Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

No thread? Figures. Bunch of fucked up detached losers have no fucking clue what's going on out here. I've got good news for your gaming habits. It's the sort of shit you enjoy but you'll have to adjust to a more... corporate mindset.

I assume you already own some suitable hardware to play it on. Comes out of Early Access hell on June 16.

Not like you have anything better to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alphons

Cipher
Bought it some time ago.

Absolutely insane arsenal of weapons and augs allows you to do almost anything.

Jetpacked my way on to the roof, dropped on one cop gibbing him instantly, used a fishing rod to steal a gun from his buddy, switched to AR powered by my stocks portfolio to kill two more and finished with a super kick that sent disarmed guy into the sniper on a nearby building killing them both.
Finished the encounter by eating their corpses and selling their organs.

There're also less lethal options like stealth and police baton.

The beginning just feels like a shitty asset flip tier non-game or quirky early 2000s walking sim. I'm assuming it gets way better given all the hype but even glancing at some let's plays, enemies seem to have no behavior other than run in a straight line toward you from detection onward.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
out of all of the new indie FPS games that go for that luscious software renderer aesthetic, cruelty squad is probably the best for numerous reasons. the gameplay keeps you on your toes, the game's world is more believable and depressing than cyberfuck 2077, oh, and fishing

orcinator

Liturgist
The game opens up once you unlock more movement options (rocket jump, intestine whip) then start finding the secrets and dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.
You also need a CEO mindset to fully appreciate everything

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Cruelty Squad is the only game I can think of that has perfectly balanced between the line of "shitpost" and "enjoyable game to play". The game looks like it was made by Terry A. Davis as a Temple OS exclusive yet every level has such a great attention to detail while rewarding players who go exploring. It feels very slippery to play initially but after getting better equipment and mastering the movement, you'll be using a Grappendix intestine augmentation as a grappling hook to fling yourself around levels while DNA Scrambling enemies to the point of unrecognition for an S rank. The game has an ost where one of the tracks comprise of fucking toilet sounds yet by the time I started fishing for money, I kept the in game radio with me to listen to some background tunes.

ng361y.png

fork

Well, what are you supposed to do as a Westerner? Huh?
Consume AAA shit? Cuckold Simulator? Huh, huh??

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
As a red blooded male with your head screwed on straight you're supposed to play Japanese games and forget about Western triple A games and indie pixel/schizo garbage.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
BIOMUTANT had vore, so what sick fetish does this game have that you're shilling it so hard, Jenkem?

CyberModuled

Arbiter
set the resolution to 640x480 and see what happens
I have and I never looked back. Truly the resolution of god. And hey, genuinely impressive the dev was able to make the game look like even more of a hellscape then it already does with Cursed mode enabled.

lightbane

Arcane
Icarus' review of this janky psycho Deus Ex is much better explanation if you don't know what to expect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom