OIP.rCPfUcp5LPH2yM1Op1N5tAHaDE

J1M

Arcane

3RHypH6.png

Bioware has no trouble scanning male models and translating them into 3D models. Shepard and Ryder, for example.

For Miranda and Girl Ryder there was clearly post-import tweaking by the soyboy and danger-hair art team to prevent them from experiencing discomforting levels of arousal and jealousy.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Paragon/Renegade was a lot different in ME1. Renegade was just being more assertive, not an asshole. e.g., forcing the addict to go to treatment is renegade. I liked it better than the later games where it basically becomes light/dark side force-tier.
Renegade in ME1 also covers the xenophobic choices, you know. (The later games don't let you act xenophobic at all.)

Codex Year of the Donut
Bioware has no trouble scanning male models and translating them into 3D models. Shepard and Ryder, for example.

For Miranda and Girl Ryder there was clearly post-import tweaking by the soyboy and danger-hair art team to prevent them from experiencing discomforting levels of arousal and jealousy.
The IGN girl in ME3 is ugly too

Codex Year of the Donut
Paragon/Renegade was a lot different in ME1. Renegade was just being more assertive, not an asshole. e.g., forcing the addict to go to treatment is renegade. I liked it better than the later games where it basically becomes light/dark side force-tier.
Renegade in ME1 also covers the xenophobic choices, you know. (The later games don't let you act xenophobic at all.)
The problem is obviously that blue bar/red bar isn't enough and the meaning of each varies wildly depending on who is writing it.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The very models used for both Shitranda and Ryder are absolutely nothing to write home about in the first place. Yvonne Strahovski and "Jayde" Rossi look sad.
Stop using braindead, aging, feminist, western thots as models.

The type of model they should be using:

sugimoto-yumi-01-33.jpg

J1M

Arcane
The very models used for both Shitranda and Ryder are absolutely nothing to write home about in the first place. Yvonne Strahovski and "Jayde" Rossi look sad.
Stop using braindead, aging, feminist, western thots as models.

The type of model they should be using:

sugimoto-yumi-01-33.jpg
Thane is available as a companion in ME2.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Did any of you do the final boss fight in ME1 on Insanity? This is going to take me like an hour.
regret not bringing tali+garrus, biotic powers do nothing to him in LE

I have done ME1 final fight on Insanity with 2 biotics in team, and it the same as it was in classic ME1. Biotic skills work and incapacitate Saren for a pretty long time, but he has a very high Physics Threshold so you need to pack 1k+ Force in your Throw or Level 3 Lift to affect him. Level 3 Lift is actually one of the strongest Biotic CC - you could send Geth Armature Flying for a 5-10 second with it, depending on amp. Singularity is better vs several enemies but has lower Force so it does not work against bigger things.

Strange enough, ME1 LE last battle is indeed harder - now there are couple waves of extra geth spawning that were not present in the original. Same with the big Geth Armature fight on Therum, they added several smaller Geth there, but thank god they also moved savepoint to load you after that damn cutscene.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
I enjoy reading through the ME1 codex entries everytime I play through it. Shame they squandered so much. There's probably about a small book's worth of content between all the entries.

Was it the L'Etoille guy who wrote those? I forget.

I got a distinct Dirty Harry vibe from ME1 renegade. A man out for justice despite an unhelpful or corrupt system.

Very individualistic and hands on approach to solving problems. Loved it.

Seconded. That seemed like a way of "allowing pseudo-evil," while still keeping the game's goal the same for both approaches. It's probably not as freeform as alignments in other RPGs, but BioWere and Bethesda seem to be draining RPG elements out of each of their subsequent games one at a time.

Still, the Renegade works well enough. I don't know how many people played Renegade, though (there's probably a % comparison on Achievements somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look).

Codex Year of the Donut
biggest complaint is the dumbass design decision of making 'advance conversation' and 'pick conversation choice' the same button :prosper:

re: ME2
Companions being much more reactive in combat to using their skills was a nice change.
Inventory situation is complicated. I dislike it being so simplified, OTOH, I don't think weapon mk N is good design, ME1 would have benefited from more unique weapons and less overall.
Shields/biotic barrier/armor make for more interesting combat because it changes how you use your abilities/gives you more incentive to weapon swap more and have a more diverse weapon loadout on your squad.

Zaeed is easily one of the best characters in the series, so, that's a plus for ME2.

[edit]
and ME2's galactic map is shit compared to ME1, no idea why they changed it.
[edit2]
forgot how much I love omega's design/atmosphere. Soul. The quarantined slums with all the dead people/logs especially.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom