Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment first time playing Planescape Torment

eli

Learned
i have a some questions regarding the choices in the game. are they frequent and lacking in depth or the oppesite (like witcher 2 big divergent choices in story)? also, do many of the choices have those min req stats to be able to choose them?

Radiane

Cipher
If you ask those questions, you arent even worthy to play that game
Back then we didn have no internets son to ask silly questions
just play the game like a real man

Vlajdermen

Arcane
You're not meant to know things in advance on your first try. Do what your intuition tells you. You don't have much to be intimidated by, it's Planescape Torment. It's simple.

Tigranes

Arcane
i have a some questions regarding the choices in the game. are they frequent and lacking in depth or the oppesite (like witcher 2 big divergent choices in story)? also, do many of the choices have those min req stats to be able to choose them?

It has extraordinary writing relative to other games, so sit back and enjoy it. You don't really have to exhaustively theorycraft hidden modifiers throughout or anything. High WIS mage is the 'textbook' way to see most content.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
INT comes in handy too I believe. Then there's DEX. I feel dirty telling a newbie stuff because they should just enjoy the game, but then if you don't know what PST is you might get put off it. Morte is incredibly powerful regarding early game content. Just take care of him and stock up on healing.

I've got a different playing style afer all these years though (like keeping my party small to begin with) so I should just shut up as far as giving newbies advice goes.

jackofshadows

Magister
Raise STR, DEX, CON and just play murder hobo as usual. Being immortal definitely has its perks.

Goldschmidt

Learned
I played PST when I was one month old. I also played the piano fluently, did backflips with my bike and secretly created a mini nuclear fusion plant (which I kept in my basement for the last 20 years).

I called my character 'THE witcher'. There are a lot of choices: who to kill, who to keep alive, where to go, who to love, when to rest. This game also got the best spells in the history of rpg gaming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ZomwuNcwU&list=PLxcojc6aZHu27G6MHq7IgJ_wfz7oeC-e_

Son, if you didn't play this game, you are not a man!

What changes the nature of a man?
Another man!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom