Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
What if assets reuse in trailer was the marketing division' conscious decision? After all, 90% of people who will buy this are Dark Souls fans. So they showed them (us) the things that we (as they think) loved in DS.

Akratus II

Savant
Patron
other than the overarching story and (sometimes) atmosphere, pretty much nothing in DS1/2 is a step backwards compared to DeS. mechanically they're both so much better it's not a few steps, but a couple of continents forward. you may argue about bonfire/checkpoint placement and level design, but then you'd just be wrong_carlo :smug:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What if assets reuse in trailer was the marketing division' conscious decision? After all, 90% of people who will buy this are Dark Souls fans. So they showed them (us) the things that we (as they think) loved in DS.
What if assets reuse is a quick and efficient way to avoid wasting time and resources working on something you already have? Why should they discard their previous games and start from scratch? What's the point?

I mean, people are complaining that blocking and jumping animations are taken from DS3. What the fuck.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's more that even though they've got a completely fresh franchise, they're still making a game so similar to what they've been doing for the past 12 years that animation reuse on this scale is possible.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It has been 2 years since a From Game and I want to play a new creation from them. I don't care if they don't reinvent the wheel with Elden Ring, I'm sure is gonna be a good game, specially for people who enjoy Souls formula , like me.

What I expect from FROM Software now is to make a good, technical competent Armored Core game that releases on PC, so everyone can know true monocled prestige once and for all. The culmination of what the great AC For Answer almost achieved.

NerevarineKing

Learned
A new King's Field style game would be dope, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Honestly, FromSoft have impressed me enough that I'll give basically anything they make a chance.

praetor

Arcane
the monumental was a metaphor for capitalism no i will not explain

no it wasn't! it was clearly a sexist symbol of the male dominance through the phallus! i mean, it's male and it's called MONUMENTAL! of course it's an allusion to god miyazaki-san's virile prowess! you shitlord! i'm feeling oppressed here

Delterius

Arcane

no it wasn't! it was clearly a sexist symbol of the male dominance through the phallus! i mean, it's male and it's called MONUMENTAL! of course it's an allusion to god miyazaki-san's virile prowess! you shitlord! i'm feeling oppressed here
the monumental was the buddha kid you weirdo man

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
A new King's Field style game would be dope, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Honestly, FromSoft have impressed me enough that I'll give basically anything they make a chance.
Yeah, pretty much. I didn't like Sekiro, but fromsoft are still batting way above average and it will take more than one mediocre title for me to stop giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Seeing this trailer kinda makes me want to boot up DS3 again though. There's this cinders mod that looks kind of interesting...

Caim

Arcane
the monumental was the buddha kid you weirdo man
The Maiden in Black is a metaphor for women being sexually abused because the wax on her face is a visual standin for semen.

Machocruz

Arcane
The lesson here, so far, is that what you imagine could be wil always be more interesting than what actually turns out to be.

Being underwhelmed by the trailer, people are now falling back to 'well I trust from software, so...' But that is also and still their hopeful imagining.

When has a long anticipated, major release gone from tepid reveal to a stunning final? More oft it is the other way around.

How much cope will this whole affair ultimately yield, I wonder

Ezekiel

Arcane
Looks too much like a retread for my taste. I played the first three Souls games to death. III and Bloodborne much less. I'm also disappointed they brought the dodge roll back. It looks stupid.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I just came to say I was a bit bummed at first but the more I watch the trailer the more I like what I'm seeing.

Aesthetically it looks like if Dark Souls 2 was made by the BB team.

I like it. Aesthetically if fits neither the standard fantasy of Dark Souls or the "gothic", vampire fantasy of Bloodborne. Even though it feels like they meshed all their previous games toghether (sans Sekiro) the overall effect feels like something new.

HOWEVER, i'm a little annoyed at yet another Emerald Herald rehash. Dark Souls 2 burned me out with that character and we got it in DS3 again and now that shit appears to be here AGAIN. Enough with this shit get another fetish Hidetaka. At least she is wearing boots i guess? lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Decent extrapolations if you can stand listening to someone giving Myazaki a blowjob for 14m:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom